Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
How good was our attack yesterday?

We moved the ball from side to side. Early kicks down field. Spreading the ball off the kick off.

That's two weeks running we have run in points. The difference today was our defense won it. Des seem's to have cracked the code to our attack this season.

Brett Morris is only going to get better when he gets more minutes under his belt although I am dirty at the fact he is playing origin again so soon after coming back from injury.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good was our attack yesterday?

We moved the ball from side to side. Early kicks down field. Spreading the ball off the kick off.

That's two weeks running we have run in points. The difference today was our defense won it. Des seem's to have cracked the code to our attack this season.

Brett Morris is only going to get better when he gets more minutes under his belt although I am dirty at the fact he is playing origin again so soon after coming back from injury.
We scored 29 on the "best defence in the comp"

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our defence was much better. Our attack was good, but gee the Dragons just hanging back on their own line made our attack look even better.

We have A-LOT of work to do still.. let's not get carried away. Our kicking game was average during the whole match, both Mbye and Hodkinson failed to find turf enough.

I think in the opposition 20 though we are looking more dangerous and fluent.
Keep Hodko out of it and our attack is good..Yesterday showed how much he is behind everyone else..

Your comments are stupid, as the Dragons came in to this game holding the best defensive record in the league and we put 29 points on them.. The Dragons haven't conceded marathon 10 points in the second half in the last 5 or so games and how many did we put?

So playing agains the best defence and able to score 29 points speaks volume for our attack.. especially when your Hodko is benched.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I was looking at the ladder earlier and our attack isnt really bad. In fact we are doing pretty well. Defence has just been horrible but that can be explained because of our injuries/suspensions/

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a good balance in our attack in that we're still doing the forward-forward passing style we have had but we are also incorporating a more traditional approach at times by getting our halves more involved as first receiver more often.

Malla

Reaction score
Our defence was much better. Our attack was good, but gee the Dragons just hanging back on their own line made our attack look even better.

We have A-LOT of work to do still.. let's not get carried away. Our kicking game was average during the whole match, both Mbye and Hodkinson failed to find turf enough.

I think in the opposition 20 though we are looking more dangerous and fluent.
I just wanted to point out how good it was to see us playing attacking footy. In the past, we have been labelled somewhat boring. But last night was probably the only time in the last couple years where I saw a bit of the 2012 spark in attack.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loved how attackive we were :p

Seriously though, it was so refreshing. And I think playing the first half in the day helped.

It also helped that Mbye was the dominant half. But loved the game plan all-round. Hopefully we keep this up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I prefer the structure we played with against the raiders tbh. The halves had more freedom and linked up aalot more.

Malla

Reaction score
I prefer the structure we played with against the raiders tbh. The halves had more freedom and linked up aalot more.
I reckon Hokko restricts us a lot in that regard. We saw the freedom and our halves linking in a lot more in the final 20, when we ran away with it.

Mbye and Reynolds are so lively, they will pop up at any area of the field. I can imagine how hard this is to defend for opposition teams.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
If josh played the full 60 and graham never came off injured, the scoreline would have been a lot closer to 40-0 in my honest opinion

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once a few players stop their one on one misses well be very hard to beat

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I reckon Hokko restricts us a lot in that regard. We saw the freedom and our halves linking in a lot more in the final 20, when we ran away with it.

Mbye and Reynolds are so lively, they will pop up at any area of the field. I can imagine how hard this is to defend for opposition teams.
Just with the halves roaming a lil more it forces the defence to make another decision. We need to move away from this Graham directed attack if we want a real shot at the title. Graham is good but like i said in another thread he is becoming our Gallen. We need to find a balance between Grahams skill and our halves leading the team.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
While the pommy was on, we didnt concede.

When joshy came on, we laid 2 tries in 5 minutes.

Combine the two together, you have yourself a recipe for a blowout
We would have scored more points. I dont doubt that. But I dont think it would have been a blow out.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Exactly. I think we will see the same against titans next week.

Malla

Reaction score
Just with the halves roaming a lil more it forces the defence to make another decision. We need to move away from this Graham directed attack if we want a real shot at the title. Graham is good but like i said in another thread he is becoming our Gallen. We need to find a balance between Grahams skill and our halves leading the team.
Absolutely. Him being injured and suspended this year I think will help in that regard. We actually have a half (Mbye) that can run our attack and create opportunities. That way our forwards, particularly Graham, can focus on just doing the simple things and from time to time can try and create opportunities ie. Kasiano putting Browne through a gaping hole yesterday.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Don't discount the influence B.Morris had on the game as well. While he wasn't as dominant as our halves his presence represented a third attacking threat when Mbye and Reynolds were on, this puts a great deal of doubt in opposition minds. Lichaa was also very zippy yesterday and it caused plenty of headaches.

A spine of B.Morris, Mbye/Reynolds and Lichaa looks far more threatening than what we've had to get used to recently: Perrett, Reynolds/Hodkinson and Lichaa. We can make a strong push with Hodko out and an injury free team

Malla

Reaction score
Don't discount the influence B.Morris had on the game as well. While he wasn't as dominant as our halves his presence represented a third attacking threat when Mbye and Reynolds were on, this puts a great deal of doubt in opposition minds. Lichaa was also very zippy yesterday and it caused plenty of headaches.

A spine of B.Morris, Mbye/Reynolds and Lichaa looks far more threatening than what we've had to get used to recently: Perrett, Reynolds/Hodkinson and Lichaa. We can make a strong push with Hodko out and an injury free team
Agree with that. Having BMoz back definitely makes life a lot easier for our halves. I am looking forward to seeing him comfortable and back after a couple games under his belt - just hope he gets through origin unscathed.

Status
Not open for further replies.