Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well Mr Steeliz, if that is your real name, I would advise you to not be so naive as to think life is black and white, good guys and bad guys. And that there is element of truth and two sides to every argument.
Like you, I would love to think that this is a case of a coach with a blueprint of success and we have lazy players who can’t hack it.
but I’m not naive.
The truth is unlikely to be so clear cut.
CC definitely too rly has his plan but he is a rookie coach.
8 players is alot. A lot. Most of those 8 players have been in other systems they selves and know what other teams do in training.
So if they are collectively saying they are getting pushed then it seems a bit coincidental we just happen to have the laziest 1/4 of the squad in the nrl who are complaining about normal training.
So there must be something to it. Evidenced by all our injuries during training, us not performing as a team and now them publically complaining about our methods.
That’s why I’m saying let’s look at the entire picture.
1/ what is the truth on our training regime? Is it really 8.30 to 5?
2/ what do other teams do? Is there a large discrepancy?

If all teams are pumping out 8 hour days then maybe the issue is bigger and this is a smokescreen.
But if it is significantly larger then players have a point. And how we mediate going forward.

This is a better approach to the situation than ‘my dadddy did 12 he I r days as an electrician in the 80s, so should our guys’.
All that would result in is they say ‘no worries, habe your 11 hour days, best of luck in your recruitment endeavours, we are signing for St George’.
Once again stop spreading bullshit.

Not one NRL team does 5hrs and calls it a day.

None.

Not 1

So just stop with the lies.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
7am- players arrive, have coffee, breakfast. 8am- Ciraldo checks there homework books, normally compliments the players that have managed to stay between the lines wwhen colouring in. 9am- Field session starts, Ciraldo emphasis burtos bombs, he’s a budding photographer and separates Burton from the team for some action shots. 11am-1pm- Players free time, okunbor, averillo and kiraz talk about new vans that they have bought, Wilson strums a few chords on his guitar, Fataila mariner sits in his car, just likes to be alone, Gus is at the local barber, for the old timers, they know what barbers is code for are. 1.30pm- spine meeting, if you don’t play in the spine, it’s called the marcel Marceau club. 2.00pm- Weights, 25 guys calling out yeah bra, mad bra, sick bra, Ciraldo offers to rub oil on Burto, tells him not only does he he lift better with oil on, he glistens. 3pm- Sports phycologist meeting- He starts with losing is a disease, at this time Mick Potter stands up and starts clapping, he’s a bit kooky like that old Potts. 4pm- That’s it for the day, Ciraldo offers burto a lift home says he will be giving perham a ride home too and will buy them ice cream. Gus is on the way to channel nine, call his make up artist as he’s leaving. That’s it guys, nothing out of the ordinary, routine stuff.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know who the players that have complained. It’s very obvious and some of them haven’t been seen again

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
7am- players arrive, have coffee, breakfast. 8am- Ciraldo checks there homework books, normally compliments the players that have managed to stay between the lines wwhen colouring in. 9am- Field session starts, Ciraldo emphasis burtos bombs, he’s a budding photographer and separates Burton from the team for some action shots. 11am-1pm- Players free time, okunbor, averillo and kiraz talk about new vans that they have bought, Wilson strums a few chords on his guitar, Fataila mariner sits in his car, just likes to be alone, Gus is at the local barber, for the old timers, they know what barbers is code for are. 1.30pm- spine meeting, if you don’t play in the spine, it’s called the marcel Marceau club. 2.00pm- Weights, 25 guys calling out yeah bra, mad bra, sick bra, Ciraldo offers to rub oil on Burto, tells him not only does he he lift better with oil on, he glistens. 3pm- Sports phycologist meeting- He starts with losing is a disease, at this time Mick Potter stands up and starts clapping, he’s a bit kooky like that old Potts. 4pm- That’s it for the day, Ciraldo offers burto a lift home says he will be giving perham a ride home too and will buy them ice cream. Gus is on the way to channel nine, call his make up artist as he’s leaving. That’s it guys, nothing out of the ordinary, routine stuff.
You put more effort into this post than the players have put in all year.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the team continually plateaux out at the 60 minute mark and cannot keep up with the opposition it means they lack the fitness. To be fit you need to train for it and if they are not fit for a full 80 minutes, it means they are not training hard enough.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see if his selections and rotations improve.... can't blame the players on that.
Agree with you, but let’s be real there is not much to choose from right now. Maybe Skelton for Wilson, the other selections are pretty much forced (e.g. Bringing Perham back because two centres are out, having to play Waddell on an edge because Preston is out)

