Barba, Kasiano, & Browne at the Bulldogs Team Store last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey guys

Was anyone lucky enough to get an autograph from the players last night at the Bulldogs Team Store? Took my nephew, waited two hours and got nothing... Then realised the palyers had just left! Lots of kids heartbroken. I think they could organise it better especially with high profile players showing up...

WOOF!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only been to one of these and it was pretty well run. There was a long queue, but the Teamstore folk running it made sure everyone got through at a decent rate - long enough to have a very quick chat with the players while they signed things, but not so long as to keep the people at the back of the queue waiting for hours on end.

Sorry to hear you missed out. How did you not see them up sticks and leave? Was there no announcement?

iDoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I've only been to one of these and it was pretty well run. There was a long queue, but the Teamstore folk running it made sure everyone got through at a decent rate - long enough to have a very quick chat with the players while they signed things, but not so long as to keep the people at the back of the queue waiting for hours on end.

Sorry to hear you missed out. How did you not see them up sticks and leave? Was there no announcement?
I've been before also and it was pretty good. But honestly we stood in the same spot for almost 1 hour without the line moving. Don't know what the heck was going on. Then the line started moving and we were getting closer. Mind you, this was 2 hours later. Then, all of a sudden the line was moving quick and then we realised the players had gone! No announcement, no one came up the line to tell anyone! The line was out the door and I felt sorry for the people outside... Don't know what happened but had one sad little Doggies supporter.

Also, they were selling heaps of Barba merch at the store. All the parents were buying tshirts for their kids, so excited... Oh well, maybe next time!

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Was planning on taking my boy but kinda knew having Barbs and Kas on the same night we would be waiting a long time

iDoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Was planning on taking my boy but kinda knew having Barbs and Kas on the same night we would be waiting a long time

Yeah you did good mate. Seriously, I've never seen anything like it. The line was literally out the door and it went around the corner and down the street! I think when they do these high profile player signings maybe they should say "first 100 supporters will get an autograph"... saves everyone waiting for nothing!

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Or instead have one of our superstars (crowd favourite) with 2 other players...

IE about 4 months ago it was Reynolds, Keating and Finucane, ran pretty smooth and the line wasn't out the door. But saying that, having Barba there would of drawn that crowd last night anyways

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understand your frustrations and disappointment, but its a shopping mall with a club outlet and they can't work miracles. The fact they put the signings on regularly at all is a credit to the club.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or instead have one of our superstars (crowd favourite) with 2 other players...

IE about 4 months ago it was Reynolds, Keating and Finucane, ran pretty smooth and the line wasn't out the door. But saying that, having Barba there would of drawn that crowd last night anyways
I think the one I went to was Graham, Goodwin and MacDougall. Clearly not quite the same appeal.

iDoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Understand your frustrations and disappointment, but its a shopping mall with a club outlet and they can't work miracles. The fact they put the signings on regularly at all is a credit to the club.

Yes true, and I understand. Just harder to explain it to the little ones!

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes true, and I understand. Just harder to explain it to the little ones!
I bet it was! I remember being told by my parents that we couldn't come back and have dinner the next night at the leagues club as well just because Steve Mortimer was going to be there!

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was going to go and get some stuff signed... but cbfd in the end.. glad i didn't if the line was that long! I run it SK at woolies most weeks anyway.

Last time i went to one it was mick ennis, ben hannant and heka nanai.. there were about 10 people there. got to have a great chat with them all for about 20 minutes.... hannant was talking about how he got bitten by a spider mowing the lawn wearing thongs.. derp.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't reckon they should have it for this very reason, too many people.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Do they do signings at the members day?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think of all the kids that did get to see them.

Can't please everyone.

P

Paint.

Only one I've ever gone to was Kimmorley, Warburton or Browne.

To this day, I treasure Warburton's autograph <3

Status
Not open for further replies.