Are the Dogs re-entering another golden age of goal kicking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know how he kicks them so straight. He does not curve the ball to either side at all which is unusual. Being a right footer most curve it to the left. He has a gift!

For El-Hodko it doesn't matter if he is kicking from the left touch line or right.
Exactly. I know when I used to kick them it would swing naturally from right to left..

hell even when you play the Rugby League games on xbox you need to allow for that when goal kicking lol

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. I know when I used to kick them it would swing naturally from right to left..

hell even when you play the Rugby League games on xbox you need to allow for that when goal kicking lol
I haven't seen someone kick it so straight. Its a gift I tell ya!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Actually Michael Gordon is a dead straight shooter as well

I remember during his Penrith days he was on course to break Hazem's consecutive kick record

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
After Haligan and El Masri we are truly blessed to have the comps best kicker once again.
Pretty feaky shit people.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
This club has been blessed with kickers

Hope he keeps it up, it'll be like when we scored tries and it was an expected 6 points with El Masri kicking
Blessed yes but I don't think it's a coincidence. Haligan is always the kicking coach yes?

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true we have been blessed with sharp shooters. it gives you a lot of confidence where we are guaranteed 6points from almost every try. I truly have good vibes for this season.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true we have been blessed with sharp shooters. it gives you a lot of confidence where we are guaranteed 6points from almost every try. I truly have good vibes for this season.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Chook was the best I have seen and the worst commentator I have listened to. He would have the record of botching up the most cliches in one game. Funny shit.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the way he kicks them too. You can get an idea from the rear camera angle whether it looks good or not as opposed to the guys like Thurston who hook them and you never know until the death.
Thurston is an amazing kicker, his curve reminds me of El-Masri alot and that is something!

I reckon Maloney is probably the best straight kicker in the game at the moment.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't forget, Daryl Halligan Teaches him well, back in Halligan days, he was known for his pin-pointer Conversion kicks....

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As someone else said Michael Gordon is a dead straight kicker too, it works very well because you take away that so called "favoured" side for kicker. Kicking dead straight like they do it doesn't matter what side of the post they are on.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As someone else said Michael Gordon is a dead straight kicker too, it works very well because you take away that so called "favoured" side for kicker. Kicking dead straight like they do it doesn't matter what side of the post they are on.
That's true, but dead straight kickers struggle in windy days cause they can't bend the ball to compensate for the wind,
I recall haz doing it to perfection at shark park years ago in terrible conditions,
A dead straight kicker would have missed it in those conditions,

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've had a good run for so long with some of the best goal kickers the game has seen and if Trent can keep it up he will become one of them too.

The way Trent kicked from the right touch line last night was incredible. Like any right footer he's always missed a few from their, but that kick last night was almost perfect.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Lol, I know, was thinking the same thing,
Get the man a taco not the food variety either, lol,
I am drinking a mexican beer right now that I brewed myself. So, here's to you El Hodko.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's true, but dead straight kickers struggle in windy days cause they can't bend the ball to compensate for the wind,
I recall haz doing it to perfection at shark park years ago in terrible conditions,
A dead straight kicker would have missed it in those conditions,
A dead straight kicker can easily accommodate for the wind too, instead of aiming at the black dot they aim to the left/right depending on the wind. I do agree the bending kickers are better suited to windy days though.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know how he kicks them so straight. He does not curve the ball to either side at all which is unusual. Being a right footer most curve it to the left. He has a gift!

For El-Hodko it doesn't matter if he is kicking from the left touch line or right.
The real test is when it gusty and windy.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On the sunday footy show they were talking up his kicking and trent said he started kicking badly when they fussed over him last year. Lets hope that doesn't happen

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game in mackay was really windy and he missed every single one. Thats when he started kicking badly regardless of the conditions though

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course it is but thats a challenge for any kicker. If the wind is constant & not too strong then you have a chance.

When gusty / windy its best to get players to score next to the posts if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.