Backline next week

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With JAC, Kiraz, and possibly Averillo out, who do we actually have for the backline next week? Surely after today, Ciraldo will see that Okunbor can’t be on the wing. Assuming Burns is still injured, the only backs in our top 30 that I can think of are Perham, Skelton, Casey and Alamoti, Hoffman?

Basically we’re fucked.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With JAC, Kiraz, and possibly Averillo out, who do we actually have for the backline next week? Surely after today, Ciraldo will see that Okunbor can’t be on the wing. Assuming Burns is still injured, the only backs in our top 30 that I can think of are Perham, Skelton, Casey and Alamoti, Hoffman?

Basically we’re fucked.
Were not fucked... Hopefully Averillo gets the flick for week and we get the resere boys to put on a show for us.

Skelton and Casey are 10 times better than Averillo and Okunbor.

Hopefully get an exemtpion for Wilson who can do a job outside Alamoti.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Moving Alamoti from centre is what has led to the points getting piled on.

Topine is out of depth at centre. In my ideal team for 2024 Averillo is on the bench to cover every position in the backline and become our version of the Rooters Mitch Aubusson going forward.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put the whole nsw cup backline on next week except for alomati and Burton, at least they have played together all year

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Were not fucked... Hopefully Averillo gets the flick for week and we get the resere boys to put on a show for us.

Bro was it yourself who said in preseason that Avo was limping a lot at training and continually getting treatment after each hard session?

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have never rated Averillo as centre, his better position is fullback so he won't be much of a loss.

Kiraz is a huge loss but not the end of the world if Burns comes in. I think Skelton deserves a run next week.

Another loss is incoming against the in form Morrison Sharks next week. Good opportunity to build some new combinations.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

10 times better LOL. Spend all this time at training and your still so far off the mark :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's clear we need some backline depth. We shouldn't have to strap guys up especially knees and risk them so early in the season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro was it yourself who said in preseason that Avo was limping a lot at training and continually getting treatment after each hard session?
Every session... even last years pre seasons under Barrett.

I even got some stretches and exercises for myself from the physio treating him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That run from Skelton is a must have in f/g. We simply need the enthusiasm and lift a run like that gives a team. We have absolutely minimal impact, surging power plays and the team must have these kinds of runs from players.

Very disappointed in Ciro's ability to game manage his coaching decisions up to this point.

Last edited: