Barba: I would have quit NRL for family

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Ben Barba says leaving Canterbury to join Brisbane was the hardest decision he's had to make and he would've walked away from the NRL if his ex-partner hadn't moved to another club's area.

Barba will link up with the Broncos at the start of next season after the club took over the terms of his existing deal with the Bulldogs and paid them compensation, believed to be around $300,000, to secure the 2012 Dally M Medallist.

The 24-year-old was granted a release due to family reasons as his ex-partner is moving back to Queensland with their two daughters and the superstar fullback says he would have moved anywhere in the country to be near his children.

"My ex-partner has a lot of family and friends there (in Brisbane) and luckily she moved there, it wasn't really my choice," Barba said.

"If she had moved to Perth I probably would be sitting out now and not playing rugby league I would have had to go and try out with the (AFL's) West Coast (Eagles)."

Barba said he's had nothing but support from his teammates who were fully behind his reasons for leaving the club.

"Most of them are fathers and it was pretty easy for them to understand," said Barba.

"They're glad that I am happy and the choice has been made.

"We're all grown men here and I said to the players when I first came back this year after my problems that if they had a problem with me to come and have a talk one on one so I could explain myself.

"But none of them have so I took that as they are all sweet."

Bulldogs coach Des Hasler said he was undecided on who he would consider to replace Barba next year.

The club have been linked with Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne and lost out on sacked Canberra star Josh Dugan to St George Illawarra.

Canberra bad boy Blake Ferguson is another player who the Bulldogs are believed to be interested in.

The Raiders star is currently at odds with his club, who have stopped his wages after he failed to turn up for training or answer phone calls.

When asked if he wanted to sign him, Hasler replied: "Have they found him yet?"

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love Des!

Very convenient for Barba that his ex moved to Brisbane and not MacKay, where she is from ...

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"My ex-partner has a lot of family and friends there (in Brisbane) and luckily she moved there, it wasn't really my choice," Barba said.

"If she had moved to Perth I probably would be sitting out now and not playing rugby league I would have had to go and try out with the (AFL's) West Coast (Eagles)."
I actually find this the most insulting thing he has said since the whole thing came out because it is just so obvious he is full of sh*t

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The worst thing about this is a million Barba ass lickers will lap this up and praise him more for being such an honourable family man.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
barba does put his family first

he puts his family out there to blame first

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an utter load of crap. Barba's PR man is earning his money. Gotta love des comment on fergo, classic des.

good doggie

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
"We're all grown men here"
The jury is still out on this in Barbas` case

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I sure as ****ing hell hope that was said in jest ...

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Dirt me up, Plenty PM space available ...

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell u what I am pretty over people insinuating they know everything about what happened to other people who also seem to know about what happened.
It's all a bit boys club ATM. Spill the beans or Stfu.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Ben Barba says leaving Canterbury to join Brisbane was the hardest decision he's had to make and he would've walked away from the NRL if his ex-partner hadn't moved to another club's area.

Barba will link up with the Broncos at the start of next season after the club took over the terms of his existing deal with the Bulldogs and paid them compensation, believed to be around $300,000, to secure the 2012 Dally M Medallist.

The 24-year-old was granted a release due to family reasons as his ex-partner is moving back to Queensland with their two daughters and the superstar fullback says he would have moved anywhere in the country to be near his children.

Barba said he's had nothing but support from his teammates who were fully behind his reasons for leaving the club.

"Most of them are fathers and it was pretty easy for them to understand," said Barba.

"They're glad that I am happy and the choice has been made.

"We're all grown men here and I said to the players when I first came back this year after my problems that if they had a problem with me to come and have a talk one on one so I could explain myself.

"But none of them have so I took that as they are all sweet."

Bulldogs coach Des Hasler said he was undecided on who he would consider to replace Barba next year.

The club have been linked with Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne and lost out on sacked Canberra star Josh Dugan to St George Illawarra.

Canberra bad boy Blake Ferguson is another player who the Bulldogs are believed to be interested in.

The Raiders star is currently at odds with his club, who have stopped his wages after he failed to turn up for training or answer phone calls.

I think they're glad you're getting the fk away from the club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder why he didnt make this statement when he gave that interview to Sterlo.... hmmmmm i wonder

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My ex-partner has a lot of family and friends there (in Brisbane) and luckily she moved there, it wasn't really my choice," Barba said.

"If she had moved to Perth I probably would be sitting out now and not playing rugby league I would have had to go and try out with the (AFL's) West Coast (Eagles)"
This little grub has already moved on from league.

With crap like this coming out of him a political party will have signed him as their gun speech writer.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what a load of bullshit, barba had that option at his choosing any time he wanted and never mentioned it, well why didn't he propose that to the club, instead of seeking a release to go to another club, my opinion barba has led the club and its fans on since march

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh he definitely puts his family first and then hides behind them with bull shiet excuses. Are u sure ainslie doesnt have family in perth coz perth is in qld also retard.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Castle & Des should have hooked him at the press conference one from each side!

Status
Not open for further replies.