Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the story there seriously?

I bolted to get to the bank at 9am this morning thinking they open at 9. Get to the door, and the staff are sitting on a round table laughing having some gay ass meeting. A lady comes to the door and is like "sorry, we open at 9.30am".

It's bad enough the hours are 9-4am for most banks. But this bank rubs it in even more by making sure you can't even be 15 minutes late to work by opening at 9.30am.

What's the point? Which person in this day and age can afford to go to a bank whilst working a full time job? Or should I just rock up on a sick day when I'm coughing my lungs out spreading my germs, or maybe delay my holidays an extra day for these poofs. We don't all have the luxury to go during our lunch breaks either without it affecting our own jobs.

Hours of operation need to change. Something like 11am-7pm would do wonders. Has this not ever been considered by these interest-draining pricks?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They just want your money bro

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the 9:30 thing was pretty common knowledge (still sucks though).

For my recently formed business I have decided to avoid the big players and bank with Bankwest. I know they are owned by the CBA, but here in Brisbane at least they are great. My local branch (Chermside) is open all weekend too.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the 9:30 thing was pretty common knowledge (still sucks though).

For my recently formed business I have decided to avoid the big players and bank with Bankwest. I know they are owned by the CBA, but here in Brisbane at least they are great. My local branch (Chermside) is open all weekend too.
Do they really have talking flowers in their offices? :p

When I was living overseas, banks used to open at 1pm and close at 9pm. Was the best thing ever. I'm curious as to what it would take to follow suit here

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No talking flowers. Maybe i'm not at that level yet. A downside of the smaller banks can be access to branches/atms. But Bankwest ATMs are now in every 7-11, plus i can use any CBA ATM. CBA are my personal bank, and yeah, the hours can be a pain, especially if a branch isn't really closeby and you have to make an actual trip to get there.

I understand traditionally legislation dictated bank trading hours. Not sure if that's still the case. Lack of any REAL competition hinders any progress in Oz.

N

Natboy

I've started using the machines to deposit all of my money. I was skeptical at first but they work great and save a line up. No doubt you needed to do something else but just saying
I love the commbank and with their customer service, loyalty based interest rates, app, locations etc they have my business for life

N

Natboy

Do the opening hours have something to do with staffing? I mean a lot of them would have to set up and close things down before and after their 7 hours on the desk so maybe they are too tight to pay extra staff if everyone is doing 40 hours a week but surely they can do staggered shifts and open at 8 & close at 5 or even 6 to accommodate workers who don't get long lunches

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've started using the machines to deposit all of my money. I was skeptical at first but they work great and save a line up. No doubt you needed to do something else but just saying
I love the commbank and with their customer service, loyalty based interest rates, app, locations etc they have my business for life
Do the opening hours have something to do with staffing? I mean a lot of them would have to set up and close things down before and after their 7 hours on the desk so maybe they are too tight to pay extra staff if everyone is doing 40 hours a week but surely they can do staggered shifts and open at 8 & close at 5 or even 6 to accommodate workers who don't get long lunches
Ey cuz I'm open 24/7 and able to take your cash in any form without a problem, I'll even invest it in something a Lebo like me would invest in. Wallah legit 200% return :grinning:

N

Natboy

Ey cuz I'm open 24/7 and able to take your cash in any form without a problem, I'll even invest it in something a Lebo like me would invest in. Wallah legit 200% return :grinning:
Haha its a shame Arab Bank is already copyrighted haha

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Many years ago I did some receivership work for Arab Bank. Some of its customers were interesting to say the least. My "favourite" was attempting to shut down a service station on Woodville Road. We were surrounded by about 20 angry lebs. Eventually our own bodyguards called in the riot squad. Ahh.... the memories.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am Lebo Bank though, much more dodgy and shifty thus more trustworthy haha

Many years ago I did some receivership work for Arab Bank. Some of its customers were interesting to say the least. My "favourite" was attempting to shut down a service station on Woodville Road. We were surrounded by about 20 angry lebs. Eventually our own bodyguards called in the riot squad. Ahh.... the memories.
I think I know the people who owned that petrol station lol

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
When you consider the rate of employment these days, people would work for whatever hourly rate and any hours possible. If it's a standard 8 hour job, then working outside 9-5 shouldn't require overtime payment.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL@the bank advertisement. I swear the internet is becoming way too scary.

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
Having worked for CBA previously i can tell you guys that the working hours for fulltime staff are 8.30-5

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
100% this is the problem. The big banks are really tight when it comes to staffing. A lot of bank staff these days are part timers and they are constantly getting their hours cut to the bare minimum that the bank needs the,. They have a workforce planning tool which basically works out based on branch activity how many staff members they need at every hour of the day

N

Natboy

100% this is the problem. The big banks are really tight when it comes to staffing. A lot of bank staff these days are part timers and they are constantly getting their hours cut to the bare minimum that the bank needs the,. They have a workforce planning tool which basically works out based on branch activity how many staff members they need at every hour of the day
Cool thanks. It's good to get one right once in a while :grinning:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So yee my bank is open and ready to take your money, hit me up when needed

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Having worked for CBA previously i can tell you guys that the working hours for fulltime staff are 8.30-5
I also worked in the CBA and Westpac. I was in the branches but was a Business Banker. I think most people would be staggered if they knew the number of customer service staff in big branches still working after 6.30pm and not getting paid for it due to the pressure they are put under.

Some of the big CBA branches open on a Saturday now. Are they ever going to change to suit people - probably not - you can switch banks but the one you go to has similar opening hours. They want people to transact on-line, phone banking and use ATM's because it costs less.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also worked for the CBA a few years back - There are a handful of branches that have a couple of extra hours of operation during the week they are usually the branches in Westfields - There are also branches open on the weekend - im pretty sure the main branch in Martin Place is open and there is also Parramatta,Bankstown,Hurstville,Miranda,China town.

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
I also worked in the CBA and Westpac. I was in the branches but was a Business Banker. I think most people would be staggered if they knew the number of customer service staff in big branches still working after 6.30pm and not getting paid for it due to the pressure they are put under.
THIS!!

Staff members could get stuck there for ridiculous unpaid hours at times!!

Status
Not open for further replies.