Are the Dogs Looking to Buy a New Winger for 2012??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My question is will the bulldogs be contracting a new Left Winger for next season seeing they cant find a stable
Bloke that can do a good job in defence and attack week in week out??

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
I havnt got a problem if they leave wright in there tbh

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We have a winger already that fits that profile.

3 games, 2 tries.
34 runs, 1 line break, 34 hitups.
6 tackles, 2 missed tackles
1 error.

His names Michael Lett and since Moore has departed the club he hasn't been given a fair shot to prove his worth.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still don't understand what Goodwin has done not to be back in first grade. He's been no worse then some of the other pretenders we've had in the side this year.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's faarrr toooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow.
So your willing to worsen the proposition by placing Lett, another player that cant take a bomb, in a position which demands some form of ability to take a bomb, while Goodwin, the safest option there is plays NSW cup?

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So your willing to worsen the proposition by placing Lett, another player that cant take a bomb, in a position which demands some form of ability to take a bomb, while Goodwin, the safest option there is plays NSW cup?
True! Everyone jizz's over Lett ..he can not catch a bomb the online that can catch is Goodwin!

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
True! Everyone jizz's over Lett ..he can not catch a bomb the online** that can catch is Goodwin!
only one!

Kennel on iPhone doest let you edit!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lett has made one first grade error this year.

He CAN catch them (and has caught a heap in NSW Cup including some good ones on the move), and gees I'm sure Goodwin has dropped at least one in first grade. Heck even Slater and Boyd drop the odd bomb.

The bloke hasn't been given a fair run (much like I voiced that Reynolds and Romelo hadn't), and look how both of them are going for us!

What's the use in being able to catch a kick on the full, if you can't run it more than 2m before you get driven back 5?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We dont need wingers. So in answer to the thread question......thats a no.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why waste money trying to buy a winger ffs? It's the least importnat position on the field. And besides we already have capable candidates.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i think we need to worry about our halves before worrying about our backs....we have more than enough to choose from in regards to this

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. I think the club could look at some second grade AFL players. Every one of those guys are super fit, super tall, super fast and have great hands. Obviously you would have to teach them the intricacies of defending on the wing but I recon some of those guys could be a revelation.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The AFL theory is interesting but the effort behind that will be extrodinary. And i dunno i'd just love to have a strong, quick and reliable guy there throughtout the whole season that can catch and tackle. For me Goodwinz the best we got with lett not top far behind but not even them can make the cut so what does that tell u??? We Need a WINGER!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Goodwin should never be seen in 1st grade again. he's been gone for a few weeks and i think people have fogotten just how bad he was the last couple of years

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the reason we are persisting with Wright is because wright is signed for one more season and Lett isn't. Meaning that if we choose to keep Lett then we lose a bit more funds, and the Dogs would rather play a junior, wright or Goodwin next year than re-sign another winger and tie up more money.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
True! Everyone jizz's over Lett ..he can not catch a bomb the online that can catch is Goodwin!
In 2009 Goodwin was terrific on the left wing. He was a brilliant finisher and would always win the contest for the high ball. Now he's lost both of those skills. He's lost a lot of pace and is timid when it comes to contesting the high ball. With Lett, he's strong, fast and and a very good positional player. He's always there to take the pass if the ball comes his way. As for him being weak under the high ball, he's at least as good as Turner and better than Barba and Wright.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't understand what Goodwin has done not to be back in first grade. He's been no worse then some of the other pretenders we've had in the side this year.
Mate, Goodwin's slower than my 80 year old mother in law before she got her hip replaced and his attitude is phucked

NotRayHadley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lett proved very nervous in First Grade and family shouldn't be posting on his behalf.
Goodwin cops a bad rap on here for what reason I don't really know. He has not been replaced by anyone better and the rest of the team have not lifted by his absence. In fact his mate on the left joined him in NSW Cup! His strength under the high ball and willingness to take the ball up and tackle would be welcome in my opinion.
Both he and Morris have suffered from a lack of service and vision from 5/8 and boredom.
If you think we get more speed by having Wright there...put the bong down before posting.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Did u see my post regarding the wolfman in the rumours and signings thread?
U never know

Status
Not open for further replies.