Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
8.30 to 5 is a lot though.
How many days per wk though? The few times I’ve been to training to watch they are only on the paddock a couple hours, I’m assuming in those 8.5hr days they would have a lot of down time having meals and massages etc. It’s hard for the average punter to feel sorry for them when a lot of people are working 6-7 days per wk and in excess of 10-12hr days.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you're really trying to act like these players have been playing well enough in the past to dictate how hard they train ? They got smashed by 40 points in Rd 1 , You gonna tell me they were burned out already ? Or is the real answer the players have been under performing and training like an A grade park football team that is not.even close to how a top 4 nrl side should train. Their bodies are not hardened and can't deal with the work load because of their past training loads does that mean we keep training them like bitches while the other clubs keep training hard ?

Don't blame the injuries on training too hard when you see teams like Penrith with 1 of the lowest injury rates on their roster.

A lot of our players are weak ***** with a bad attitude simple as that. And we finally have a coach who won't stand for it and neither should he
Lmao

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People are actually siding with the players because CC is asking them to be available for training from 8am to 5:30pm??

These players need to take a look into the real world. People work 10+ hour days just to stay afloat, earning 20% of what these mugs are on. You can guess which players these are - anybody who I have DM'd about this knows who they are.

The sooner they are out of the club the better.
Are many of these players likely to be around for 2024 mate?

Malla

Reaction score
How many days per wk though? The few times I’ve been to training to watch they are only on the paddock a couple hours, I’m assuming in those 8.5hr days they would have a lot of down time having meals and massages etc. It’s hard for the average punter to feel sorry for them when a lot of people are working 6-7 days per wk and in excess of 10-12hr days.
A lot of video sessions, community work, skill based exercises, weights etc. I think the way its reported is a gross exaggeration, however the fact is these group of players made the complaint.

One of the players was shipped to Newy. Dogs gave him a chance after an injury almost ended his career 3 years ago. This is how he repays them... but being entitled.

CC is only doing what Gus has backed and wants him to do. People don't realize how hands on Gus is... Not with the players, but with CC.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah you are right today’s players wouldn’t last a week in 70s and 80s having to work a full time job and train. And I can tell you first hand any whining cahunt that bitched about putting in a decent training session only did it once.
They weren't even fulltime professionals back then. Fuck all science, drinking, smoking, run a couple laps. There's zero comparison.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CCs biggest problem is simple. He plays favourites, he looks for every reason to keep Okunbor and Perham in and denies chances to players like Skelton.

Why would anyone work hard for a coach when it’s clear as day the way to FG isn’t through hard work

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs are still the best current sport team I support in all sports even when this has happened today yo

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs are still the best current sport team I support in all sports even when this has happened today yo
Makes sense. I mean, you only started supporting Newie about a week ago, yeah?

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comparing it to our collective real world isn’t helpful.
I haven’t played first grade so wouldn’t know what works with athletes / bodies / injuries / mental fatigue etc

Time is running for Ciraldo - we failed to attract Haas, Tino - is that because they also do not believe in CC?

He has next year to start winning or the wheel will turn on him.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
CCs biggest problem is simple. He plays favourites, he looks for every reason to keep Okunbor and Perham in and denies chances to players like Skelton.

Why would anyone work hard for a coach when it’s clear as day the way to FG isn’t through hard work
Or could it just be that he rewards players for effort and attitude?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
including an apparent expectation players should be around training from 8am to 5:30pm.
I’m sure Grub said in an interview recently they rock up much later than that. I was actually surprised because it was around noon. If they’re expected to be there during the hours published, big deal. Some people get up at 3am to go to work etc.

Reactions: J_B

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Or could it just be that he rewards players for effort and attitude?
Okunbor's attitude in defence is disgraceful to say the least yet he's among the first picked every time?

What exactly has Perham shown? He's been given the most chances out of anyone and is arguably one of our worst backs. The moment Averillo moved to the back we instantly looked better.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what fucking happens when you turn down a most proven coach who made it public he WANTED to coach the bulldogs. Key word WANT!! So many of you were not keen be use of the connection with his son. Yet yesterday Kyle came on, moments after Coming on he goes over for a try. Then every touch after that put whole hearted effort even though the game was gone long ago.

CC is fucking useless,Gus had a chance and didn’t take it an took this rookie over him.. thinking he would be the next big thing.. seems like a trend. And it failed.
Dragon for premier 2024! Bet ya house on it!