News Article Jayden Sullivan

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're losing a bit of depth in the halves next year. Reynolds and Flanagan will be gone. We could move on BBO too. Gus says Oloapu is a lock remember plus he's not ready. Either is Rajab or Hayward. Sullivan and Sexton could fight out to see who'se best. Would keep them on their toes. It would also offer cover in the halves. Having 2 decent 7's would be a luxury we haven't had for so so long. Most of the good clubs have decent back-up in the halves. Even with these 2 we'd be spending less than top clubs do on their main 7. Sullivan offers cover for Burton also. Move on Sutton.

Gus said the other day we have 2M for 2024. Buy Tino and another decent big middle, get Sullivan and we're sweet for a shot at top 4.

1 Crichton
2 JAC
3 Xerri
4 Kiraz
5 Skelton
6 Burton
7 Sexton
8 Fa'asuamaleaui
9 Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Kikau
12 Preston
13 Sele

14 Sullivan
15 Pele
16 King
17 RFM
18 Topine

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're losing a bit of depth in the halves next year. Reynolds and Flanagan will be gone. We could move on BBO too. Gus says Oloapu is a lock remember plus he's not ready. Either is Rajab or Hayward. Sullivan and Sexton could fight out to see who'se best. Would keep them on their toes. It would also offer cover in the halves. Having 2 decent 7's would be a luxury we haven't had for so so long. Most of the good clubs have decent back-up in the halves. Even with these 2 we'd be spending less than top clubs do on their main 7. Sullivan offers cover for Burton also. Move on Sutton.

Gus said the other day we have 2M for 2024. Buy Tino and another decent big middle, get Sullivan and we're sweet for a shot at top 4.

1 Crichton
2 JAC
3 Xerri
4 Kiraz
5 Skelton
6 Burton
7 Sullivan
8 Fa'asuamaleaui
9 Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Kikau
12 Preston
13 Sele

14 Sexton
15 Pele
16 King
17 RFM
18 Topine
Swap Sexton for Sullivan

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont you hate it when you make a prediction and then its immediately proven wrong lol. Ill mark his words alright. lol

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sexton has presumably been signed to be the halfback. Why would Sullivan leave the Dragons unless Flanagan has told him he’s not required?
This isn’t fantasy football
Maybe Sullivan would prefer his odds of becoming a FG half over Sexton than Hunt.

Or he could stay at the Dragons behind Hunt.

What seems a more likely option to you?

Reactions: CCC

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe Sullivan would prefer his odds of becoming a FG half over Sexton than Hunt.

Is Hunt staying at Dragon tho, I think he still wants out

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Hunt staying at Dragon tho, I think he still wants out
Hunt still wants out but Flanagan is adamant that he won't let him go.

Up to Sullivan as to which chance he wants to take.

AND he already asked for a release earlier this year to join us so maybe he has made his choice already.

Plus we have a young squad that is developing compared to the Dragons squad that is going backwards.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who would of thought daddy's boy will follow daddy.....

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I created this thread in the Rumours a few weeks ago.

This is true. I was told our "interest" in Hunt was a smokescreen and Gus all along wants Sullivan.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I created this thread in the Rumours a few weeks ago.

This is true. I was told our "interest" in Hunt was a smokescreen and Gus all along wants Sullivan.
Well we did chase him last year as well...

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you’re being unrealistic for starters. Sullivan is also the current 6 for them so he’s not behind Hunt, he’s playing with him. I don’t think jersey number matters all that much if you’re playing every week

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you’re being unrealistic for starters. Sullivan is also the current 6 for them so he’s not behind Hunt, he’s playing with him. I don’t think jersey number matters all that much if you’re playing every week
No he isn't, Amone is.

Sullivan just filled in while he was injured.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he isn't, Amone is.

Sullivan just filled in while he was injured.
No Sullivan has been preferred over Amone. Pretty sure last time everybody was available Amone played in NSW Cup and Sullivan started in NRL

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whose words are we marking, goonbag journo?

This signing would not make sense unless we're moving on multiple halves.
Flanno is gone at the end of the year, and Reynolds has all but retired, yet already replaced with Sexbomb.
Still have in reserve Brown, BBO, KR, and iirc, even Perham grew up playing 1/2s!
Then there are multiple potentials in Reserves.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No Sullivan has been preferred over Amone. Pretty sure last time everybody was available Amone played in NSW Cup and Sullivan started in NRL
only recently has Sullivan taken over Amone, for all of last year and most of this year Amone has been favoured

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whose words are we marking, goonbag journo?

This signing would not make sense unless we're moving on multiple halves.
Flanno is gone at the end of the year, and Reynolds has all but retired, yet already replaced with Sexbomb.
Still have in reserve Brown, BBO, KR, and iirc, even Perham grew up playing 1/2s!
Then there are multiple potentials in Reserves.
Burton and Sexton NRL halves, Rajab and Sullivan reserve grade halves? Sullivan would probably find himself on NRL bench which would leave room for BBO in reserve grade. Brown's a 9/lock.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton and Sexton NRL halves, Rajab and Sullivan reserve grade halves? Sullivan would probably find himself on NRL bench which would leave room for BBO in reserve grade. Brown's a 9/lock.
Otherwise, we've plenty of cover still, right?