Bailey Biondi Odo at 7 in reserve grade ... BUT, next in line for the FG role.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awesome,good to have a decent alternative should Flanno get injured

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And another issue is match fitness. BBO was buggered after 10 minutes vs Brisbane. You can't improve that playing 15 minutes a week.bWe should be looking at Cook for a few weeks at 14 incase JMK gets injured.
Yh he was struggling hard, hopefully he gets a decent spell of games under his belt. Personally i think Wakeham would make the best hooker at the club anyway so i don't think we need to rush BBO back anytime soon.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The club is doing some of these kids a disservice. Barrett played BBO at 9, if we’re being honest he’s really not a very good one. If he’s seen as a 7 give him the rest of the season in lower grades to see what happens. He’s just not ready for first grade.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really wish and hope to see a lineup once everyone is healthy of all veterans with a mix of youngins:
1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Burns
4. Allan
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Vaughan
9. JMK
10. Thommo
11. RFM
12. TPJ
13. King
14. Wakeham
15. Seumanuafagi
16. Jackson
17. Waddell
NSW cup
1. Toia
2. Kiraz
3. Schoupp
4. Casey
5. Lumelume
6. Averillo
7. BBO
8. Tanner
9. Cook
10. Tsikiras
11. Topine
12. Stuckey
13. Topine
14. ZDC
15. Tuifua
16. ….
17. …..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just don't do your ACL and ruin the Leeds deal.
Leeds deal is a smokescreen. Gus has already been in talks with me and the old man about inking a new 4 year extension after Baz gets the flick following round 8.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
In last week's commentary (Channel 9 V Melbourne), there was some chat about BBO and Barrett having huge raps on him and talking him up as a real prospect.
I feel we will see Averillo stay in the centres, Wakeham remains at 14, but in the next few weeks BBO transitions to 7 and Kyle Flanagan put out to pasture, and that ladies and gentlemen will result in a much better Bulldogs outfit.
Fingers crossed.
Its a guess at this time. Odo hasnt shown me why id want him at half yet. Good bench utility maybe. Seems like a 14 to me. Maybe a running 6. But we arent after 6s right now

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There won't be a better Bulldogs outfit, at least not this season. BBO should be spending most weeks in reserve grade anyway, can't believe we kept him on the bench for a month playing junk minutes.
The kid has talent and it’s being wasted on the bench as a utility. He should be playing 80 minutes in the position he is being developed for in reggies.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a video posted on Reddit called 'Nicho Hynes Lowlights' or something similar a couple of years ago, I think it got deleted. If you saw that you would be convinced he was dogshit and had zero future in the NRL... it was just awful. But a great system and superstar coach polished him to what we have now just 2-3 years later. This is our problem I have no doubt Bellamy could turn any one of our fringe first grade halves into great halves. I bet he could have turned Cogger into a champion 7. If I was a young playmaker I would flee this team like Meany did no matter what the pay.
He couldn't turn Croft or the Johns kid into anything. The latter still could make something of himself, but he's been in Melbourne for a year or 2 already. Billy Walters is another he did nothing for. Smith and Meaney are just as they were at Belmore tbh. Bellamy trains the work ethic and attitude but this super power he supposedly has, to turn rocks into diamonds is overstated. They have a nucleus of very good players, that are good enough to do most of the work towards a win. Munster, Hughes, Grant, Paps and B.Smith and Bromwich x 2 and NAS are that nucleus.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The kid has talent and it’s being wasted on the bench as a utility. He should be playing 80 minutes in the position he is being developed for in reggies.
After hes done it in reggies for longer. A problem we have had in recent years is throwing players into the side before they were properly developed. Ppl want to keep doing that? It only fucks their confidence and development when they struggle with the step up so fast. Averillo is in danger of that now too.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give BBO 6 or 7 games at halfback in reserves and see how he goes. He’s hardly played halfback in 3 years and needs time to develop his game.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBO is next inline for a two game stint wearing the number 7 in first grade, everyone knows that. JMK will get a turn after that, and 10 games into the season it will be decided that as Avo was the only halfback to win a game, he gets first go at being halfback again when we give all the contenders another 2 games in the shirt.
Groundog Day!