Are we over reacting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First I want to state that yes we played like shit last night, and I was fucking posses off with how we played.

BUT

I honestly think it isn't as bad. That 1st 40 by the cows was phenomenal. That was the best half of football by any team, in a long long time. Other teams would have been down by 40 at HT. We defended hard, and ultimately that took a toll on us, hence the shit dished up in the 2nd 40.

People bagging our halves, let it go. Even if we had JT as our halfback last night, he woulda done fuck all because our forwards got raped last night. No enthusiasm, soft running, getting dominated, allowing quick play the balls, slow line speed. Cows did opposite to that and that's why JT was on fire. He had so much time on the 5th tackle as our defence was retreating.

Last night was a very very steep learning curve. We learnt a lot about our team, and what it takes to win a premiership. The Cowboys were simply awesome.

I would hate to be the dragons next week, we will be fired up. I have faith in the boys, this is hopefully a blip on the radar. We will find out when we meet the cows again at Belmore in Rd 25. Then I'll judge the boys. Until then, go the dogs!

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
if we cannot beat the dragons we don't deserve to be in the 8 even with these halves

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No we aren't over reacting and I don't buy all this crap how phenomenal the cows were our dropped balls 11 of them plus some terrible defence mainly from perret handed them the game ,we lost that game ourselves

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
not sure how many premiership contenders got flogged by 36 just weeks out from finals ??

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
67% completion rate vs 85% is a lot of ball in JT's hands.
6 line drop outs on the back of his awesome kicking game.
Hats off to them, hopefully we grow from it.
whats a goal line drop out ?? im sure ive seen one before but im not sure where ??

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
not sure how many premiership contenders got flogged by 36 just weeks out from finals ??
I cant find any, teams that made the GF yes, but not teams that won the GF. Storm got beat 40-12 in round 18 2012 but they were missing Slater and Smith at the time.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd almost guarantee we won't see another game this year where we cough up the ball on every attacking opportunity. I'd like to think that had we not made 11 unforced errors we would have competed. Maybe would have still lost, but we visibly turned into shit on the back of all that dropped ball.

I'll never think we're out of premiership contention until its absolutely impossible. It sucks that we dropped out of the top four, but life will go on and next week is a new chance to redeem themselves after that loss.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some maybe are overreacting a bit. But I have also learned that what one person calls an overreaction, another will call normal behaviour.

Last night we were hammered in the first half by a team playing perfect footy. But if we hadn't fluffed our first couple of chances and actually got some possession/momentum the game could have been a lot closer.

Not putting on a single try is bad, and embarrassing, but by the time Thurston hurt himself, the players were just too rooted.

As I said on another thread, the team will hopefully learn something and not allow it to happen again - only then will the loss have been worth it.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Brisbane got belted 44-14 by manly in rd21 last year. Manly didn't make the 8 last year...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not overreacting in 95 we did get beaten by 26 nil against Manly then beat them in GF.. apart from individual errors Perrett etc our attack is a shambles and will be shown up by the better sides

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In 95 we got smashed by the Knights 42-0 and went on to win I'm not saying we will but anything is possible.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
we got flogged round 24 or 25 if I remember in 2012 against Canberra raiders.
34-6 Round 25. And, like Townsville, home ground advantage played a part - it was bloody freezing.

Raiders finished the year in 6th place.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I should of said premiers LOL .. no ones provided a premier yet

Status
Not open for further replies.