Are We Still Turning Our Backs on Mason???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
When the big "Willie" and the rorters run out are we still gonna turn our backs in a sort of silent protest, everyone wont do it but if we get enough people in one section to do it, people will notice.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Im definately up for doing it. i mean if we can get everyone in the members bays to do it, it be a great statement.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Yeh i agree, everyone in he kennel section, turn your back on Willie when he runs out, no Boo's etc. just be silent and turn around.

D

D0ggyStylz

i dont think it will work. This needs a lot of publicity to get it working.

Maybe get Wiedler to talk to you. Get on the footy show etc

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
i dont think it will work. This needs a lot of publicity to get it working.

Maybe get Wiedler to talk to you. Get on the footy show etc
I agree.

The only way its going to work now is if you get the media in on the act writing articles and get it mentioned on the footy show.

If someone has the energy and time then im sure there's more than a few journalists who would love to run this story.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather a defening BOOOO, and MASON'S A ****** chant than turning our backs on the pr!ck

A

A_C

You need James Phelps to log onto the kennel now - maybe he can give it some publicity :p if you really wanted to.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mason fires up on that **** hence the silent protest.
Let him fire up. If our whole team isn't fired up for this game then there is something wrong with them. If the players see how badly we hate Mason through our boo's and chants then maybe they will want to smash him even more and put in an even bigger effort.

A

A_C

Let him fire up. If our whole team isn't fired up for this game then there is something wrong with them. If the players see how badly we hate Mason through our boo's and chants then maybe they will want to smash him even more and put in an even bigger effort.
The idea is that mason will be expecting to be boo'd etc. So instead we do the opposite and not even acknowledge he is there. Maybe just standing silent would be better.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The idea is that mason will be expecting to be boo'd etc. So instead we do the opposite and not even acknowledge he is there. Maybe just standing silent would be better.
lol but that's boring. Every home game the atmosphere is pretty dull and quiet. This is a rare oppertunity to make some serious noise. There's going to be large sections of the crowd booing anyway so it will kind of defeat the purpose of the silent protest. The only way it will be really effective is if the whole crowd will do it, and that is going to be extremely difficult to achieve.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
email channel nine. see what happens

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Email James Phelps he would be able to write something about it if he can get a good spin on the story.

-313-

My Mates an I are still doing it, I think It's a classy move, and would be unexpected. The d1ckhead would be expecting the boos, and he will be fired up to feed off it, but if we turn our back on him in a silent protest it will be pure class.
besides you can always boo him for the next 80 minutes.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Aye cee....or others...can someone help me get James Phelps email address or any of the guys from the Telegraph?

The telegraph love running those insights into the fans perspective on things, so im guessing they'll love to give it some publicity. I'm happy to send an email to em.

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
How about fliers? Like handing them to all doggies supporters we can see? If we collectiveley all have the same one and hand it out to as many people as we can before the game, that might work?

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
you can possibly contact the footy show to get a wider audience to perform the "turning your backs" action

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
we better be doing it......dont get all soft now !

Status
Not open for further replies.