Australia day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's that time of year again when for one day we admit that Australia is just too nice a place to be spending the day at work. I hear the clicking of lighters as men round the nation spark up Bbq's, the clunking as ice bags are emptied into vacant sinks or eskies and that slapping sound as we all raise our hands to those little black aussies that annoy us as they land on our food. Bogans everywhere are busting their singlets with pride on this day because it's our day. Australia day.

So whether you celebrate it with the snag on the bbq, beers at the pub, ice cream on the beach or just a day of watching your sport of choice, celebrate it and be proud.

Have a great day all, i'm off to scout for a pub thats open.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im going to wave a flag to celebrate

its going to be incredible

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being Australian is about driving in a Korean car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV while smoking a German cigarette.

And the most Australian thing of all? Suspicion of all things foreign.

Only in Australia do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their medicine while healthy people can buy their cheap German cigarettes at the front.

Seriously though, happy Australia Day everyone.

God bless our great nation.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
what are you talking about B.A? 'Straya was made famous by Captain Cook when he found Australia in 1972 while sailing the America's Cup.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are you talking about B.A? 'Straya was made famous by Captain Cook when he found Australia in 1972 while sailing the America's Cup.
:D Brilliant.
I'm staying out of this debate. I got accused of racism a while back coz I said "Straya". :confused:

We traditionally have a BBQ and play Cricket on Australia Day, but I'm injured so can't play. Might pop over and umpire.

Have a good day all.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 pack VB cans check my beer drinking hat check the beach check cricket bat check

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im going to buy you a spell check so you can spell Australia.

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
Being Australian is about driving in a Korean car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV while smoking a German cigarette.

And the most Australian thing of all? Suspicion of all things foreign.

Only in Australia do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their medicine while healthy people can buy their cheap German cigarettes at the front.

Seriously though, happy Australia Day everyone.

God bless our great nation.
LOL'd so much at this rant. but then if you think about it. same can be said for anywhere else in the world.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
30 pack VB cans check my beer drinking hat check the beach check cricket bat check
I'm switching to XXXX Gold mid strength, you don't always have to drink VB or Toohey's, it helps keep the Communist threat out of our free country.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks to whoever edited the title for me i really pwned myself with it and couldn't edit once i'd made the thread :o

Anyway hope everyone had a great day so far, i've taken it pretty easy on the drinking but have a couple of drinking buddies heading over soon to kick on with. This is the first Australia day i haven't had to work on in about 6 years, feels good to actually be able to celebrate it for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.