are the Morris boys past it

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
is it time to let the Morris twins go? if we are having a cleanout and starting fresh should we move them on and free up some cash?

both seem to be injury prone and have no where near the speed they once had....put it this way.....if the Morris boys were a car.......would you drive out of town in them or would you be too shit scared of breaking down

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
They are not receiving good ball and this comes down to Des Ball.

You can see what the morris brothers are capable of doing when they have room.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Perhaps we could combine them somehow? Like when you buy two old cars and take the good parts of each one to hopefully make a decent car.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we finally get a quality playmaker like Foran I'm more then confident the Morris bro's will lift.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah they are being honest

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think they still have something to offer. Get them outside a good half, with space and early ball and they're still pretty dangerous.
However, I think they're past being guaranteed a spot in the team. They should have to earn the spot in the preseason and if they break down, they'll have to come back though reserves.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brett is the better one. But he spends as long on the side line as he does on the field. Josh gets through a lot more games but apart from defence doesn't do too much more with ball in hand (a lot has to do with our style of play).

I think 2018 they are off contract. At 32 I wouldn't renew them. That should free up 1 mill to get a replacement.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Josh has been shit for a good 3 or 4 years now Brett has still got it but for how long im not sure

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jmoz should lose about 5 to 10 kgs and he might find extra pace and taje a bit of pressure oof his knees

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cancer has got to them too.

both are being wasted under Des.

both brothers under bellamy or skeletor would be try scoring machines.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No service from the halves ... no early ball

Forwards not laying a good platform

And easily better than anything else we got.. Perett, Hoppa, Holland? LOL

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If the Morris twins get early ball, sure they are a chance of doing something with it. But how many games will it be before one or both of them 'break down' again.

Brett couldn't even survive a game at fullback. Josh had a better season but in saying that, it was pretty mediocre compared to what we are paying him per year.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let them see out their contracts!!! They should go out on their own terms, IMO rugby league owes them that much.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not totally sure when it comes to josh, rarely gets quality ball to do much. Brett definitely isn't past it but i hate the fact that a large chunk of our cap is being spent on a winger who from that position can't really have a large impact on the game and is frequently out injured

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep Brett on wing and Jmoz unfortunately I would let go. Frees up 550k in cap space.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
JOSH MORRIS IS MAYBE SUFFERING FROM LACK OF CLEAN BALL, HE SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN OFF FOR A WHILE,HE HAD A TRY SCORING DROUGHT THERE FOR A WHILE, AND BRETT ON A NON FIRING BULLDOGS SIDE IS WASTED ON THE WING,HE WAS THERE BEST AGAINST PANTHERS UNTIL HE GOT HURT AGAIN,WHICH THEN ASKS THE QUESTION IS BMOZ A CROCK? DOGS HAVE MORE THAN SOLID FORWARD PACK AND BENCH WHAT WE REALLY NEED ARE A HOOKER HALVES AND SAFE WINGERS,SAM PERRETT MADE A HEAP OF MISTAKES ON THE WING, THE BACK 3 AGAINST STORM IN 2012 GF WERE SHOCKING

Status
Not open for further replies.