atmosphere problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukesdogs

Armchair Coach
Reaction score
Alot of people say that there is little to no atmosphere at dogies games. What i think the problem is we need our OUR HOME GROUND that we can make a fortress. Some where teams feer to come. Some think that holds about 30,00 fans. This way it would look full when we get 15,000 people there and when we have big games like friday night you car'nt get 10,00 fans from the opposition and it would be SOLD OUT. I think all teams need to have a home ground in todays game as it is such a close compitition the teams with there own ground have an advanage over teams that play at shared home grounds. i dont think there is too much wrong with ANZ but if you had a smaller ground the crowed are closer to the action escpecially behind the goals. I know it is not that easy to build a multi million $ stadium but is should be somethink the board should look at for the future. what do others think.

80fic...

It would be great to redevelop belmore, But it won't be a reality, we will have to get used to ANZ

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gold coast spent $160 million on their new home ground --- dont think its on the boards agenda atm.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I tried giving my support to Luke Brailey and the "Back to Belmore" on 3 occasions and was contacted once to say I would get a phone call. I have my own business and work in Graphic Design and Advertising, and offered to help for free. Still nothing. So all I can say is that I tried.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a contract at ANZ Stadium for another 13 years.....

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried giving my support to Luke Brailey and the "Back to Belmore" on 3 occasions and was contacted once to say I would get a phone call. I have my own business and work in Graphic Design and Advertising, and offered to help for free. Still nothing. So all I can say is that I tried.
do you have $160m? lol :p

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
do you have $160m? lol :p
No mate I just tried to do something for a cause that I believed in. Nothing wrong with that is there champ? Or maybe you think there is? Dunno... confusing at best.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I donno... Up until the 3rd Try by the Rorters against us on Friday night, the atmosphere was fkn electric... Yes, even at ANZ... the sea of blue and white was awesome. But, yeah, you're right... that atmos only happens at ANZ when the crowd is in excess of 30K.

Alas, for ANZ, atmosphere is only achieved when people are happy to watch footy there... and to be perfectly honest (not like I'm saying anything new here), the stadium is aweful for footy. If you're in the front row you're still 20 metres away from the field... and that's on the sides... behind the dead ball line is like 25-30 metres.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
It's because you play at one of the largest stadiums in the world and it only has atmosphere when it's packed.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not much of a home ground advantage when its where everyone plays, its something we dont have much of.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I donno... Up until the 3rd Try by the Rorters against us on Friday night, the atmosphere was fkn electric... Yes, even at ANZ... the sea of blue and white was awesome. But, yeah, you're right... that atmos only happens at ANZ when the crowd is in excess of 30K.

Alas, for ANZ, atmosphere is only achieved when people are happy to watch footy there... and to be perfectly honest (not like I'm saying anything new here), the stadium is aweful for footy. If you're in the front row you're still 20 metres away from the field... and that's on the sides... behind the dead ball line is like 25-30 metres.
thats was a massive occasion though, a regular game is nothing like that

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive never been envious of any other team ever, but after looking at the titan's stadium on sat night i must say i am, that place is awesome, how much better would it be for us to have our own stadium wether its belmore or somewhere else, im sick of playing at neutral stadiums, lets face it, we have no advantage...even ricky stuart said about playing the dragqueens there, that he prefered to play them there at anz than kogarah or at the gong.... if he feels like that i bet most other sides feel the same..yet thats our home....

lukesdogs

Armchair Coach
Reaction score
ive never been envious of any other team ever, but after looking at the titan's stadium on sat night i must say i am, that place is awesome, how much better would it be for us to have our own stadium wether its belmore or somewhere else, im sick of playing at neutral stadiums, lets face it, we have no advantage...even ricky stuart said about playing the dragqueens there, that he prefered to play them there at anz than kogarah or at the gong.... if he feels like that i bet most other sides feel the same..yet thats our home....
thats wht i am saying i dont want to go back to belmoe just some think we can call our own.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
weve had a few threads on this. no use whinging bout it. we have a countract until 2020 so unless u wanna pay ANZ out i doubt it will b happening anytime soon

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
it gives us good time to play out at ANZ... build up our investment and build a new stadium out at the crest by 2021

hth

D_sab

Ballboy
Reaction score
the grand final is played at our home ground! :grinning:

hehehe

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
at the crest??????? Ozzy wat u smoking on lol. Theyll never b allowed to build a proper stadium there. Mite as well put down Belmore and build a new 1 lol.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
the crest is big enough to build a nice 35, 000 seated stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.