Ballina, Byron, Port Macquarie, Yamba - What to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I no longer do camping after getting bitten on chest by fire ants years ago.. fark me it was excruciating.

There are a couple of good waterfall walks near Armidale. Wollomombi falls and dangarsleigh falls. Dangarsleigh falls has a range of trails of varying length and difficulty. There's also a good walking trail at the blue hole where a hydroelectric station used to run. Ebor falls is also quite nice. Pretty close to Wollomombi falls is a trout hatchery you can visit. Never been there myself but if you check out the falls it's probably worth a trip there too. If you are interested the NERAM art gallery is also ok and th here used to be a good cafe there that's mate of mine managed, I don't know if its still open but my mate didn't run it these days. Armidale has some very decorative churches if you like that kind of thing as well I'm an Armidale local, if you want I'll head down to the visitor info centre and get a list of other activities since That's about all I can think of right now.

I think there is another interesting walk called the skywalk near Dorrigo too, buy don't quote me on that.
Armidale is just an overnight stay before we head through Waterfall Way for some bush walking. Ebor and Wollomombi Falls are on the list, as are Crystal Falls and Eagles Nest.

There is a Cantilever Skywalk at Dorrigo as I've done that and Dangar Falls walk before, as well as the walks from the Dorrigo Discovery Centre. But we didn't do the longer tracks as they were closed after the big floods a few years ago.

From one big thing to another, if you're going to Ballina, you must visit the Big Prawn.

Look I'll be honest, I've been up there, and there's not a hole lot. You can look out the window through the eyes of the prawn but that's about it. It's just an icon of the town itself.
It's now part of the Bunnings at West Ballina apparently!

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dude I lived in Yamba for 5 years.
Unless you surf,fish or like a trek (there's a 4 day trek from angourie to nears coffs. yuragir national park.) you probably won't enjoy it. Nice and peaceful beautiful scenery.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cheers mate...

We are ideally looking for somewhere we can just chill out and relax for a few days and forget about the rest of the world :grinning:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After spending time in most of those places I can say there is fuckall to do after about 4 hours
Drop into trial bay you should see some Whales very close to shore from the old goal

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Amen about it being bloody cold. Uralla also has the thunderbolt museum which is worth a look at. It's built in the building where the Uralla mill used to operate. It's got a pretty big variety of historical info, a nice collection of memorabilia like old tools, a couple of bits of sporting memorabilia and the basement has a nice collection of antique machinery.
Sounds like Belmore at the moment.....

Status
Not open for further replies.