Backline 1-5, 2022.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With 2022 approaching and the deals done who slots in where in the backline and why?

The biggest question is who do you play in the centres next to wingers, Cotric and JAC?

Would love to play Naden and the Foxx together for attacking purposes though that might be defensively very weak....

And can imagine Cotric and Schoupp being strong in both D and attack...

Do you split them up strength and speed?

All i know is its good to know all 4 can pick an intercept pass. :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric

Schoupp already playing on the left. Cotric played right wing this year. I'd just slot the others in to start with. If we want a strong attacking left edge you'd put Naden at left centre.

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric

Schoupp already playing on the left. Cotric played right wing this year. I'd just slot the others in to start with. If we want a strong attacking left edge you'd put Naden at left centre.
I second this 1-5. Bit of a no brainer I feel at this point.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Potentially any combination of this, any other option is just depth.

1. Dufty/JAC/Averillo
2/5. JAC/Cotric/Naden
3/4. Naden/Schoupp/Averillo/Alamoti

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric

Makes sense though you don't think Schoupp will completely starve the Foxx of the ball? Will be nice if the kid can develop an offload...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Potentially any combination of this, any other option is just depth.

1. Dufty/JAC/Averillo
2/5. JAC/Cotric/Naden
3/4. Naden/Schoupp/Averillo/Alamoti
But who do you play inside the wingers?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dufty def takes the 1, jac def takes the 2!! The rest shall fall where they may. Either way it’s shaping up for the most exciting season in a long time for us doggie supporters. That much is true..!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Makes sense though you don't think Schoupp will completely starve the Foxx of the ball? Will be nice if the kid can develop an offload...
If I was to compare Schoupp to another player in the NRL or who I think he should potentially play like it'd be Olam who currently partners JAC at the Storm. I think it'd be fine. Schoupp still has some developing to do but JAC's the best player to be alongside for that.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Dufty
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Cotric
5 Averillo

Schoupp hasn't shown enough to warrant a start in 2022 at this stage. Defensively he's pretty bad also. Are we seriously going to pay 650K (more than the world's best winger JAC) to Cotric to play wing ? Yes he wasn't a real success at centre yet but either was Schoupp. He needs to be given another chance in our improved team next year. Him and Naden in the centres gives us more strike. Many want Averillo to play fullback for some reason but he doesn't have a passing game, and can't organise the defensive line. Remember the acrobatic try he scored last year near the corner post ? The NRL thought it was so good they used it to star in their marketing campaign. Averillo isn't a creator. He's a finisher. He's a WINGER. His strong point is his speed, step and acrobatics. We can make good use of all those qualities on the wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1 Dufty
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Cotric
5 Averillo

Schoupp hasn't shown enough to warrant a start in 2022 at this stage. Defensively he's pretty bad also. Are we seriously going to pay 650K (more than the world's best winger JAC) to Cotric to play wing ? Yes he wasn't a real success at centre yet but either was Schoupp. He need to be given another chance in our improved team next year. Him and Naden in the centres gives us more strike. Many want Averillo to play fullback for some reason but he doesn't have a passing game, and can't organise the defensive line. Remember the acrobatic try he scored last year near the corner post ? The NRL thought it was so good they used it to star in their marketing campaign. Averillo isn't a creator. He's a finisher. He's a WINGER. His strong point is his speed, step and acrobatics. We can make good use of all those qualities on the wing.
Cotric isn't a centre, doesn't matter how much were paying him.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 Dufty
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Cotric
5 Averillo

Schoupp hasn't shown enough to warrant a start in 2022 at this stage. Defensively he's pretty bad also. Are we seriously going to pay 650K (more than the world's best winger JAC) to Cotric to play wing ? Yes he wasn't a real success at centre yet but either was Schoupp. He needs to be given another chance in our improved team next year. Him and Naden in the centres gives us more strike. Many want Averillo to play fullback for some reason but he doesn't have a passing game, and can't organise the defensive line. Remember the acrobatic try he scored last year near the corner post ? The NRL thought it was so good they used it to star in their marketing campaign. Averillo isn't a creator. He's a finisher. He's a WINGER. His strong point is his speed, step and acrobatics. We can make good use of all those qualities on the wing.
Nah. Avo nowhere near the wing for me sorry.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So help us if we are 0 from 5 in 2022
Sacking will be happening