Australia Beat New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Australia has beaten New Zealand 51 - 47 in the first netball test in Wellington.

The Silver Ferns had a three point lead heading into the second half, but the Aussies turned it around and levelled the score at 37-37 at three quarter time.

Accurate shooting from Susan Pratley and player of the match Sharelle McMahon sealed the four-point victory for the Aussies.

It's their first win in New Zealand since 2001 and the second-straight against the world champions.

The Kiwis currenty hold the Commonwealth and World Netball Titles and wins have been hard to come by for Australia in recent years.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
GO GIRLS.. that is the way to do it... great start and good luck to them for the rest of the tournament, to win the series in NZ would be pretty special... :grinning:

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
i hate netball.. but its great for any austrlian team to win :grinning:

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the aussie thing to say..........
its good for international ............. (netball).

nz have never won in welly against aussie so the streak continues. also the ferns made a few changes looking forward to the world champs

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beating the Kiwis at anything is great!!!!

The Beer Baron. :beerchug:

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
congrats to them
i saw on the news they were so bloody happy like they won the lotto

LOL bernmeister i just noticed your avatar . pretty funny

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didnt watch it..saw the end interviews though..and i heard my mum yelling at the umpire..apparantly they were pretty bad tbh.

But no one in NZ cares lol, we're preoccupied with other happenings such as the exciting game of rugby on tonight, and the kiwis game tomorrow..and uhh the other game of rugby tomorrow (which i don't really care about that..hopefully otago win)

But really this is just seeing which is the correct team for the WC tbh.

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And more importantly the Kiwis won last night despite the Aussies trying to take out our players constantly!!

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IMO Temapara shoulda just smacked them all one bahaha.

Did you see that hit that was like a rugby tackle..ffs.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
LOL bernmeister i just noticed your avatar . pretty funny
I knew I would get a bite out of someone sooner or later...

That is what I am really good at...Being an NRL Referees' Guide Dog (like most footy supporters)...:D

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
And more importantly the Kiwis won last night despite the Aussies trying to take out our players constantly!!

WTF, that is ridiculous, I watched it and Davu should have been sent for the amount of times she went in and knocked over Cox at the start of the game... not saying NZ didn't deserve to win, but to say we took out your players give me a break... you guys were playing like to was a rugby match last night, so many players getting knocked over... ;)

Not that I am complaining, NZ deserved to win, and the right team won, just don't say we took out your players, you took out ours more, our girls weren't ready for a fight and you fought like the All Blacks last night.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[ASOWINI];668050 said:
IMO Temapara shoulda just smacked them all one bahaha.

Did you see that hit that was like a rugby tackle..ffs.
temapara isnt that big but she is stil a tank . LOL

but all in all i agree with bernmeister..netball bores the **** outta me. even playing is hard...i prefer basketball. black eyes in basketball. LOL

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
WOOT WE WON.. 46-40, Australia WINS A SERIES IN NZ.. :D :D

So proud of the girls, they showed so much composure and patience even when down and guts and determination to get a win... and do it with much entertainment too.... :grinning:

Susan Pratley is so cool under pressure, and as a young star will only get better with the years, a real future she has and gave McMahon so much support in a really tough environment.

The defense and attack was amazing today, I am just so happy to see them get a win on NZ soil, that is one hard feat to achieve and they did it.. :D

GO AUSTRALIA, CONGRATS ON A SUPER EFFORT... :grinning:

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol you had us in the last half of the game..i only watched teh last quater tbh.

Adine's speach was quite the cool one.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
[ASOWINI];668240 said:
I hate that Cox *****..she is a cow..
Agreed...I hate most of the Australian Team except for Liz Ellis (I like the way that she tells it like it is in everything and everything...Even when Netball Australia is run by Housewives).

One thing I don't like about Netball is the fact that a lot of rep players are the biggest sooks out (trust me - I went to school with heaps of them who continually winge about their jobs getting in the way of going to Rep Carnivals...I got news - if you don't want to work - I will have your jobs...)

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Oh and I told my mother that I would rather the Silver Ferns over those Aussie Netball snobs (well, they are) and she told me to pack my bags (because I like a NZ team)...

Status
Not open for further replies.