News Bachelorette to Belmore: High-profile pub barons pour millions into Bulldogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All is good, dogs will be back
Precisely what I’ve said all along. We just had to work our way through the process. I personally couldn’t care who’s on the board, who coaches, or much else provided all aspects of the club are being continually looked after to keep us in the best shape possible - winning/competitive, attractive to members and sponsors and ultimately making money - at the end of the day it’s a business let’s not kid ourselves. This sponsorship is a great start and hopefully evolves into a partnership helping all aspects of the club prosper. I’m looking forward to a much brighter future :-).

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Ok I'm happy with Baz n sponsor and everything in between, correct me if I'm wrong though but isn't the sponsor direct competition to the league's club. Is this a power play to move away from the league's club by the board or am I reading to much into this.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ok I'm happy with Baz n sponsor and everything in between, correct me if I'm wrong though but isn't the sponsor direct competition to the league's club. Is this a power play to move away from the league's club by the board or am I reading to much into this.
I agree and pointed out something similar yesterday. I don’t think completely isolating the footy and leagues clubs from each other is a good idea but I don’t see that as the intention either. This reduces the reliance of the footy club on the leagues club (a requirement) but also has the potential to take it to a new level because this is the first major sponsor of the footy club I can recall that actually competes with the leagues club. If both businesses can prosper and stop the powerbroking and factions so everyone is rowing in the same direction at the same time then that can only be a good thing.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Precisely what I’ve said all along. We just had to work our way through the process. I personally couldn’t care who’s on the board, who coaches, or much else provided all aspects of the club are being continually looked after to keep us in the best shape possible - winning/competitive, attractive to members and sponsors and ultimately making money - at the end of the day it’s a business let’s not kid ourselves. This sponsorship is a great start and hopefully evolves into a partnership helping all aspects of the club prosper. I’m looking forward to a much brighter future :-).
I’m personally putting these last 3 disastrous years behind me and just looking forward to watching a competitive team come 2021 with improvement throughout the season.
In time being a regular top 4 team and eventually having a tilt at the premiership which has long eluded us.
Like you I’m not too interested in all our back office dealings and politics behind the scenes.
No need for constant news or updates.
Just bring back the Bulldogs of old,a team that actually won games & opponents would fear.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares it’s money into the club as long as they let the logo be printed in blue on the jerseys I’d be happy

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, this isn't the site to visit if you want a positive experience mostly
The Kennel is a weird fucking place sometimes :grinning:

You read the title to this thread and you've got to be happy. We're bottom of the table. Playing absolutely shit football. Our coach has just walked away and we've got an interim for the rest of the year. One of our best players has just pissed off to another club. We're still very much recovering from the 'school girl' scandal.

Yet, somehow, the club has managed to pull off a pretty big coup by getting a major sponsor. And not just any sponsor, but a group / family that really can help us grow in the future. Huge deal this. Potentially even bigger than any of us can imagine.

Now. Me being a supporter I'm like "Fuck yeah. The club is moving in the right direction. Finally something to smile about." Especially after the weekly and sometimes daily shit news we've been getting all year.

But, reading this thread is ... ??? I don't even know how to explain it. Fucked up?

So much negativity. Anger. Disappointment. Why?

Why can't I be happy without having an agenda? Why can't people simply see it as a positive thing, which is is, rather than trying to twist things to suit their beliefs in the past.

Shit. It's fucking weird. Outright weird.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great news. I just wonder what goes on the jersey? Might be less beneficial to the Laundy's to have the Laundy Group on their as a lot of people don't know their pubs. Wonder if putting different pubs on the jerseys every time we play would be an option. Twin Willows one week, Tea Gardens the next?

Last edited:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought this would be announced today. We were doing well last week and weren’t too far behind the media announcing the signings but this pause is the bulldogs of old. The club has more leaks then a sinking ship