Opinion Barrett Emotional Reaction After Win

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He needs to remember that the Fox Sports guys are providing us fans with the vision that we loyal fans expect to see - such as Tbaz's emotional reaction to the win.

TBH, Trent didn't look too impressed with Fred's presence.
Well said. The same way we expect our players to behave in public, staff must do the same too.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a night, went to the game, sat just behind the boys on the bench. Baz could not sit still the whole 80 minutes. He is the man to take us to our next premiership, he rode every play with passion. More than pay or hasler ever did.

The statement that got me the most was in his presser tonight, he’s here for the long game, not after band aid solutions( like pay with reynolds and benji) even if it costs him his job.

He is building this club for the future like Gould did at penrith back in 2011/12 with nurturing juniors and buying the next big things like burton ( who ain’t back flipping). He ain’t going to waste time with has beens. He has the clubs interests at heart more than his own, he will win us a premiership

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
What a night, went to the game, sat just behind the boys on the bench. Baz could not sit still the whole 80 minutes. He is the man to take us to our next premiership, he rode every play with passion. More than pay or hasler ever did.

The statement that got me the most was in his presser tonight, he’s here for the long game, not after band aid solutions( like pay with reynolds and benji) even if it costs him his job.

He is building this club for the future like Gould did at penrith back in 2011/12 with nurturing juniors and buying the next big things like burton ( who ain’t back flipping). He ain’t going to waste time with has beens. He has the clubs interests at heart more than his own, he will win us a premiership
So glad you guys got to experience that tonight, wish I was there but being in the Riverina it's not easy to get to games.
Also extremely refreshing to hear a positive comment here on The Kennel.
I do think Barrett is the way forward for us,and I do believe we have enough players here,and coming in the future,to be competitive for the top 8 in the next couple of years.
Again,so glad there's a positive comment on here.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s weak and depressing to be so joyous about a single meaningless win.

Really can’t imagine Bellamy, Bennett or Robinson carrying on about it.

Once upon a time no Canterbury fan would have either.
Nobody is saying they're overjoyed about having just won a single game. But you have to enjoy the wins when you get them even if it's below the standard you wish the club were providing.

Instead of sitting here trying to convince others they shouldn't be celebrating the win how about you just move on and stop trying to aggravate people. Not because you have to, but because people don't want a wet blanket trying to detract from a small moment of happiness in an otherwise unimpressive year. Come back when we've had a couple of wins or something.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know how Baz deals with that little moment in the review.

Elliott spoke well, he emphasised how happy he was that Ava made his Dogs debut, said he gets there at 5am and works harder than anyone, and that his presence on the field today was important. Also happy that Cotric got a try and a win in his 100th game, and also happy for Jacko and Hoppa, who've been working hard trying to get the team up.
Hopefully the win relive’s some of the pressure they have all been under and they just concentrate on playing good football week in and week out.
All of a sudden we are looking forward to our next game with a little more enthusiasm.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Nobody is saying they're overjoyed about having just won a single game. But you have to enjoy the wins when you get them even if it's below the standard you wish the club were providing.

Instead of sitting here trying to convince others they shouldn't be celebrating the win how about you just move on and stop trying to aggravate people. Not because you have to, but because people don't want a wet blanket trying to detract from a small moment of happiness in an otherwise unimpressive year. Come back when we've had a couple of wins or something.
Well said mate,:grinning:

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Passion Pride and loads of experience which he is trying to teach these kids.. the senior players lead the way and im so happy they got the W. I have watched and listened to his comments for the past 12 months and he is the next big coach coming through the NRL.. Wait for these kids to have 100 games under their belt.. add some quality to the squad and we are on our way to another golden period of Dogs dominating competitions.. This guy is the real deal and I look forward to watching him rebuild our great club and remain confident in our Board in supporting him..

Last edited:

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I wouldn’t try to convince anyone of anything, nor am I interested in doing so. I’ve simply expressed my own views, which evidently are not appreciated by the overwhelming majority. I will continue to call it as I see it. I am not here to win your affections.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Passion Pride and loads of experience which he is trying to teach these kids.. the senior players lead the way and im so happy they got the W. I have watched and listened to his comments for the past 12 months and he is the next big coach coming through the NRL.. Wait for these kids to have 100 games under their belt.. add some quality to the squad and we are on ouw way to another golden period of Dogs dominating competitions.. This guy is the real deal and I look forward to watching him rebuild our great club and remain confident in our Board in supporting him..
Exactly, this squad is one of the most inexperienced in the comp.
Plenty of great judges have said it takes 50+ games in first grade before you actually are a first grader.
But here all you get is how they are the worst team in 100 years.
Have they realised how young and inexperienced they are in key positions?
they need time, something this site has no time for obviously.
Some of the posters here need to take a chill pill and calm the fuck down.
I yell and scream at the TV like everyone else, but rarely do I take it out in the players coz they are trying their hardest,whether that is good enough or not is for time to tell, but for now they are what we have.
How about giving them some encouragement?

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I wouldn’t try to convince anyone of anything, nor am I interested in doing so. I’ve simply expressed my own views, which evidently are not appreciated by the overwhelming majority. I will continue to call it as I see it. I am not here to win your affections.
You're not convincing anyone, so as you can see that you are in the minority, does that mean we can look forward to not reading your negative, depressing, uninformed, uneducated thoughts from here on.
Happy Days!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Great post mate, I learned a lot about Baz tonight and your description of him at the game reinforced what I had seen through the Broadcast Cheers!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Great post Al