are we headed down the same road as SOUTH SYDNEY once were ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_sab

Ballboy
Reaction score
can a mod del or ban ppl making new threads that have been done a million times.. and also ones that create a lot of negativity. It's Fcuking ridiculous how negative some ppl can be. You guys have obviously no hope in yourselves so you brag on about why ur footy team isn't doing well.

Get the Fcuk ovr it. Bulldogs are fine! They're our team for fcuk's sake. Support them through the highs and the lows.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
can a mod del or ban ppl making new threads that have been done a million times.. and also ones that create a lot of negativity. It's Fcuking ridiculous how negative some ppl can be. You guys have obviously no hope in yourselves so you brag on about why ur footy team isn't doing well.

Get the Fcuk ovr it. Bulldogs are fine! They're our team for fcuk's sake. Support them through the highs and the lows.
i second that.

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
awesome post M8 , spot on too i reckn, so if my math is correct (which it probably isnt) we should be grand finalists in 2010 & premiers in 2011,
thats if history repeats itself i guess, 2010 will kinda suck if it does tho
It's a little harder to build to a premiership these days due to Salary Cap restrictions. 2011 is the year I think no matter if we make a GF in 2010.

80fic...

D_SAB for Mod

I agree 100% with this comment

Mo_Idriss

MeaN MachinE
Reaction score
FFS this is ****in ridiculous, every ****in thread I read the sky is ****ing falling in, you lot are pathetic and dont desere to call yourselves bulldogs supporters.

You cant expect to win the premiership every season, and if you thought we were serious contenders you are deluded.

Well farking said

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
we cant always win premierships..there are gonna be stages that we are gonna encounter a rebuilding phase ffs...i dont care if we dont make the 8 but if we can unearth some new faces and give the young guys in our team now some FG experience then in the long run imo this will benefit us...it just takes time things cant just change overnight

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this site had of been around from 1989 to 1992 there would have been rioting in the streets. I have a theory on all of this that our current situation is very similar to those years

1988 - Premiers.
1989 - Pretty bad injury toll and didn't make the finals.
1990 - Bad Injury toll again with Paul Dunn & Andrew Farrar missing a big part of the year. Struggled under new coach and new capatin in Terry Lamb. Our Captain Peter Tunks leaves for Penrith.
1991 - Cleanout time, Rebuilding begins. Langmack, Gillespie, Farrar, Thomas, Alchin & Dunn all leave. Future Stars make their mark in 1st Grade. Pay, Gillies, McCracken, Matthew Ryan, Darren Smith under the direction of Terry Lamb. We win the U/21's Presidents Cup. Jason Smith, Darren Senter, Craig Polla-Mounter, Robert Relf & Glen Hughes all part of the win.
1992 - A mediocre year but did include wins against eventual GF teams Brisbane & St George. Young players still adapting to 1st Grade.
1993 - Another year under the belt and the recruitment of Jim Dymock, Scott Wilson, Jim Sedaris & Martin Bella see us suprising Minor Premiers. Experience costs us in the Finals.
1994 - Minor Premiers again. Recruitment of Britt, Halligan & Hetherington and we get even closer to our goal.
1995 – Premiers

2004 (1988) - Premiers. Price, Thurston, Feeney & Scott all leave. The emergence of SBW, Tonga and Maitua
2005 (1989) - Pretty bad injury toll and didn't make the finals. Anasta, Harris leave
2006 (1991) - Although competitive and a whisker from the GF we were still well short of Brisbane & Melbourne. A better year than I thought we would have. Myles & Asotasi leave.
2007 (1992) – Competitive but rarely exciting. Harold Matthew win, SG Ball make the finals, Jersey Flegg make the Finals, Premier League make the finals. The emergence of talent is starting to come through similar to the early 90’s. Mason & O’Meley leave
2008 (1993) – Whilst we won’t be Minor premiers this year, we are headed in the right direction. Harold Matthews will make the finals, SG Ball are likely to go undefeated, u/20’s are top 4 contenders and you never know, we may just sneak in to the finals in 1st Grade.

I for one am feeling really positive about our future. Young CEO with fresh ideas, young coaches in Kevin Moore, Jim Dymock & Andy Patmore and young players coming through plus some cash to spend on recruitment. I’m predicting a 2011 or 2012 premiership for the Dogs and a lot of excitement watching it evolve.
thats a fukn awesome post hit the nail on the head our thinking is somewhat identical,rebuilding takes time and long term planning just gotta be patient and enjoy watching any new talent uncovered along the way to glory.it will be the club's job to identify talent that is a "must keep" as part of the long term plan

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
i say we buy back johnathan thurston .... thurston and roberst halfs combo ... unstoppable pwo0ahhhH
never that bitc* thurston is a coward and no coward shall play for the dogs.

