Baa on Dean Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If Pay is indeed still an Eel and follows their culture, then by right we should be in the top 4 next year lol.
no we would get in the top 4 again in 2026 and have 5 wooden spoons before then

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Are you sure it was that or that he didn't agree with the Super League concept & how they went about things? There is a big difference.
i think he was just offered a whole lot of money to get out of his bulldogs contract and he accepted, ill say its 93% as bad as sonny bill

btw parramatta is the arch rival

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does it say I can't access it cause the Bulldogs blocked me on twitter for asking them when are they going to do a grubber kick.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
What does it say I can't access it cause the Bulldogs blocked me on twitter for asking them when are they going to do a grubber kick.
Just log out of Twitter and click the link. It is a public post.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the SL war the ARL together with the high profile media personalities mainly Gould and Hadley campaigned vigorously against SL and the clubs who defected to SL. John Ribot who was the spokeman for SL was either to week or to stupid to counter any of the arguments peddled by the ARL, as a result it affected our club more than any of the other SL clubs and I believe that it still does today.
As a result of the propaganda the ARL made News LTD and the SL clubs look like crims, the young are easily swayed by propaganda and on top of all that Parra offered a lot more money than the SL cap allowed the bulldogs to pay the four. SL eventually won the case on appeal, and in 1997 there were two comps, however the two groups joined forces just prior to the 1998 season to form the NRL.
We should not hold a gripe against Pay for defecting, and hopefully he does not hold a gripe against us after all he went for more money also prior to SL the players were paid pittance and all the players since then benefited as a result, players today might still be on not much more than pittance if it wasn't for SL.
With Hasler I always thought that he was a true professional and I was very glad when he signed with us. However during and towards the end of his tenure I felt that the anti Bulldog propaganda which had started during the SL war may have had an effect on him, I very confident that for Pay the SL war is just a memory.

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some people on here can't be fucken pleased and would whinge and sook no matter who was appointed.
Yes he went to parra but he is more bulldog then Hasler, mcquire or any other alternative they had.
Some of you pissed and moaned about our culture on this forum for past couple years and now they appointing ex dogs players yas are still fucking whinging. Fuck off to anyone that ain't gonna be positive about the changes and next season FFS

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Some people on here can't be fucken pleased and would whinge and sook no matter who was appointed.
Yes he went to parra but he is more bulldog then Hasler, mcquire or any other alternative they had.
Some of you pissed and moaned about our culture on this forum for past couple years and now they appointing ex dogs players yas are still fucking whinging. Fuck off to anyone that ain't gonna be positive about the changes and next season FFS
actually i should be immune from criticism in this situation because im probably the most consistently pissed off about the shift away from bulldogs culture right from the start including getting rid of folkes, bringing in a clean cut nice sponsor friendly playing group and then hiring hasler in desperation giving him total control

for example i created a video on youtube and titled it specifically as a protest that we had moved on from our previous culture, this was back in 2010 when everybody on the kennel was sucking greenbergs dick for 'turning the club around', so im not the one who wants us to return to the bulldogs culture, im the one who never wanted us to leave that culture in the first place and had a running battle with pretty much everyone else on here who preferred something else

fast forward now to 2017 and im glad that they want to restore what we were but i think its also totally disrespectful that they think they can do it

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think he was just offered a whole lot of money to get out of his bulldogs contract and he accepted, ill say its 93% as bad as sonny bill

btw parramatta is the arch rival
I definitely would NOT compare him (or Pay, or McCracken, of Dallas) to SOB Williams. With Super League they were all put in a room & told to sign a contract now or the offer would be withdrawn ie a one chance offer. That sort of pressure to sign a contract would not hold up in court anyway (as was proven) as they did not have the opportunity to seek independent legal or financial advice. They were then offered a chance with the NRL & decided to take it. By signing the Super League contracts, the NRL contracts were null & void. SOB just took off in the middle of the night because other players had had their contracts upgraded (I think they were forward loaded & didn't get any extra, just changed the payment arrangements) & SOB didn't like it even though he had signed a contract for 5 years. The big 4 had every right to get out of the contract whereas SOB had none.

Because of what happened with the contract, players now sign a contract with the NRL as well as the Club rather than just with the Club, so teams could not take their players & join another competition.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Whether he went to Eels or not, hes a shitload more bulldog than Des Hasler. He did win a premiership with us. Im happy with the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.