Ash Taylor rejected by dogs

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can swap Flanno for this guy on 200k and contribute half of Flanno (which means we are pretty much paying Taylor the same as Flanno out of the cap), I wouldn't be against it.

Hear me out.... Taylor is crying out for leadership around him and I feel Gus is the type of figure that Taylor needs around him to spark his career. At this stage whether you like it or not, BBO or Avo will be the starting 7 so it means Taylor will have a year to have a crack in Cup. Our squad is also crying out for natural talent, not a structured robot like Flanno.

Brooks is a no go because we won't be able to make sense of it on the cap.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we can swap Flanno for this guy on 200k and contribute half of Flanno (which means we are pretty much paying Taylor the same as Flanno out of the cap), I wouldn't be against it.

Hear me out.... Taylor is crying out for leadership around him and I feel Gus is the type of figure that Taylor needs around him to spark his career. At this stage whether you like it or not, BBO or Avo will be the starting 7 so it means Taylor will have a year to have a crack in Cup. Our squad is also crying out for natural talent, not a structured robot like Flanno.

Brooks is a no go because we won't be able to make sense of it on the cap.
Not the worst idea, but as I said a couple of weeks ago, my mate on the Gold Coast indicated that AT went missing for a while due to off field issues.

I would need to be convinced he has sorted this before signing him.

And before any one asks I won't reveal my source or the issue.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still think he wouldn’t of
Been a bad option to partner with Burton for 300k a season contract. I know people may not rate him ,however he is still an upgrade on what we currently have as number 7 options. I don’t think his form would be as heavily scrutinised if he wasn’t on such a big contract. A lot of players go backwards at the Gold Coast as it’s where you go for a lifestyle rather than applying yourself to a serious career.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good call
Taylor sadly like Milford as soon as given the million dollar deal has played like a $50k player
Needs to go back to Qcup and becoming a play maker and a general
He goes missing in games and has off field problems also
I seriously think we look at BBO or our best junior half to develop
Been saying for years please get Mathew Johns to coach our halves! He is the ‘play maker whisperer’
When you take the jokes aside the way he speaks about positioning on the field kicking etc he would do wonders. Joey I think is more the type of natural talent. Get Terry Lamb or Sterling in also to mentor Burton and co they will def help more then hinder
As whoever is our ‘halves coach’ needs to in the words of Fatty Vautin ‘give himself an upper cut’

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would’ve been good if he took Flanagans pay and we of load Flanagan,
But Ash probably thinks his a million dollar player.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad we didn't sign him. Signing these type of players in the hope they will turn their form around just digs us into a deeper hole.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn’t motivated at $1m or playing for his future
Has massive personal baggage good move
What a waste
I think once he got the $1M contract, he thought he'd made it & didn't have to work as hard. But it's the opposite. If you are going to take big money, you need to show the club, fans & NRL community that you are earning it. It seems to be another case of a very talented player who didn't have the desire that is required to go along with it.

I hope he goes over the the SL & turns his career around. Maybe getting away from the NRL would be the best thing for him now.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not the worst idea, but as I said a couple of weeks ago, my mate on the Gold Coast indicated that AT went missing for a while due to off field issues.

I would need to be convinced he has sorted this before signing him.

And before any one asks I won't reveal my source or the issue.
It was reported that he had a massive gambling addiction. He needs someone he completely trusts to look after his money for him.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good call
Taylor sadly like Milford as soon as given the million dollar deal has played like a $50k player
Needs to go back to Qcup and becoming a play maker and a general
He goes missing in games and has off field problems also
I seriously think we look at BBO or our best junior half to develop
Been saying for years please get Mathew Johns to coach our halves! He is the ‘play maker whisperer’
When you take the jokes aside the way he speaks about positioning on the field kicking etc he would do wonders. Joey I think is more the type of natural talent. Get Terry Lamb or Sterling in also to mentor Burton and co they will def help more then hinder
As whoever is our ‘halves coach’ needs to in the words of Fatty Vautin ‘give himself an upper cut’
We already have "the best halves coach in the game" in Trent Barrett, so I don't think they will be going down that path.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are 3 things which can’t be argued against.

- averillo isn’t a halfback
- Taylor shits on what we have
- BBO shouldn’t be chucked in the deep end and should be our 14.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taylor for Flannagan sounds perfect

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% he is

Ash Taylor is a decent footballer. Just couldn’t live up to the contract value.
He was never a 1mil player.Titans jumped the gun paid overs and look what happened.he was a 500k player tops!!