Barret and Furner don’t see eye to eye

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not everyone agrees with everyone else these days but you still pass the ball to each other for the greater good.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be more disappointed if there wasnt friction between the two - whoever is in charge of defensive coaching needs to be re schooled or sacked

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
He’s right about one thing… we are disgraceful!!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Furner is the defensive coach
So Barrett has every reason to be pissed with him - he has failed in his job! Structures didnt change to accommodate rule changes, Thomson n Hetherington still just throw out their arms in the hope of grabbing someone, tacklers slow off the ground (no urgency) Meaney is still shit scared of anyone running at him, etc etc

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
barrett cannot coach, neither can Furner, get rid of them both
Hasler couldn’t coach , pay couldn’t coach , georgalis couldn’t coach , Barrett and furner can’t coach

When will you realise the players we have recruited , retained and developed during those years have been absolutely woeful

Let me make one point that I hope hits you right between the eyes . Mal Meninga can’t coach for for shit but is the most decorated and successful coach at representative level .. bwahahah

FMD , even Bellamy failed as a NSW coach , why ? cause the players he had were greatly inferior to the opposition

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did we even field the same team for two weeks in a row?
Still the coaching staff need to be sport psychologists and work together, is Furner here next year?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Drunkenfield is only stating the obvious, Gus has already come out and pin pointed that our problems are defensive structure and fitness...I can see at least Furner & Ferris gone.
As for S. Flanagan, during the commentary last week as he mentioned something about Canterbury he said we ........
Did he spill the beans ?
Hmm

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate I can’t see Flanagan working.
He undermined Mary at the Steelers and is only interested in being a Head Coach again. Plus he’d pressure for Kyle to be picked (assuming he remains at the club) and that’s not a good outcome for us. We need to lose Flanagans, not add more of them.
Agree, but I want Ennis on board to help and his premiership winning coach is that carrot. I think we missed the boat on John Morris, would have been a decent assistant.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about 2015 !!! Knights won 8 games and got the spoon
Yeah but the rules were closer to traditional than the garbage that is in place at the moment, and we didn't have a megalomaniac as head of the NRLol. Oh, and plus the referees couldn't manipulate the game to the same degree as they have now been allowed.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think Barrett is the answer as much as I would hate it I think Shane Flanagan has what it takes as a coach to win premierships