Barrett Defenders

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I'm still a Barrett fan. If you all think he doesn't know what is wrong every week that you are delusional. He was a premier 6 & 7. Yes he needs assistance and he will get that. Make no mistake that Gus would be working on this. We have been a basket case for many yrs. The moment Does walked into Belmore and neglected the juniors we were on a road to nowhere. We lack leaders on the field..Baz can talk and talk but the veterans teach. He have no teachers. The one criticism I have if Barrett is he needs to be a stronger leader. His demeanor doesn't show leadership, his actions don't show leadership. He needs to start cracking heads. Our experienced players like Jackson Vaughan Thompson and Dufty have to step up more. The errors from them every week is the rot not Barrett. We are now stable off the field the next step in on the fields it will take time. If we had a Cronk or Maloney or a Bromwich or Finucane over the last 5yrs we wouldn't in the position now. Players lead and teach, they build standards and demand those standards..Barrett only has words and no one for action .

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joey John’s just then on Ch9 spelt it out as though he was talking from the Kennell!

Can someone put up the footage?

He said:-
No strike from dummy half
Jackson ain’t no fucking link man
Fitness is f{}cked
Players confidence shot
Even a Novacastrian Druggo can see what's up.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Sure, the vast majority of the kennel is delusional.

Anyone that thinks Baz is doing OK need to re-evaluate.
I didn't say he was doing ok, I said if they think he doesn't know what needs to be done is delusional.. And yes the vast majority on here are. Remember Averillo was out next everyone, Lewis to lock was also noted. Flannagan our worst half ever than the best at the club . Bring back pay also. Where do I stop .

Reactions: ATT

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't say he was doing ok, I said if they think he doesn't know what needs to be done is delusional.. And yes the vast majority on here are. Remember Averillo was out next everyone, Lewis to lock was also noted. Flannagan our worst half ever than the best at the club . Bring back pay also. Where do I stop .
I see where you are coming from mate. But the continuation of Jackson as a ball playing lock has me doubting his ability. He can’t do anything about JMK, it’s clear he is not a top hooker. The club has identified that.

However to me the good coaches adapt their gameplan to the players they have. Baz wants us to play the Penrith style but their style is based around the premier ball playing lock in the nrl. It’s painful to watch Jacko in that role.

It’s not just people on here, it’s experts that say there are 2 options :

1. Change our style or
2. Change our lock

Do you agree with that ?

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBaz comes across as a nice guy, but like others I have grown tired of the soft talking and rebuilding comments. Players who aren't performing still in the same position week in week out. If he hasn't got the balls to drop or move players who aren't playing well (JMK, Jacko) then he must fall on his own sword. I was hoping he could turn it around, I guess we all wanted him to succeed. But sorry Baz your time has ended. I don't have a suggestion or an option for a new head coach, but we need someone who can motivate these players to give an 80 minute performance. There has been glimpses of some nice attack but we are lucky if we score 12 or 14 points a game. the defence has been great for the first half of most games then just fades away. enough is enough we have had so many years of excepting mediocre performances. Pressure is on Baz and rightful so. As dogs fans we just want to see the team have a go, to fight, to compete. Many players should hang their heads in shame. Baz clean out your locker son it is time to go

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from mate. But the continuation of Jackson as a ball playing lock has me doubting his ability. He can’t do anything about JMK, it’s clear he is not a top hooker. The club has identified that.

However to me the good coaches adapt their gameplan to the players they have. Baz wants us to play the Penrith style but their style is based around the premier ball playing lock in the nrl. It’s painful to watch Jacko in that role.

It’s not just people on here, it’s experts that say there are 2 options :

1. Change our style or
2. Change our lock

Do you agree with that ?
I agree with some what you saying. But I also think our team has neglected every level the club for so long. We are basically where the dolphins are with stronger brand name. We now have people in the write positions. Gus the ceo and chairman are making decisions based on the club. I’m not perfect I support the old Anderson board but can see I was wrong. But this rebuild will take years. And no great coaches make the full buying players even Melbourne use ponesey. We let Barrett do the purchases. Like we did Hasler. Now Gould has set up a panel. And this year can see the difference example King. No one on here seen him as our top three signing this year. But in my opinion is. So let’s leave the coach to Gould he knows what it takes in this area to be successful and look for improvement as hard as it is at this time