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I blame that bloody Jobel’s coffee shop outside Belmore…. Surely after pointing the finger at every single human inside BSG…. That bird at Jobel’s has something to answer for regarding our Defensive structures?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agree with you, but let’s be real there is not much to choose from right now. Maybe Skelton for Wilson, the other selections are pretty much forced (e.g. Bringing Perham back because two centres are out, having to play Waddell on an edge because Preston is out)
He can maybe blame the players for that but bench rotations and positions are all on that duds head.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not a Rothfield fan but It's a fair point he made though in regards to Gould prioritizing his media over the club especially with Ciraldo being a rookie coach and drowning in shit.
I wonder how much help Gus actually gives the assistant? Looks like he has completely wasted his hands of him.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who the fuck claimed they are being flogged physically from 8-5pm every day. What a load of crap. So an employer who is paying $100’s of thousands of dollars in wages per player, can’t ask them to be be present for whatever their job requires?? Video sessions, gym work, ball work, sponsor commitments, team talks, cardio, massage etc etc..

Buy in or fuck off is probably the motto that should be pushed..We are currently losers, so that simply means we need to work twice as hard for as long as it takes to get back to where we belong.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Love the Fox, but no real loss to be honest. I don’t want 100m tries, I want to see creativity in the middle that if you had a ten year old on the wing and created space for them they’d score. I do not want to see us rely on intercepts and tries that come from pure chance.
Said in another thread we should poach Sua Faalogo off Storm / Falcons to replace him.

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lmao @ Ciraldo offers to rub oil on Burto, tells him not only does he he lift better with oil on, he glistens.
Magnificent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember 3 months ago you wrote an essay about all the hard work Alamoti did and all the blood sweat and tears it took to get him to first grade and @lovemachine told u the truth was he was lazy and now this happens.
A lot of these Nrl players don’t have this eye of the tigers. It’s not that hard to get to nrl level in comparison with other sports.
A bit of footy Iq, speed, size and fitness and you’re halfway there. Especially if Islander where your body is built for it.
Look at TPJ who came out and said he was never interested much in rugby league
Yes true, I did write an essay in reply to a comment you posted about Alamoti being shit, don’t remember any mention about him being lazy, just a comment that he was a piece of shit … think it was from one of your fake burner accounts .. I stuck up for the kid and said that type of talk about a person was uncalled for, especially considering the work he’s most probably contributed to his training throughout the years to get to 1st grade ..

But no idea why your bringing that up now, we’re not talking about Alamoti and the hard work he’s put into training over the years …

We’re talking about players who aren’t prepared to put in that level of training …

Catch up !!

And you didn’t explain what roeeteasly means ?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read in a thread about a week ago I can't recall which one but someone posted what Renyolds said an average day as a first grader at Canterbury involves.

From memory it sounded fuck all and for the most part they were just in meetings most of the day with bits n pieces of training which wasn't much
U can listen to it all, big sports breakfast podcast Wednesday last week

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes true, I did write an essay in reply to a comment you posted about Alamoti being shit, don’t remember any mention about him being lazy, just a comment that he was a piece of shit … think it was from one of your fake burner accounts .. I stuck up for the kid and said that type of talk about a person was uncalled for, especially considering the work he’s most probably contributed to his training throughout the years to get to 1st grade ..

But no idea why your bringing that up now, we’re not talking about Alamoti and the hard work he’s put into training over the years …

We’re talking about players who aren’t prepared to put in that level of training …

Catch up !!

And you didn’t explain what roeeteasy means ?
I don’t have a burner account. Love machine is a disciple and an associate. I’ve said positive things about Alamoti in the past.
Alamoti is one of the ones complaining about this long training so which is it?
He’s lazy or has the eye of the tiger?

ps.
roeeteasly = previously.
Intelligent ppl would have recognised that typo for what it was.