News Ava set for new deal

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just what we need a leader up front. I’m happy he gets another year we can’t just sign pups and expect them to perform.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So we are all sitting around sweating on signing announcements like Brandon Smith, Capewell or Marty T with rumours of Gould. But, we finish the week strongly announcing Baza Ward in a role and potentially re-signing a solid 30 year old benchy in Ava..

Yeeeeeaaaagh Teeaaaaaaaaaammmmmm!!!!!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Anyone might mistake you for a cynic Baz :-).

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey it's someone at least. Was starting to look like we'll only have 22 or so players next year lol
Shows the other palookas off contract that if you have a go you get a new deal.

I still can’t believe that NONE of our off contract players have been signed by another club yet. A few of them will but they have been on the market for 8 farkin months.

We may need to offer free delivery on them

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't mind re-signing him as a depth option and on close to minimum wage. I have Thompson, Atoni and Hetherington in front of him tho and we still need to sign someone better than the last 3 I mentioned. If we let Atoni go for Ava that isn't a good decision imo.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course this is a good signing. He's experienced, holds his own and we definitely need depth in the forwards. He would of been cheap too, probs about $200k - $300k max.

I would not be upset at all if he was our 4th string prop. Now sign Vaughan from the dragons and hurry up. Plus another quality prop from somewhere, we need a beast!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I still can’t believe that NONE of our off contract players have been signed by another club yet. A few of them will but they have been on the market for 8 farkin months.

They may have signed elsewhere.

Raelene told me that the new club announces it and the old club has to wait before confirming....her excuse re the long drawn out bs with Cookie.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may have signed elsewhere.

Raelene told me that the new club announces it and the old club has to wait before confirming....her excuse re the long drawn out bs with Cookie.
Yeah but it still shows how inferior our roster is given the lack of interest

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And a set of steak knives?!?!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Or buy one get one free....

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s the kind of player we haven’t had since Frank Pritchard left. Not in the way he plays but more so his leadership for the younger guys (particularly the islander boys).

A good value signing that can still get through his work, I like it.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s the kind of player we haven’t had since Frank Pritchard left. Not in the way he plays but more so his leadership for the younger guys (particularly the islander boys).

A good value signing that can still get through his work, I like it.
Look at the affect Frank had on our young forwards coming through. He always had the lads geed up.

The worst part about the last 5 years is that we haven't produced any quality forwards. That was always our strength and we have zilch now

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A veteran Bulldogs forward, who arrived on a train and trial contract, is set to secure a new deal at the club. Get all the latest transfer news here.

The 30-year-old prop has been told he has a future at the club and is expected to be offered a new deal as soon as next week.

While another 14 Bulldogs remained unsigned beyond the end of the year, Seumanufagai has done enough to earn himself a new contract, according to sources at the club.

Arriving on a train and trial deal at the beginning of the year after two years in the Super League, the 114kg front row forward has been one of the few Bulldogs that has been able to bend back the defensive lines of opposing teams.

The Bulldogs off-contract list includes; Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate and Dylan Napa, Renouf Atoni, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Ofahiki Ogden, Jayden Okunbor, James Roumanos and Chris Smith.

Ava Seumanufagai is set to earn a new contract at the Bulldogs. Picture: Getty Images
Ava Seumanufagai is set to earn a new contract at the Bulldogs. Picture: Getty Images
The Bulldogs have already pounced to sign a bevy of big names for next season with Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr headlining the recruitment coup list.

A bargain at around $200k,and has a dig when his on the field,and very few mistakes in him.unlike higher paid players like Elliot.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's earned a new deal and played a lot better than higher paid players like Napa. Hopefully he plays with the same hunger now that he has a new deal.
Mate 100% he puts his hand up every week in a wooden spoon team, you can’t teach that. If every player played like that I guarantee you that we would be no where near the wooden spoon