Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
RFM manager doing the dirty work.

There will be more to come. They are going to really drag Gus and CC through the dirt over the next month. This will test a lot of fans on here lol
Were rfm Sutton and topine at the game yesterday?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Without buying into this "sms" players should be expected to train/review/be available as its crucial, I doubt that every minute of that is hardcore either.

They would spend many hours sitting and reviewing their games and I'm sure others too, talk about being entitled. Fox out of them all will know what its like to be pushed hard coming from a storm system so it should be a walk in the park for him.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Awwww the poor fucking babies....getting paid 6 figures that doctors get to save people's lives to play a kids game.

Thoughts and prayers for them.
I’ve been saying this for a while player’s these days are so sensitive.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d love to see this SMS. I smell BS because if they had it they’d publish it.

But the players having a sook about needing to be in there 8:30-5. Are they kidding? That’s a normal 8hr day. Yet some days they’d be sitting down doing video. They’d have their lunch cooked for them. Would be some down time during their day. Field sessions what, 2hrs? Weight sessions similar time. Not like they’re getting flogged 8hrs a day. Deadset. Come work a real day as a tradie where you’re on site at 7am. Non stop hard work, half hour for a cold lunch, then work until 5. Then come home and still be struggling to put food on the table.

I don’t feel a connection to this team anymore.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were rfm Sutton and topine at the game yesterday?
Sutton was there. He was down meeting sone junior teams that were in the stands after the NSW Cup game with Patolo, Hayward and Samrani.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You could argue that Burton, Kikau, Mahoney and Fox have been the worst culprits of lazy play and bad attitude on the field and none of them are going anywhere. They're our highest paid players, meant to be our leaders and are all Origin calibre but they play like Reserve Graders and look like they don't want to be there..

All of them deserve a tonne of criticism but all of your posts seem to absolve Ciraldo of any blame and make it seem like he has no control over any of this until he gets rid of the duds, which just isn't true.

As I keep saying, there's plenty of blame to go around and if Ciraldo was half the coach he's meant to be or that you think he is, then we wouldn't be in this situation.
It's a classic example of chicken or the egg; are the players playing like shit cause Ciraldo isn't good enough or is Ciraldo not good enough cause the players are shit?

It's a combination of both but if I had to pin the fault on anyone its Ciraldo more than anything. You've got guys there who are premiership winners and elite representative players literally playing like reserve graders. Yes we can pin it on them but it's up to a coach to get the best of the players he has in front of him.

Look at what Andrew Webster has done at the Warriors; he took a team from SECOND LAST to 3rd place in just one season. But more importantly also look at what he has done with the players individually. He's gotten Shaun Johnson lined up for a potential Dally M, average players like Jackson Ford, Mitch Barnett, Wayde Egan, playing their best footy etc. Can we honestly say that anyone in our team has improved under Ciraldo?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This all comes down to vetting the players properly before we sign them, for us this is difficult because we don't have them lined up to pick from.

We still need to make sure the players are fit for the club regardless, I'd rather take a player who may lack some talent but has the drive to perform week in week out and improve over a player who has talent and is lazy and has zero drive like most of ours.

A mediocre coach can do much more with driven players vs a great coach can do with laziness (look at some of Bellamys failed attempts).

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM manager doing the dirty work.

There will be more to come. They are going to really drag Gus and CC through the dirt over the next month. This will test a lot of fans on here lol
What fans… them same fans already dragging Gus and CC through the mud.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s why players from the early days worked physical jobs and in between trained and played there guts out and never whinged.
Now players are so soft, they have to be treated carefully.
No where near the same level.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting to look like the guy is just not an NRL coach. It's fine for him to flog the players but if the results don't come he'll lose the dressing room. From those images at halftime yesterday, he's lost the dressing room. Gone by mid next year I'm afraid.
yep so the dogs will get rid of a coach 1 year into his 5 year contract

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No where near the same level.
Get shrek in his peak to run at any player in today’s game see what happens.
Look at 80s and 90s players played 100% of their abilities .
Todays players have a sook and won’t perform.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like they sense there's problems in the dressing room and threw this vague and bullshit rumour against the wall to see what sticks.

It's obvious there are massive issues at the club and players aren't responding to Ciraldo. It's easy to say the players are shit, soft, lazy etc and it's all true.. But the coach also deserves a lot of blame for creating an environment where that's gotten worse over the season and our best players are the worst culprits and now look like fringe first graders.
sounds like the players need to harden the fuk up..imagine these players under the training regime of bellamy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Get shrek in his peak to run at any player in today’s game see what happens.
Look at 80s and 90s players played 100% of their abilities .
Todays players have a sook and won’t perform.
He would get dropped

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What fans… them same fans already dragging Gus and CC through the mud.
This shit just the beginning we need the shift and it is happening but the so called “faithful” already have the swords drawn. Glad we have strong team in Gus and CC should weather the shit storm of politics internally and disgruntled fans on here to turn things around. With the Media “Let the games begin” power shift thanks to forums like this people seeing the narrative quite clearly.