Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SMH have gotten on the front foot and reported it first, obviously working closely with Gus. SMH’s angle is calling out the players, then DT and Fox will come in with an angle of CC being out of his depth, players being over worked, these are players Gus recruited bla bla.
The Buzzard took this angle in NRL360

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And who coached this generation of footballer?
The players really have no idea how hard training should be. I see it football teams I've coach expecting thinking they Messi when they don't know basics.

Same shit rugby league player only being pick on athletic abilities and not knowledge or skills.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really depends. Gotta listen to the body… if it’s resulting in fatigue / lack of drive, you’re overtraining. Simple as that. It’ll be really interesting if this is what the elite clubs do, or whether ciro has gone off on a tangent and made his own shit up. If it’s the latter, he could be in trouble

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it’s like this, you have 4 job offers but one job is asking you to do 30% more for the same dollars
@Nasheed obviously doesn’t know what sacrifices are needed to be made before you gain that eye of the Tiger over your opponent …

Here’s a quote for those willing to do that extra 30% more for the same dollars …

Image1693214989.954426.jpg

That 30% you might lose initially, can come back around 10 fold if your willing to go the distance …

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the players were nailing their goal line defence, understood their defensive structures, knew how to play a structured attack, had great and consistent tackling technique and were winning the ruck then I'd be like sure you don't need to be doing a full day every day. Until that starts happening put in the effort and time to get better !!!!!

I initially thought is CC solely the issue until I watched their defence over the last 5/6 games. Goal line defence and scrambling is all about player attitude not the coach and right now it is completely non-existent. I'm also worried about Burton's form too, constantly missing tackles and his form has fallen off a cliff.

Reactions: J_B

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hard work beats talent. Clearly CC thinks this crop need to work harder. And our results this year have proven this bunch need to work harder regardless of our injury toll. Entitled comes to mind. Ffs, I would give my left nut to go back in time and play first grade. I'm over players feeling like they have all the say and power now.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Dumbest argument ever.

No other team does 5hr days so stop spreading bullshit.

And because I know you have issues with the truth and reality in general, training does include tactical and film work at ALL clubs.
Well Mr Steeliz, if that is your real name, I would advise you to not be so naive as to think life is black and white, good guys and bad guys. And that there is element of truth and two sides to every argument.
Like you, I would love to think that this is a case of a coach with a blueprint of success and we have lazy players who can’t hack it.
but I’m not naive.
The truth is unlikely to be so clear cut.
CC definitely too rly has his plan but he is a rookie coach.
8 players is alot. A lot. Most of those 8 players have been in other systems they selves and know what other teams do in training.
So if they are collectively saying they are getting pushed then it seems a bit coincidental we just happen to have the laziest 1/4 of the squad in the nrl who are complaining about normal training.
So there must be something to it. Evidenced by all our injuries during training, us not performing as a team and now them publically complaining about our methods.
That’s why I’m saying let’s look at the entire picture.
1/ what is the truth on our training regime? Is it really 8.30 to 5?
2/ what do other teams do? Is there a large discrepancy?

If all teams are pumping out 8 hour days then maybe the issue is bigger and this is a smokescreen.
But if it is significantly larger then players have a point. And how we mediate going forward.

This is a better approach to the situation than ‘my dadddy did 12 he I r days as an electrician in the 80s, so should our guys’.
All that would result in is they say ‘no worries, habe your 11 hour days, best of luck in your recruitment endeavours, we are signing for St George’.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
These blokes should all be shipped off to a less fortunate country and made to work 10 hours a day building homes and community centres for people who would be lucky to earn 10cents a day. Teach them humility and hard work rather than self entitlement and then let them pick up a football again
Don’t need to send them that far, a month working for a local concreter or brick layer on trade wages would do the trick.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And so do slaves.
I’ve roeeteasly said my point is it is comparison to what ither teams do.
If we are doing 9 he shifts but south’s are doing 5 then we are overdoing it
Cahunt, you’re fried.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
@Nasheed obviously doesn’t know what sacrifices are needed to be made before you gain that eye of the Tiger over your opponent …

Here’s a quote for those willing to do that extra 30% more for the same dollars …

View attachment 80423

That 30% you might lose initially, can come back around 10 fold if your willing to go the distance …
I remember 3 months ago you wrote an essay about all the hard work Alamoti did and all the blood sweat and tears it took to get him to first grade and @lovemachine told u the truth was he was lazy and now this happens.
A lot of these Nrl players don’t have this eye of the tigers. It’s not that hard to get to nrl level in comparison with other sports.
A bit of footy Iq, speed, size and fitness and you’re halfway there. Especially if Islander where your body is built for it.
Look at TPJ who came out and said he was never interested much in rugby league

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
CBF reading through the whole thread.

But these players are professional, those who have watched Folkesy's team train 20 or so years ago would remember, players arrive at 7:30am, they start training from 8am, they finish at around 9:30am.

They even do some training at night time from 7:30pm to 10pm. Folkesy's training was intense, we were the fittest team in the early 2000s and those training under Folkesy proved that.

None of the current players would be capable of training doing Folkesy's training.

Gould had said this several times on 100% footy, there's a culture of losing, he brought CC in to change this culture around, it's obvious there was players are just there in cruising to take home pay and not put in the hard yards.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that 8am to 5pm is ridiculous.

Taking into account our performances from the last 4 years it should be 8am to 5am.

21 hour minimum day for you underperforming disgraces to the jersey