Opinion Bad times will make the good times sweeter

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s easy to tune out at the moment, but remember sport is all about the highs and lows and almost every sporting organisation will go through a period of hardship and it sucks because no one wants to be patient, but when the club is going through very tough periods, we must also go through it as we must support them through both the highs and lows…. Yes we can be furious and critical but when things eventually turns around we will look back at these tough times and it will make it even sweeter knowing what we had to go through to get to where we need to be.

As weird as it is to say, what we are going through right now is what sport and life is all about, we are just not used to it because we have never gone through this for such a long period, but things will turn, they always do… hopefully as long as we have the right people in place going forward.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean "no one wants to be patient" it's been FIVE years going onto SIX since we were a competitive club let alone challenging consistently for premierships. These words don't mean anything anymore. We want results. We've been patient enough FFS

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean "no one wants to be patient" it's been FIVE years going onto SIX since we were a competitive club let alone challenging consistently for premierships. These words don't mean anything anymore. We want results. We've been patient enough FFS
I said no one wants to be patient as in no one likes that, its not ideal, i wasnt saying we havent been patient

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you expect year in year out consistency for 30 years you Muppet?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you expect year in year out consistency for 30 years you Muppet?
Ask the Storm fans the same question and see what they have to say. SO to answer your question I do expect "consistency" you fucking trailer park trash ****. Go and look up the word consistency before you come to question me. I didn't say I want the Bulldogs winning the title every season, I said I expect conisstency.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%,we have become a joke,even the commentators are having a go at us,for the lack of vision,that our team have put forward the last few years,we are now finding out assistants don’t always make good coaches.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The good times will be VERY SWEET, but it’s been a long wait. And never have I ever seen my beloved Doggies sink so low, the guys wearing this great jersey are making a mockery of this great club...

now next year when we have the fox in the blue and white we will see passion, and excitement.. someone who wants to play for us and do well, and all the other new recruits will need to follow suit..!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Six years is way too long for our club. Hope it doesn't go 10 years.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It’s easy to tune out at the moment, but remember sport is all about the highs and lows and almost every sporting organisation will go through a period of hardship and it sucks because no one wants to be patient, but when the club is going through very tough periods, we must also go through it as we must support them through both the highs and lows…. Yes we can be furious and critical but when things eventually turns around we will look back at these tough times and it will make it even sweeter knowing what we had to go through to get to where we need to be.

As weird as it is to say, what we are going through right now is what sport and life is all about, we are just not used to it because we have never gone through this for such a long period, but things will turn, they always do… hopefully as long as we have the right people in place going forward.
I guess at least we are not at The Browns level yet..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The good times will be VERY SWEET, but it’s been a long wait. And never have I ever seen my beloved Doggies sink so low, the guys wearing this great jersey are making a mockery of this great club...

now next year when we have the fox in the blue and white we will see passion, and excitement.. someone who wants to play for us and do well, and all the other new recruits will need to follow suit..!!!
I miss being hated now just pity.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for me, it is not that we are playing poorly, have the worst squad in the comp and have not played finals in 5 years

it is the lack of good direction from the club... previously when we had bad years (eg. 2000, 2008), you believed the club would correct things quickly... and we did

but I truly doubt the club can turn things around... nothing seems to be done right by us anymore

under Hasler, we played in 2 GFs, won a minor premiership, and played finals every year under Hasler except one... but it was noticeable just how few juniors were coming through the grades for us... the standard of our play visibly deteriorated until we became the worst attacking team in the comp with even rivals openly stating that they preferred playing us because we offered nothing in attack... we let a lot of good players walk out the door that should have formed the cornerstone of our FG team for years (Finucane, Cook, Taupau, Rona)... we recruited poorly (Lichaa, T-Rex, Woods, Foran)... we warped our salary cap with poorly thought out back-ended contracts (eg. Eastwood) that ruined our competitiveness for years... by the end of 2017, we were a shambles

I have a lot of sympathy for Pay because he took over a team experienced coaches (eg. Maguire) wanted no bar of... the cap was wrecked, there were no outstanding juniors coming through, Klemmer wanted out, he had to move on big money flops like Mbye and Woods etc... so, Pay played a conservative brand of football and tried to unearth gems that played junior reps but were behind established stars in FG (eg. Meaney behind Ponga, Cogger behind Pearce)... but he was also at the wheel when we meekly let Klemmer walk out the door and signed Napa on big money to replace him... he signed off on bringing across DWZ on big money... I cannot think of good juniors brought through and developed during Pay's time... when it was clear the club was recruiting for a new coach, Pay walked

and now we have Barrett and are playing and competing worse than ever before... his recruitment has been hit and miss thus far... our conditioning does not appear great... our players are regressing and that is on Barrett

it took a decade of mismanagement for us to become this bad and people have been calling this out for years now and somehow, WE KEEP GETTING WORSE!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Unless you lived through the period between 1942 and 1980 I think this is a pretty dark time. As a successful club we didn't go through these times in the modern era and other successful clubs might go through a rough year here and there but not a period like we have. We're far from being the powerhouse we once were and who knows if we'll ever get there again.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that the year we had up to 90 points put on us in games? :laughing: i shouldn't laugh because with 4 point tries that would be 120+ doesn't bear thinking about.
from memory, we lost 91-6 vs the Dragons and 87-7 vs the Roosters that year

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless you lived through the period between 1942 and 1980 I think this is a pretty dark time. As a successful club we didn't go through these times in the modern era and other successful clubs might go through a rough year here and there but not a period like we have. We're far from being the powerhouse we once were and who knows if we'll ever get there again.
Man united have been going through it for the last 7 years it happens to the best of clubs

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Someone’s changed up your medication.

What’s happened to all the fire and brimstone?