Atmosphere at Belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

BupaGraham

Waterboy
Reaction score
I know I'll probably get hate for a negative post during grand final week but whatever

I just got back from Belmore and have to get something off my chest. I've been a Dogs supporter all my life and I'm over the moon were in another grand final. Went down to Belmore to soak up the atmosphere and here's what I got
People in Dogs jerseys waving flags - awesome
Guys playing drums - cool

But what does a guy playing piano and singing Arabic have to do with our club. I'm Lebanese myself and I find it embarrassing. Go down there and cheer for our team. Why feel the need to turn it into a Lebanese party and alienate so many of our supporters

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As long as nothing illegal is going on who gives a shit how people celebrate?

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Would you rather an Irish with bagpipes? :P

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Is he always there or has he set it up for GF week? Sounds bizarre.

A

Alexander the Great

I know I'll probably get hate for a negative post during grand final week but whatever

I just got back from Belmore and have to get something off my chest. I've been a Dogs supporter all my life and I'm over the moon were in another grand final. Went down to Belmore to soak up the atmosphere and here's what I got

But what does a guy playing piano and singing Arabic have to do with our club. I'm Lebanese myself and I find it embarrassing. Go down there and cheer for our team. Why feel the need to turn it into a Lebanese party and alienate so many of our supporters
Was the boat there again?

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
I think it would be because Belmore is populated mainly by arabs, it just draws in bigger crowds and boosts the atmosphere. Your view is understandable though but most non-arab people i know don't mind it and love the noise and atmosphere.

BupaGraham

Waterboy
Reaction score
Like I said I have no issue with the drums. The piano and singing is just stupid. I don't know but how about cheering for the team that you actually support instead.

I remember the atmosphere in 2004 being so much better during grand final week. Me and my mates got turned off tonight and I imagine a lot of other supporters have as well

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm Lebo my self and I have found this abit odd when we celebrate we make it a Lebo thing but thats the community in our teams heart land and they express them selves doing that when things are good so why not?

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not Lebanese and it doesn't concern me 1 bit. People have a good time

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't really like it either, but hey, celebrations are celebrations.

if anyone can play a kazoo, bagpipes, youkali , bongos... get down there and change it up

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Its all positive.. We just happen to have a massive arab ethnicity in our supporter base. It is what it is really, theres a healthy mix of all kinds of dogs fans, but expect that in the belmore bankstown area theres gonna be alot of arabs

BupaGraham

Waterboy
Reaction score
I get that our home base is populated by Arabs. I'm Lebanese and grown up here my whole life. But we should be united coz we're Dogs supporters not because we're Lebs.

Breaking out into random chants of sh*t like'Abu Salim' is just moronic

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I get that our home base is populated by Arabs. I'm Lebanese and grown up here my whole life. But we should be united coz we're Dogs supporters not because we're Lebs.

I had to google it and came up with a Libyan prison and an Indian actor?

N

Natboy

I rarely go to the area but isn't it kind of like Lakemba where you could be excused for thinking you're in another country?
I have no issues with people partying there and enjoying the excitement. It's good to see
You are right in a way though & I can see why other fans associate the bulldogs with lebanon & saying we should have a cedar tree in our logo etc. I'm glad all fans are enjoying this week

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Abu Salim? isnt that a supermarket in Greenacre? Maybe its a plug for the supermarket :D

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Im lebanese background and love the dogs so so much but this year have avoided Belmore because quite a few of the people down there wouldn't even know who Michael Ennis is or when the last time we won a comp was.

i too find it weird that they turn it into an Arabic concert or start shouting things that have nothing to do with bulldogs. Sometimes I cringe and hope they don't emberrass our club but the lebanese people by acting like monkeys.

anyway go the dogs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.