Barrett Defenders

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
To the Barrett defenders, if you still exist. If Barrett is not the problem at this club then what is?

Why has not a single player improved under his watch, instead we are seeing careers ruined and the stand out players being those debuting who haven't suffered under the tutelage of his attacking structures.

How many more established players do we need to sign before Barrett is found out?

What win loss record does Barrett require to be sacked?

What KPIs are even set for him to determine his performance?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett could make the Australian rep team play shit. Under him Kikau and Mahoney will turn to shit just like every other player. Schoupp played better than he ever has and Kiraz played great because they never got the structured robot memo in time from Barrett. They played free like they're use to playing under a different coach. Barrett's obsession with structures are just killing all the natural skills of our players

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was another, charmed by the words and wanting to believe, however now reformed. It’s plain as day he’s got to go. Not a single player or element of our play has improved on his watch.
He (they) spoke of creating culture when he started and that is my biggest concern, we are now conditioned to lose. Players don’t support each other like a team on the re-build. There are so many signals that it is a broken club and a circuit breaker needed desperately. Big Gus now needed to earn his money ….

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good to see some who supported have accepted the reality of what is really our problem, nothing wrong with being either way provided you take the performance of the club and base your decision off that.

If Baz turned the club around I wouldn't be against him, saying that anyone still thinking he's right for the club isn't paying attention and denying the truth.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Barrett could make the Australian rep team play shit. Under him Kikau and Mahoney will turn to shit just like every other player. Schoupp played better than he ever has and Kiraz played great because they never got the structured robot memo in time from Barrett. They played free like they're use to playing under a different coach. Barrett's obsession with structures are just killing all the natural skills of our players
I see no structure whatsoever other than JJ in a Clayton's Yeo role.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I personally think its both the coach and the players
No doubt about it. The players are not playing their best or putting in.

Needs addressing one way or another.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Being honest, I think we were all desperate for something to turn this club around and he seemed to talk the talk.

I personally found the way he spoke about the game and his vision refreshing as it felt that his finger was definitely on the pulse of what to do. It really came across that way ... to me at least.

Last year I gave him a pass due to everything that was happening, however my expectations were set higher for this year. While I never expected us to make the top 8, I truly believed that with the new signings we'd make greater inroads and start finding form.

What is clear is that something isn't right. Sure, the players are a patch job but they need to be better than what they are. While we're still a number of top players away from where we want to be, they should be performing at a higher level which they're not.

I can't think of a single example that shows he's the right person to lead us forward? What has he shown that he'd be able to win us a premiership?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the modern day where mental health is under the spotlight, it's just no good prolonging the inevitable for anyone that is closely involved.

Reactions: 88

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was against moving on Barrett purely because there wasn’t really a standout candidate to replace him and I still think the playing roster has some glaring weaknesses .

BUT , I’ve had enough of these performances . It’s essentially the same as last year but with an improved squad .

Time for change !

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Being honest, I think we were all desperate for something to turn this club around and he seemed to talk the talk.

I personally found the way he spoke about the game and his vision refreshing as it felt that his finger was definitely on the pulse of what to do. It really came across that way ... to me at least.

Last year I gave him a pass due to everything that was happening, however my expectations were set higher for this year. While I never expected us to make the top 8, I truly believed that with the new signings we'd make greater inroads and start finding form.

What is clear is that something isn't right. Sure, the players are a patch job but they need to be better than what they are. While we're still a number of top players away from where we want to be, they should be performing at a higher level which they're not.

I can't think of a single example that shows he's the right person to lead us forward? What has he shown that he'd be able to win us a premiership?
I think this was my opinion of him this preaseason as well