Are we wrong to bag our own players - or is it constructive criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
We are at the bottom of the table again , and going to miss out on the semi's again , Ive watched the bulldogs for 30 years and could count on one hand how many times that has happened . My question is ; is it mean to question our players performance or is it not on /

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
We are at the bottom of the table again , and going to miss out on the semi's again , Ive watched the bulldogs for 30 years and could count on one hand how many times that has happened . My question is ; is it mean to question our players performance or is it not on /
see theres questioning our players performance as u say and theres the morons on here who think slamming our players and our coach every chance they get, it is a down right disgrace

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Contrasting the way we played last year and the way we played this year questions should be asked.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Some people tread the fine line between constructive and destructive criticism. Some do both in a blabbering rant.

Probably only thing that bothers me a lot here is a lot of people's fix for a problem is to remove it. Dont train the player, or give him some time to adjust to the role, someone plays bads one week and its "sack him".

I do beleive though we have the right to whinge if the players are playing below what we know they are capable of (after 2009) just as much as we would rave about them if they played well.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
see theres questioning our players performance as u say and theres the morons on here who think slamming our players and our coach every chance they get, it is a down right disgrace
Some blokes on here have agendas ( im one of them ) but at the end of the day , if you follow the bulldogs , and live the bulldogs , you are going to be upset if they lose . But guys who go after performers like Benny Barba and Jamal Idris need to have a look in the mirror .
All I know is if we get beaten , sometimes it takes me a few days to get over it

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
The fans have every right to be upset when the team plays the way they did and someone has to take the blame..
This season is just not good enough all these blokes get paid top dollar to do what they do and im sure most fans understand that you cant be the best team every year and all teams at some time have highs and lows.. BUT the way we started this 1st half of the season was just NOT acceptable they didnt even look like they wanted to play and didnt look like they even gave a rats asss about the fans

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
Some blokes on here have agendas ( im one of them ) but at the end of the day , if you follow the bulldogs , and live the bulldogs , you are going to be upset if they lose . But guys who go after performers like Benny Barba and Jamal Idris need to have a look in the mirror .
All I know is if we get beaten , sometimes it takes me a few days to get over it
im with u dont worry it takes me a coupke of days go get over it aswell, like for example last year when we got knocked out of the finals by parra i refused to talk to anyone for the rest of the night and didnt turn my phone on till 2 days later everyone in my family and friends know that i bleed blue and white so they like to have a shot wen we lose but that night i would have lost the plot if i didnt do what i did

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
I don't see any great problem with attacking a player's performance- but there's no need for personal attacks

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
The fans have every right to be upset when the team plays the way they did and someone has to take the blame..
This season is just not good enough all these blokes get paid top dollar to do what they do and im sure most fans understand that you cant be the best team every year and all teams at some time have highs and lows.. BUT the way we started this 1st half of the season was just NOT acceptable they didnt even look like they wanted to play and didnt look like they even gave a rats asss about the fans
im not baging u mate but u are grosley misinformed on how much players get paid they dont all get paid 100k plus each every year if that was the case we would be sitting where the storm is atm

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they play crap they should be ass kicked after the game but if you continue to critisize someone they wont perform and it will your own fault.
Encouragement breeds aspiration and a positive playing attitude.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm sure I've said some dumb sh1t on here before. I try not to it's not a good look.

I never boo them, but at the same time I think it's a fans right, you paid the money to get in.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Losing last week to Parra was tough but lets face it boys , we were blown off the park in the 1st ten minutes , the game the week before against the chooks rocked me personally bacause not only did they get some crook ref calls - but we had that game one and we couldnt close it out . We had the misfortune to listen to the ABC radio call on they drive home from Ballina NSW - The Wok made it even worse with his interpretation of the days events .
Look the NRL is a very tough competion , but fair suck of the sav , we should at least be mid table on the ladder

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
im not baging u mate but u are grosley misinformed on how much players get paid they dont all get paid 100k plus each every year if that was the case we would be sitting where the storm is atm
what player in our current team would be on less than 100k?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
If supporting the Bulldogs means you're reliant on "winning" you are NOT my type of fan.

Certain people dont count a year successful unless we WIN the whole comp.
Others need us to make finals to be satisfied.
Anything less is a failure.

To me, that sh*t is crazy talk, and living like this is a recipe for mental illness. Where's the fun ??? - You're constantly living with anxiety and trashed expectations !!!

It's taken some time to adapt, but right now I dont need a win in order to have fun, or feel like Bulldogs rule. - The club is so much more than the game coming up next week, or the one the week before.

So while it's somewhat important that the Bulldogs do well week-in week-out, at the end of the day a "finals campaign" makes me happy that the year went to plan. Most important to me is that we "compete" as a unit. It makes the losses easier to handle knowing the boys gave a proper crack.

This year we have shot ourselves in the foot so many times there's no toes left !

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
If supporting the Bulldogs means you're reliant on "winning" you are NOT my type of fan.

Certain people dont count a year successful unless we WIN the whole comp.
Others need us to make finals to be satisfied.
Anything less is a failure.

To me, that sh*t is crazy talk, and living like this is a recipe for mental illness. Where's the fun ??? - You're constantly living with anxiety and trashed expectations !!!

It's taken some time to adapt, but right now I dont need a win in order to have fun, or feel like Bulldogs rule. - The club is so much more than the game coming up next week, or the one the week before.

So while it's somewhat important that the Bulldogs do well week-in week-out, at the end of the day a "finals campaign" makes me happy that the year went to plan. Most important to me is that we "compete" as a unit. It makes the losses easier to handle knowing the boys gave a proper crack.

This year we have shot ourselves in the foot so many times there's no toes left !
CLAP CLAP CLAP i could not agree with u more people should read what u wrote and take a look at them selves in the mirror and ask them selves am i a true bulldogs supporter coz u my friend are

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Captain Obvious .... While there are things I agree with in your post , I dare say you would be alone in others , no one would doubt you are a true supporter ; but for anyone to expect someone eg a fan to front up with there money to watch a game only to be happy for there team to turn up is misguided .
Most people who watch rugby league and who follow a team at least want to know there team is at least a chance to win . If you want to follow a team who is there just to make up the numbers go follow Cronulla . I dare say our front office wouldnt be happy if the players dont perform as the sponsors and cashflow has a massive impact .
Im not a competetive person , and I dont judge a season in not making / winning a GF a fail - but running last - 2nd last a massive fail when you look at all the behind the seens hard work gone in

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have a history of success.Success through tough uncompromising forwards laying it down for other teams to fear.Noone likes playing us because we're good.We're good because we have the right mentality.2010 has shown just how far we have come away from the things that make us great.If that disappoints me and players are picked out of form,or just not up to standard imo then I will piss and moan no doubt.But if I didn't love em I wouldn't bother and neither would anyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.