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
thats a fukn awesome post hit the nail on the head our thinking is somewhat identical,rebuilding takes time and long term planning just gotta be patient and enjoy watching any new talent uncovered along the way to glory.it will be the club's job to identify talent that is a "must keep" as part of the long term plan
Glad you enjoyed it. We are the luckiest supporters in the comp. Our team is always competitive, the only exception being 2000 & 2005 when injuries cruelled us.

Banksie

Prezzies grade
Reaction score
If this site had of been around from 1989 to 1992 there would have been rioting in the streets. I have a theory on all of this that our current situation is very similar to those years

1988 - Premiers.
1989 - Pretty bad injury toll and didn't make the finals.
1990 - Bad Injury toll again with Paul Dunn & Andrew Farrar missing a big part of the year. Struggled under new coach and new capatin in Terry Lamb. Our Captain Peter Tunks leaves for Penrith.
1991 - Cleanout time, Rebuilding begins. Langmack, Gillespie, Farrar, Thomas, Alchin & Dunn all leave. Future Stars make their mark in 1st Grade. Pay, Gillies, McCracken, Matthew Ryan, Darren Smith under the direction of Terry Lamb. We win the U/21's Presidents Cup. Jason Smith, Darren Senter, Craig Polla-Mounter, Robert Relf & Glen Hughes all part of the win.
1992 - A mediocre year but did include wins against eventual GF teams Brisbane & St George. Young players still adapting to 1st Grade.
1993 - Another year under the belt and the recruitment of Jim Dymock, Scott Wilson, Jim Sedaris & Martin Bella see us suprising Minor Premiers. Experience costs us in the Finals.
1994 - Minor Premiers again. Recruitment of Britt, Halligan & Hetherington and we get even closer to our goal.
1995 – Premiers

2004 (1988) - Premiers. Price, Thurston, Feeney & Scott all leave. The emergence of SBW, Tonga and Maitua
2005 (1989) - Pretty bad injury toll and didn't make the finals. Anasta, Harris leave
2006 (1991) - Although competitive and a whisker from the GF we were still well short of Brisbane & Melbourne. A better year than I thought we would have. Myles & Asotasi leave.
2007 (1992) – Competitive but rarely exciting. Harold Matthew win, SG Ball make the finals, Jersey Flegg make the Finals, Premier League make the finals. The emergence of talent is starting to come through similar to the early 90’s. Mason & O’Meley leave
2008 (1993) – Whilst we won’t be Minor premiers this year, we are headed in the right direction. Harold Matthews will make the finals, SG Ball are likely to go undefeated, u/20’s are top 4 contenders and you never know, we may just sneak in to the finals in 1st Grade.

I for one am feeling really positive about our future. Young CEO with fresh ideas, young coaches in Kevin Moore, Jim Dymock & Andy Patmore and young players coming through plus some cash to spend on recruitment. I’m predicting a 2011 or 2012 premiership for the Dogs and a lot of excitement watching it evolve.
very good analysis Bashman - I'm a firm believer of life cycles and that history always gives pointers to the future - good post footyguru!

A

A_C

Don't have an opinion people - you simply cannot comment on the negatives at canterbury. We must all hold hands and sing kumbya.

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
very good analysis Bashman - I'm a firm believer of life cycles and that history always gives pointers to the future - good post footyguru!
Thanks Banksie, You could even make a case for the post-Stuart/Clyde/Britt/Hetherington era leading up to 2004. Every club goes through it. We are just more successful at it than most.

matodorx

SNAAAAAAAKE!!!
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this d1ckhead pron.star every thread and every post he mkes is about the dowfall of the dogs and hazem and how **** they are and how bad they are and so on and so forth, ffs say something positive you noob.
I think we all should start look at positives,the team is heading into rebuilding mode at the moment,and it could be a while to we get the right mix,we all want wins each week ,and we had to see negative **** about our team in the papers but for every sack holdsworth,hickeys too slow thread we need an equal ammount of positive too-any suggestions?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Thanks Bashman. Youre a breath of fresh air amongst the smog of stupidity. If we were a 'Melbourne' team, I wonder if this forum would actually exist? LOL

Senorita

fabulosa
Reaction score
ok so we lose a few games, have a few managing issues and we getting compared to the souths trouble? no way coz we getting back on the success wagon.. souths had years and years of troubles and got kicked out, we can never be compared to that..

Status
Not open for further replies.