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Failed at Manly
Rode the coat tails of a already successful Penrith team as a “attack coach” (easy way out)
Failed with us.
Sorry Baz, bye
You write he wasn’t ready at Manly. But he didn’t do a lot the recruiting. Fulton did. And those players he bought are now going well for Des or other clubs. So trust Gus to do his job with the recruiting process. We I know it’s hard but got stop kicking the team while it’s down. We recruited some average choices at times and put them in our team with no changes to our players not up to it. We need a clean out. It’s happening. Players like King or Kiraz some here where calling for him to be playing for Berela yet now calling for them to be in the side. Let’s trust this long processes. I remember the good days. But there are some on here as soon as we loose creating havoc. Let’s try support the club and trust Gus etc to turn it around.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being honest, I think we were all desperate for something to turn this club around and he seemed to talk the talk.

I personally found the way he spoke about the game and his vision refreshing as it felt that his finger was definitely on the pulse of what to do. It really came across that way ... to me at least.

Last year I gave him a pass due to everything that was happening, however my expectations were set higher for this year. While I never expected us to make the top 8, I truly believed that with the new signings we'd make greater inroads and start finding form.

What is clear is that something isn't right. Sure, the players are a patch job but they need to be better than what they are. While we're still a number of top players away from where we want to be, they should be performing at a higher level which they're not.

I can't think of a single example that shows he's the right person to lead us forward? What has he shown that he'd be able to win us a premiership?
I agree. He did sound switched on but his qualities now seem more those of a decent 2IC than a leader. Players just aren't responding to him.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with some what you saying. But I also think our team has neglected every level the club for so long. We are basically where the dolphins are with stronger brand name. We now have people in the write positions. Gus the ceo and chairman are making decisions based on the club. I’m not perfect I support the old Anderson board but can see I was wrong. But this rebuild will take years. And no great coaches make the full buying players even Melbourne use ponesey. We let Barrett do the purchases. Like we did Hasler. Now Gould has set up a panel. And this year can see the difference example King. No one on here seen him as our top three signing this year. But in my opinion is. So let’s leave the coach to Gould he knows what it takes in this area to be successful and look for improvement as hard as it is at this time
I agree with all of that. And even if we were getting beat this year with a different style I would be still be backing Baz. I said earlier I thought our recruits have been playing ok. It’s our existing players that continue to suck.

But the fact he is persisting with Jackson as a ball playing lock is a HUGE mistake. Everyone can see that. He is embarrassing in that role

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you cannot defend the undefendable, barrett is undefendable, he has to go

astro_boy77

Waterboy
Reaction score
The truth is we all have no idea what goes on behind closed dorrs. Blaming the coach is such an easy excuse.
I have no idea just like everyone else if Barrett is a good coach or not. Our results aren't there but its been this way for a long time under 3 coaches now.
If do sack our 3rd coach in a row I'm sure we'll have coaches just lining up to be the next sitting duck. Who if they don't have instant success the fans will be calling for his head so we can just repeat the cycle all over again.
Gould and Hansen have both sung Barretts praises, we have signed some quality players under Barrett.
No more band-aid fixes we need to go through the pain and build the club back up from ground up.

As Chris Ballard GM of the Cols and a highly regarded NFL GM says about building a winning team:
“I think we all want instant coffee right now, but that’s not reality,”
“Reality is it takes time to build a team, it takes time to build a locker room,” Ballard continued. “And those guys have to grow together and come together. I don’t know any championship team that didn’t have a great locker room and grow together. It’s just hard to throw people into a locker room and expect a winner. It just doesn’t work that way.”

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The truth is we all have no idea what goes on behind closed dorrs. Blaming the coach is such an easy excuse.
I have no idea just like everyone else if Barrett is a good coach or not. Our results aren't there but its been this way for a long time under 3 coaches now.
If do sack our 3rd coach in a row I'm sure we'll have coaches just lining up to be the next sitting duck. Who if they don't have instant success the fans will be calling for his head so we can just repeat the cycle all over again.
Gould and Hansen have both sung Barretts praises, we have signed some quality players under Barrett.
No more band-aid fixes we need to go through the pain and build the club back up from ground up.

As Chris Ballard GM of the Cols and a highly regarded NFL GM says about building a winning team:
“I think we all want instant coffee right now, but that’s not reality,”
“Reality is it takes time to build a team, it takes time to build a locker room,” Ballard continued. “And those guys have to grow together and come together. I don’t know any championship team that didn’t have a great locker room and grow together. It’s just hard to throw people into a locker room and expect a winner. It just doesn’t work that way.”
Yeah nah…