Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

baz

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's still early days to say that he is our long term answer at Fullback, but I think it is clear to see in just one half of footy that Fullback is his best position.

I don't know why it took anyone so long to figure it out.
He will only get better

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on Averillo is not the answer at FB. At least Dufty offers more in attack. This is why Potter was coaching a Ron Massey quality Mounties side/ Averillo has had plenty of opportunities not only at FB at NRL level half,centre wing. & doesn’t cut the mustard like at least 10 others out there last night. Averillo is a monumental failure at FB, poor positional play in defence, poor communicator in setting our defensive lines, looks scared in collisions. The new coaching regime will have a task on their hands getting this roster fit & skilled to NRL level
lol

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s been pretty good at following the ball in attack,

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fair point about a thread but in terms short term, sure Dufty should be better than Avo but I saw a lot more spark and a fb attacking the ball. Since Dufty isn’t going to be here next year by the look of it, you want that game time given to someone else, to invest in the future. Fair point tho and well constructed @Dognacious
Back then it was premature he hadn't done anything yet. But he's changing my mind the last few weeks.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely getting better, will keep improving, and he’s been fantastic!! but since I’m biased, Walsh is my preference, but it’s only a dream it seems lol.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The true believers, (that’s not you @Mutt Dafty) always knew Jake would find a home at the back. Played some junior footy there and his strengths and weaknesses suit that spot.

He looks at home.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Credit to Mick Potter for actually naming him at fb and giving him a shot. I doubted he could play well at fb but very happy to be proven wrong about that.

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Can't remember who on the kennel stated that the coaching staff believed Avo would make a shit fullback, as he couldn't catch a high ball if his life depended on it. Next minute...

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Definitely getting better, will keep improving, and he’s been fantastic!! but since I’m biased, Walsh is my preference, but it’s only a dream it seems lol.
Why would be buy Walsh just to play Reggie's LOL