ATTENTION FOLKES: Teach your players kick-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i mean cmon ive seen it about 5times this season that we have had poor communication off kick-offs, some drop ball, letting it go out, letting it bounce back towards the opposition, i mean whats the point of a set start if ur not going to use it to your advantage, something has to be done and stuff like imo costed us 12points last night which may have saved us from a defeat

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah its a problem but i think its happened more then that, we seem to struggle to get the ball to the prop for the first hit up, its pretty annoying that somthing so simple is costing us

but its happening to a few other teams aswell

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
its annoying coz it takes away a lot of excitement and it very easily undoes a lot of good work even if we dont get punished for it

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair at the start of the Eels game the ball was up in the lights and then we got a wicked + cruel bounce.

True at times though you'd think the ball was a hand grenade and we could use some practice attacking high balls so they dont bounce.

Night games can be harder to see the high ball coz its white like the lights. But white ball is easier to see at the general play level than a brown ball would be at night, so its white.

:whacky:

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair at the start of the Eels game the ball was up in the lights and then we got a wicked + cruel bounce. I dont think we are really any worse than any other team at kickoffs. More bad luck than bad management.

:whacky:
yeah but if its going to be a problem you have to address it and as far as im concerned i dont want to be giving away a scrum outside the 10m agenst melbourne after kick-off to me it sounds like im throwing away the whole game

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
let cutler take them all
pffft please...im rally filthy at cutler...ive never been more worried and nervous whene ever a bomb goes up cause all cutler will do is run away from the ball and his afraid to get hit...some of the kicks he let bounce were deadset sitters

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
pffft please...im rally filthy at cutler...ive never been more worried and nervous whene ever a bomb goes up cause all cutler will do is run away from the ball and his afraid to get hit...some of the kicks he let bounce were deadset sitters
give the bloke a break, he had a few shockers in the 1st half, but took everything in the 2nd half, he didnt lose us the game the whole team did

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
:confused: To those confused i changed my above post a little after alz replied the original post and quoted it, so its different now. Anyway sentiment is the same.

Having the general back of course will help a lot with high balls to the back. He's the man back there. As far as kickoffs go i dont think we suck. All teams are not as good at night under the high ball as they are during the day.

Our weakness is defence but then take Mason, Patton and Omeley out of any side and you will notice it in defence. They will all be back.

:slick:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair at the start of the Eels game the ball was up in the lights and then we got a wicked + cruel bounce.QUOTE]

Take the ball on the FULL end of story! It is one of the basic areas of the game which they clearly don't train for!

They should add takeing kickoffs to their training also. 90% of all our kickoffs are central (i.e. knowhere near the sideline) & come down around the 15m mark! With no chance of going dead. Way to predictable. They should be useing kickoffs as an attacking kick. The sideline is your friend at any re-start which includes the 20m re-start. It was good to see shifty have a go, even though unsuccessful against saints!

Status
Not open for further replies.