Averillo

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is a complicated discussion, appears to have potential, but from what I’ve seen, he’s only got a show and go.. his kicking game is poor and he’s not someone that’s going to give you 2-3 try assists in a game… at fullback, you need to ball play and be there in support when someone pokes through, he just doesn’t do that, plus we now added Dufty who can do those things.

Maybe best suited as a centre, but with Naden, Schoupp and Alamoti there, his future is not clear. Needs to have a blinder in the halves to convince TB that’s his spot.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Benchy N#14 for his versatility till he gets 70 + games under his belt and improves on his weaknesses.

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think we're seeing with Averillo what we're seeing with most of the young halves in the comp; inconsistency and a lack of confidence at times. And, add to that he's playing in the weakest team in the comp. I think he's improved this year and will be better for the experience physically and mentally next year. I'd like to see him partnered with Burton in the halves next year.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jakes problem at the moment,he drifts in and out of games too much for my liking,he doesn’t involve himself enough,and with dufty coming on board,will probably start of the bench next year,until he gets a little more consistent.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The curious case of Averillo, what is his best position? I know he is young and has loads of potential. Where do you play him in 2022?
Hard to say. Has a great running game but that’s about it. He needs a lot more work to become a halfback. I’ve never seen him run to the line and put another player through a gap, take control and manage a game, repeat sets etc. The positive thing is he is still young so let’s see if he can develop more skills.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe the hype... Thing is Kids a quick thinking mover, not a planner/thinker. He has plenty of growth to come though may need to wait 2 years until he becomes an astute asset.

That play to jump on the lose ball ahead of two roosters where I thought he died proves he is willing to put body on the line so hopefully FB isnt a stretch for him.
I also loved the desperation he showed jumping on the loose ball, not enough from our players for a long time!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think full back for this season then next season bench spot impact player
Surprised TB hasn’t tried him at 1 but perhaps he’s convinced in making it work for Avo in the halves. Burton will shoulder the play making and kicking so maybe Avo just needs to run.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was starting to put some good games together in the halves but since the Saints game he's regressed a lot. Maybe he's hit the rookie wall this season and the responsibility in the halves is wearing him down?

I'm still hopeful that when Burton arrives he'll be a much improved player that can focus on his running game.

He's not an option at fullback now with Dufty arriving. BBO looks like the perfect bench utility for next season so Averillo can't play there. Hopefully he can finish off the season strong in the halves.
Good games yes. But not good games for a half back. Outside of making a line break once a month he offers very little . No game sense, no communication, not a ball player and his kicking game is the same bomb to the same corner.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The curious case of Averillo, what is his best position? I know he is young and has loads of potential. Where do you play him in 2022?
Here's my assumption...
Fullback we all know he needs to fix his defence, but can he read the defence ?
Halfback / Five-eight he has the speed but does he have the organizing skills ?
Hooker can he learn how to tackle and handle tackling in the middle ?
What matters is how does TBaz want to use him...will he become the SUPER-SUB ???

Reactions: ATT

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Here's my assumption...
Fullback we all know he needs to fix his defence, but can he read the defence ?
Halfback / Five-eight he has the speed but does he have the organizing skills ?
Hooker can he learn how to tackle and handle tackling in the middle ?
What matters is how does TBaz want to use him...will he become the SUPER-SUB ???
Our Craig Wing?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to believe but have only seen small glimpses of what the true believers are seeing. I’d like to see him back in Cup and dominating and demanding a first grade spot.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well he just lost the FB spot and he's isn't a half so he's in trouble. The fool should have asked for a run at FB while there was no-one viable for the position. Had he shown some promise in the position we wouldn't have signed Dufty and he could've had a long term position in the team. He isn't good enough or hasn't shown enough to say he's a half moving forward.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo is 20yo.

The guy has played a hand full of FG games.

Kids his age are notoriously inconsistent. Consistency comes with experience.

He is not a 300 game half.

In good teams you don't notice because experienced players can cover for them.

In shitty teams like ours their is no hiding.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He actually didn’t have a bad game last night? His Kicking game was actually improved aside from that one blunder when he got a hospital ball under a lot of pressure. Whenever Lewis plays he tends to become to dominant half in the side for better or worse. He can’t score a show and go try every game. Alongside burton and our backline next year we will see the best of him