Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the same time a thread about Avo finding his true position after one match at fb, in a loss where he didnt stand out, is also premature.

I know we are short of options but Avo doesnt fill me with confidence at fb. What he needs, is to drop back to reserves, and play in one position and get good at it. Right now hes the jack of all trades, but master of none. Tbh i prefer Dufty at fb, hes faster and has more x factor, and his defence isnt any worse than Avo at fb. Only reason he wont cop shit like Dufty is more is expected from Dufty who is on more pay and has more experience. No, not saying Dufty is fantastic, saying Avo isnt better than him at fb.
Fair point about a thread but in terms short term, sure Dufty should be better than Avo but I saw a lot more spark and a fb attacking the ball. Since Dufty isn’t going to be here next year by the look of it, you want that game time given to someone else, to invest in the future. Fair point tho and well constructed @Dognacious

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Honestly Flamingo you of all people calling Avo a dud, it's a bit like the pot calling the Kettle black isn't it.
Lol well Avo got dropped from the team for me...so no, it's not that far fetched.

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Avo is a dud not a nrl player better then Duffty big deal everyone is so
Open your eyes he is big the answer in any position he is scared that is the problem

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he found his spot in the toilet with the rest of them .

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully after a few games we see where averillo is at fullback wise.
I'm hoping he replicates Drinkwater.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully after a few games we see where averillo is at fullback wise.
I'm hoping he replicates Drinkwater.
Would be convenient if he solidified the fullback role no better time to do it. Hope he takes the opportunity.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Best fullback we've had for years

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rockstar in the making.

Been calling for this only for the last 2-3 years.
We could all see it and many of us called for it. The biggest question is why the previous arse holes couldn't.

If anything, perhaps a positive to come out of his time in the halves is that as he matures as a fullback his time at 7 will improve his ball playing.