Opinion Attack

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For all the hype our attack has been an absolute joke. We're playing with one half in Flanagan while Jake and Allan sit out on the edge totally inactive in 99% of plays. Carrying the ball from our own end is ineffective, running one out, slow long passes, Flanagan dumping it back inside for a forward, etc...

I get things will take a while to click and we're lacking in quality but this is concerning. Jake got better ball playing under Pay ffs.

Last edited:

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh i think the heavy rain in both games have put a stop to alot of things.

Next week we play Broncos, hopefully good conditions. I expect to see an improvement or ill be disappointed

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dunno if they changed it today to suit the conditions but there was way too many settlers and running under plays. Tbaz has a lot of work to do.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Averillo has been hampered by moving straight up to first grade and skipping reserve grade last year.

I’d put Lewis at 6 for this year and have Averillo play fullback in reserve grade.

We’re not getting very far this year anyway, so might as well prepare for next year.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For all the hype our attack has been an absolute joke. We're playing with one half in Flanagan while Jake and Allan sit out on the edge totally inactive in 99% of plays. Carrying the ball from our own end is ineffective, running one out, slow long passes, Flanagan dumping it back inside for a forward, etc...

I get things will take a while to click and we're lacking in quality but this is concerning. Jake got better ball playing under Pay ffs.
Couldn’t agree more they should mix it up put Jake averillo fullback and Corey in the centres

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tbh i think the heavy rain in both games have put a stop to alot of things.

Next week we play Broncos, hopefully good conditions. I expect to see an improvement or ill be disappointed
I don't think so. I brought this up during the trial, we then saw it last week and again this week. I think it's intentional. Our playmakers are way too isolated and linkup with each other about 5 times all game....we literally have one point of attack right now.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Averillo has been hampered by moving straight up to first grade and skipping reserve grade last year.

I’d put Lewis at 6 for this year and have Averillo play fullback in reserve grade.

We’re not getting very far this year anyway, so might as well prepare for next year.
Burton talk is Playing on his mind and he knows he is gone if the deal happens this season and so he should he is shit house

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jake Averillo is a myth.

He is built like Meany and gets dominated but plays with even less heart and is scared of any physical contact.

I would be more than happy to see him dropped to reserves until he can harden the fuck up.
Just fuck him off. He's not a football player. we've wasted time on similar players like Wakeham..

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake Averillo is a myth.

He is built like Meany and gets dominated but plays with even less heart and is scared of any physical contact.

I would be more than happy to see him dropped to reserves until he can harden the fuck up.
With that said I agree that the whole structure isn’t painting a pretty picture at the moment.

Our most glaring issue is our forwards.
Every team throughout history has had halves that struggle when the forwards are dominated.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Remember when we could’ve got Holbrook?

*I couldn’t help myself....

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It might be an unpopular view on here but Averillo just isn’t up to first grade. He adds no support to Flanagan at all.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not going to be too concerned about the attack in swampy conditions vs the best defence in the NRL. We arent up to Penrith at this stage, so no point losing my shit over it. I picked panthers 13+ pre match

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avo is not a first grade half yet, maybe not ever. We also have no platform, our middles are the worst in the NRL. What I would give for a Tino and a Paulo in our pack...we are paying more for Jacko and Napa and they bring nothing