B Moz to undergo more surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

That's ok. The real season starts in September.
We've just got to make the top 4

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we need to go with Abbey and hope that he he steps up and doesnt get his confidence crushed.

Perrett or Hoppa is probably inevitable, but I think we could use a play maker like Abbey more than a safer option in those 2. Our spine does not look good on paper at all now.
Alternately, Abbey @ Wing in Defence, Fullback in attack (like Mini / RTS did)

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well there goes a top 8 finish...... Hoppa's a dud at fullback and Perret can't catch..... We look like having the slowest backline in the NRL yet again

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We get rid of a player with knee injuries and end up with another one. Fullback has taken too much of a toll on him, he needs to go back to the wing and Hoppa or Abbey need to be the long term fullback now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Alternately, Abbey @ Wing in Defence, Fullback in attack (like Mini / RTS did)
Defensively Abbey goes fine off the ball, he knows how to read the attack and organise the defence, something we lacked at fullback last year imo. Physically he will struggle to an extent but owel. I don't see any real benefit with playing him on the wing when he has never played that position, if anything he will get caught out more often than at the back.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Defensively Abbey goes fine off the ball, he knows how to read the attack and organise the defence, something we lacked at fullback last year imo. Physically he will struggle to an extent but owel. I don't see any real benefit with playing him on the wing when he has never played that position, if anything he will get caught out more often than at the back.
no doubt, I am just worried he is going to get shown up in defence more often than not,, I hope I am wrong

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If you work Bmoz's contract out on a per game rate over last year and this year I think he'd be one of the highest paid players in the comp, what did he play last year about 14 games? And this year he could play as few as 8 games!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Give Abbey a Run.
What Phillips like at the back?
If Perrett is to play leave him on the wing. Like the bloke, but just not what we need.
Is the team announced today?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Abbey or Hoppa would be fine anyone but Perrett. Hopefully with all this talk about Hoppa playing fullback it could mean Abbey is going to play.
If Perrett is fullback you can right off the season right now as far as I'm concerned.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Can't wait till the end of season to hear what dribble raelene comes up with.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well now I do believe that he is our rock star fullback...... It reminds me a lot of Billy Idol in the NRL grand final or maybe even Meatloaf at the AFL grand final lol

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa was rubbish at Fullback for Parra, and IMO Perrett has crap field positioning at FB in both attack and defence.

If they do use Hoppa I hope he has found his Mojo..

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
Better to have a fully fit player in rather than one that's 70%. My tip is Hoppa to fb and Stanley to centre. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Abbey at fullback.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Even once the team list is announced its never guaranteed.. Des and his mind games.

Didnt he say two weeks go Borris was certain for round 1? The guy takes the piss out of everyone..

He knew Brett wouldnt be playing for awhile and I am sure the team has been training for this anyways. We should be good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
no doubt, I am just worried he is going to get shown up in defence more often than not,, I hope I am wrong
Either way he will be a target being a rookie.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Just quietly I don't think he will be back to the old Morris - will finish up here and end up in England

We can thank SOO for this

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hoppa was rubbish at Fullback for Parra, and IMO Perrett has crap field positioning at FB in both attack and defence.

If they do use Hoppa I hope he has found his Mojo..
Forget everything Hoppa did at parra, that is what helped me cope with his signing lol.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
feel like bmoz is going to be pushed back all seaosn. brought abbey for a reason so just chuck him in as there is no other real option and just hope he can withstand the physicality

Status
Not open for further replies.