Barrett is walking into HELL!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea how it’s going to go. A lot will depend on who they get with those last roster spots if we don’t improve the spine then it’s going to be very hard to see much improvement. I’m also a bit worried about the defence under Barrett as he seems very focused on attack.
Yes. It's definitely important that we pick up 3-4 good players in the coming weeks. Without doubt that's vital.

Defence? Yes. IT's true he's been primarily focused on attack going by all accounts, however aren't Furner & Sandercock decent defensive coaches themselves?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. It's definitely important that we pick up 3-4 good players in the coming weeks. Without doubt that's vital.

Defence? Yes. IT's true he's been primarily focused on attack going by all accounts, however aren't Furner & Sandercock decent defensive coaches themselves?
Sandercock was going to be attacking assistant and Furner is a forwards coach at Newcastle but maybe that will change at the Dogs.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sandercock was going to be attacking assistant and Furner is a forwards coach at Newcastle but maybe that will change at the Dogs.
IDK their backgrounds tbh so I cant really comment that much. But both bring experience so I think it'll only be positive things that come out of this.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its not as bad as all that because I don't think expectations are very high. I think he has a couple of years up his sleeve to build things up slowly. He has salary cap space... he just needs to wait for the right opportunities to improve the team.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank fuck you're in Auckland buddy! The last thing we need is you turning up to games and stinking the place out with your shit.
LOL...
I laughed so much I nearly collapsed :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Thanks TD !!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Op is salty that the andersons were given the flick
Close thread

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent Barrett - you are walking into the gates of hell.

You will be crucified over the year, you will be getting the spoon.

Good luck buddy!
Sounds like the only one in hell is u,Auckland what a shithole,the only people on the streets after dark,are the police and lowlifes

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on Lyn, it's been a big day, bedtime now sweetheart.

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barretts 2021 roster is weaker than Pays 2020 roster.

Looking at the other 15 nrl teams, no other team seems weaker than the Dogs - regardless of who the coach is

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of the talent we are pursuing will not want to discuss contracts until after the finals campaign is over. With this in mind, I would say we will be announcing some good signings shortly so TB will be walking into a club on the rise. He’s also learned from his past and assembled a strong team around him whereas at Manly, he tried to do everything himself..
TB will want to make his first year a strong one, the cheque book will be coming out.

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
Great post mate. Rational and well thought out
Some of the talent we are pursuing will not want to discuss contracts until after the finals campaign is over. With this in mind, I would say we will be announcing some good signings shortly so TB will be walking into a club on the rise. He’s also learned from his past and assembled a strong team around him whereas at Manly, he tried to do everything himself..
TB will want to make his first year a strong one, the cheque book will be coming out.