Argh!! Where did The Kennel go?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For those wondering why "the site went down today", it technically didn't, it relocated.

I was in contact with Nash (who looks after this side of things), and the reason we were down, is good news.

The site has now ventured over the pacific and is located in Singapore.

During this time, some ISPs nameservers have been slack as hell to notice and react to the change, but within 24hrs it should all resolve.

Google and some ISPs have changed already, and by ame day we should all be good again.

Please report any noticed issues/speed concerns/timeouts to moderators to pass onto admins, though hopefully none will be required/noticed.

Cheers :grinning:

- The Kennel Moderation and Administration Team

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It would have been offline during the transition (probably earlier this morning).

Some ISPs though (like the one you are on), have propogated to the new server much faster.

Telstra (typical Bigpond) is still dragging the chain so I've had to use Googles nameservers in the interim.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I was wondering why I couldn't login thought it was my internet

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Server upgrade and relocation. Should be faster now. - habs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As a heads up, Telstra (via its own DNS Server) is now resolving correctly.

Server certainly feels nice and responsive/brisk.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings from Kenya - it sure was down and it sure is quicker. Thanks :grinning:

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought that was the case after doing a WHOIS yesterday on thekennel.net.au and seeing it was using a server located in Singapore.

No surprise Telstra DNS servers took the bloody longest to switch over. lol

Can definitely tell there's a big difference in speed on The Kennel now. Great job guys.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
just got access today.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would have been offline during the transition (probably earlier this morning).

Some ISPs though (like the one you are on), have propogated to the new server much faster.

Telstra (typical Bigpond) is still dragging the chain so I've had to use Googles nameservers in the interim.
I was having withdrawal symptoms and was delighted to be able to log on and view this morning. Now off to Sydney today in preparation for the Drag queens game tomorrow.