Official Bailey Biondi-Odo re-signs with the Bulldogs for two years

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is exactly what happened early on with Lewis and Avo. Lewis was the dominant half so he (and the forwards) hogged the ball while Avo got the scraps. Now it's Avo's turn to hog the ball and leave BBO with the scraps. It's a frustrating to watch but this is the shit system we play with

We need to make sure Burton is first receiver next year because under our great system he'll get no quality ball
As soon as I saw our first trial I was worried, was clear to me that this was never going to work without a truly top tier halfback. Baz has made some minor tweaks to it but they haven't really helped because the core issues are still there, I really don't understand why he has persisted with it all season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t see anything Penrith like in our structure. It is a horrible structure we are playing .
It's literally a copy paste with some tweaks as the season went on. Halfback plays on the ball with the 5/8 and fullback playing short sides on either edge. Halfback dominates the play, a lot of drifting cross field with turning players under. 5/8 and fullback never linkup, etc.

Penrith have a far better players and established combinations so the chemistry is better, but as you can see with Cleary gone a lot of the play breaks down. Luai is a shadow of his former self right now and if it wasn't for some individual brilliance from Burton last week then the Panthers lose that game. Without a truly great halfback it just doesn't work.

We are literally Penrith without quality players and it's absolute stupid. You don't try and play cute when you don't have the players suited to the roles. It is not going to work.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was starved of the ball but looked threatening whenever he had it ,hed go well next to burton

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was starved of the ball but looked threatening whenever he had it ,hed go well next to burton
Got to agree, still think this bloke is our best bet next to Burton. Tough and skillful, just needs a 9 that will throw him the ball and should really shine when surrounded by less plodders. Some good early signs.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what did people make of his defence today? Their first two tries was Curran running at him

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
what did people make of his defence today? Their first two tries was Curran running at him
It was shit defence - it is what happens with small halves defending on the edge attacks can isolate them and even with a good legs tackle tries are scored. He didnt get much help from those around him. BBo defendd much better in the second half - i still think he is better suited to dummy half hos running strength is the first 10 or 15 metres which is the issue for middle forwards

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it’s obvious he’s just trying to force the players into using the Penrith attacking structures instead of designing something around the strengths of the players he’s has in the roster.
I agree totally!
Funny/sad to think how one of those meetings would go with Baz & co sitting around trying to design a system based on our teams strengths & roster......be a bloody short meeting :tearsofjoy:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it’s obvious he’s just trying to force the players into using the Penrith attacking structures instead of designing something around the strengths of the players he’s has in the roster.
There are players in our roster with "strengths", FMD they must be very weak strengths.

Always a Bulldog