Are we Overtraining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its seems unlikely that our team wouldn't get their arse's kicked during training, plus with the Facility we have and the new chamber for recovery. Obviously I have no idea how they train but we have looked
very tired and sluggish compared to last year.

Overtraining syndrome frequently occurs in athletes who are training for competition or a specific event and train beyond the body's ability to recover. Athletes often exercise longer and harder so they can improve. But without adequate rest and recovery, these training regimens can backfire, and actually decrease performance.

Probably making excuses for our poor form but its just a thought.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its funny you mention it because i asked my regular psychic hotline that same question and she said yes they are over training

tbh we have collapsed in some games like against manly but its not a clear pattern of fatigue because we have also finished some games off strongly like against the warriors and roosters

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Handling errors are not helping, repeat sets in defence always equals tired looking team.

inside-doggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
i think Ennis mentioned that Des gave them 4 days off during the bye so i doubt the players weren't rested

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
its funny you mention it because i asked my regular psychic hotline that same question and she said yes they are over training

tbh we have collapsed in some games like against manly but its not a clear pattern of fatigue because we have also finished some games off strongly like against the warriors and roosters
I've seen fighters gas after one round even though they had a perfect training camp, only to realise later on after tests they were over-training.

Also you should try the love psychics, Does your partner really love you?

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
We have a sports scientist that monitors the players to ensure they don't over or under train.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are we Overtraining?

Actually I think its the opposite. In every game I watch its:

No variation in attack
No hope last tackle options
Totally lost in the oppositions 10 metre
No speed off the line defence
No short passing rushes among the forwards
No aggression
No focus
No commitment

What's happening is they're dieing of boredom!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
They arent fit enough so Id say they are undertraining!

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
tbh the players don't look interested!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Why didn't you ask for this week's lotto numbers?

N

Natboy

Judging by all of the handling errors I think we are playing too much basketball at training

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's obvious we are over training. Too much skill is being shown.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think their minds are elsewhere. They might be still living in the shadow on last year.

Might need some players dropped to NSW cup & bring in others that are focused. A bit of fresh blood!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If the problem was overtraining, I'd imagine the team would look fatigued at times, not clueless at all or most times...hehe our kickers have trained for so many kicking options they are crippled by confusion over what to do, so they just close their eyes, blindly put boot to ball and hope for the best.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Are we Overtraining?

Actually I think its the opposite. In every game I watch its:

No variation in attack
No hope last tackle options
Totally lost in the oppositions 10 metre
No speed off the line defence
No short passing rushes among the forwards
No aggression
No focus
No commitment

What's happening is they're dieing of boredom!

Status
Not open for further replies.