Avarillo tackle

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crucial to see how the kid responds next game after coming off from that heavy tackle.

I personally think despite being a decent hit, it was a little soft coming off from it. It looked like he had a bruised lip..... I’m sure after he watches the replay he will also have a bruised ego.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He got towelled up a bit out there tonight but he’ll learn plenty from the experience. I’ll back him to bounce back well.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In today's game that is a penalty every day of the week - shoulder to the head. Results in HIA and not even a penalty. We were bad enough but that was a poor call
If he didn't play the ball and faked it a bit would he of got a penalty? The ref just missed it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Crucial to see how the kid responds next game after coming off from that heavy tackle.

I personally think despite being a decent hit, it was a little soft coming off from it. It looked like he had a bruised lip..... I’m sure after he watches the replay he will also have a bruised ego.
Don't forget he is very green and young. I'm 100% sure he will learn from it.

PS one of my old coaches always used to say you learn more from losses than wins.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love Averillo..!!

He’s fine. He will take it in his stride, an he will be better for it . He won’t hang around the bulldogs long if pay doesn’t get the sack though, that’s the bit I’m worried about, he will know he will have plenty of clubs chasing him an take a better offer to go where more experienced players are, and again we will miss out on a top premium fullback.!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Love Averillo..!!

He’s fine. He will take it in his stride, an he will be better for it . He won’t hang around the bulldogs long if pay doesn’t get the sack though, that’s the bit I’m worried about, he will know he will have plenty of clubs chasing him an take a better offer to go where more experienced players are, and again we will miss out on a top premium fullback.!!!
Many may not agree but I'd try the following and stick with it.

1. Averillo

6. Foran
7. Wakeham

9. Cogger

Can't be worse than what we have now, especially with Hoppa injured.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger was untidy/ slow service from dummy half which was to be expected from his first dig at it.Definately gets better with time spent there.Showed he wasn’t overawed tonight.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

1. Averillo

6. Foran
7. Wakeham

9. Cogger

Been one of the few that mentioned Cogger play hooker but was always shot down because his defence was rubbish apparently. I haven't got to watch the game yet as I just finished work but stats wise it looks like he handled it pretty well.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't forget he is very green and young. I'm 100% sure he will learn from it.

PS one of my old coaches always used to say you learn more from losses than wins.
What's Pay learning from the losses?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he didn't play the ball and faked it a bit would he of got a penalty? The ref just missed it.
Life lesson for the young man. Left us one short in defence for a few tackles also

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Averillo is one of the very few shining lights we have left at the Dogs.. This kid looks something special.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

There's this little thing called the HIA rule. He didn't have a choice, he had to go off, and He failed the HIA.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In today's game that is a penalty every day of the week - shoulder to the head. Results in HIA and not even a penalty. We were bad enough but that was a poor call
Totally agree. That was a penalty all day every day. On report as well. I'm sure the match review committee will see it.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

To his defence he got up and played the ball instead of laying down and getting a penalty. As for coming off nowadays it’s largely taken out of the players hands due to strict protocol around concussion.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1. Averillo

6. Foran
7. Wakeham

9. Cogger

I like it, as it keeps Smith and DWZ on wings and maybe bite the bullet and play Holland on Smiths side (i can here the yelling but whats the alternative?) and Harper on the other. JMK @ 14

But none of it matters if our forwards are bitch slapped around again. Hard running mobile forwards that play the ball quickly that have players like Cogger or Avo sniffing in support looking for a cheap offload and second phase play is whats needed, so Foran/Wakeham can do their thing..