Are people of George's hall better quality than people from greenacre?

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Places with reputation as a Nice area = white area.

Places with reputation as a bad area= multi ethnic area.

Moreso in America but still true here.

Change my mind or tell me I'm right.
It depends on the race of the people and the mix. Growing up in G Hall in the 80s and 90s it had a good mix of anglo , Europeans, asians, middle eastern etc.

I think the issues come when 1 race becomes dominant .

Multiculturalism works well when its balanced with the right mix and demographics . Multiculturalism fails when a race becomes dominant and then not forced to mix as there is no need.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reported.
Do I really need to do the thought experiment of "what if we said this about insertnonwhitegrouphere"?

Youd think you might wanna avoid racial villification after the shitshow of the last few months
In this context it wouldn't be an issue as my comment of "white" is obviously in response to Nasheed's suggestion that crime and non-whites goes hand in hand.

If it was the other way around and Nasheed said that crime was only committed by white people then providing evidence of non-whites committing crime would also not be racist.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It depends on the race of the people and the mix. Growing up in G Hall in the 80s and 90s it had a good mix of anglo , Europeans, asians, middle eastern etc.

I think the issues come when 1 race becomes dominant .

Multiculturalism works well when its balanced with the right mix and demographics . Multiculturalism fails when a race becomes dominant and then not forced to mix as there is no need.
I tend to agree. One of the driving forces of racism is a lack of exposure to other cultures. That's why in child care centres they expose children to as many cultures as possible. When one culture dominates then it's accepted by members of the culture as the norm. Any other culture is seen as different and unknown which leads to fear.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There is definitely junkie bad white areas too.

but my point is, Think Of every nice desirable suburb or place in the USA or Australia and it's always a white area.

I can't think of any multi ethnic area that has a good rep as being desirable.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I tend to agree. One of the driving forces of racism is a lack of exposure to other cultures. That's why in child care centres they expose children to as many cultures as possible. When one culture dominates then it's accepted by members of the culture as the norm. Any other culture is seen as different and unknown which leads to fear.
That's actually a fallacy.
It's been shown that racial tension is much higher in places that are multicultural. There's been tests.

For example The white hipsters in Newtown are the most anti racist but they don't have the life experience of growing up in Greenacre to understand what leads to tension.
Maybe it might work in other races but not in the west.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's been shown that racial tension is much higher in places that are multicultural. There's been tests.

For example The white hipsters in Newtown are the most anti racist but they don't have the life experience of growing up in Greenacre to understand what leads to tension.
Of course. That's like saying that it's been proven that you have the lowest risk of drowning in the desert. If you take away all other cultures and just have one culture then there will be no racial tension. But without exposure to other cultures eventually that group of people will encounter another culture and research has shown that racism is much more likely when these cultures meet due to lack of exposure and lack of understanding.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is definitely junkie bad white areas too.

but my point is, Think Of every nice desirable suburb or place in the USA or Australia and it's always a white area.

I can't think of any multi ethnic area that has a good rep as being desirable.
Eastwood, Chatswood, Haymarket, Ultimo, Rhodes, North Ryde, West Ryde, East Ryde, Putney.

Oddly enough most of Sydney is highly multicultural. It's only when you get to the rural areas that multiculturalism drops.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy to see the research you're talking about though.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Ha !! White hipsters from Newtown might be anti racist they are also greenies, rainbow fans , support climate change ,have smashed avo on toast. Apparently they also support BLM , dont believe in smacking kids,they believe there is a hole in the ozone layer and know everything about life... White hipsters are a fantastic example !! Not.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ha !! White hipsters from Newtown might be anti racist they are also greenies, rainbow fans , support climate change ,have smashed avo on toast. Apparently they also support BLM , dont believe in smacking kids,they believe there is a hole in the ozone layer and know everything about life... White hipsters are a fantastic example !! Not.
You forgot that they also believe that the earth is round. Crazy hipsters.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its the same region but Georges Hall probably had better land value compared to Greenacres high density population central to everything while retaining suburbia.
You cant say one area has better quality people, thats very ignorant as everyone is different making us all the same.
Some city's have more idiots per population than other city's but thats a city thing.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Eastwood, Chatswood, Haymarket, Ultimo, Rhodes, North Ryde, West Ryde, East Ryde, Putney.

Oddly enough most of Sydney is highly multicultural. It's only when you get to the rural areas that multiculturalism drops.
Those are best examples for sure but Eastwood and Chatswood have experienced white flight massively. Compare Eastwood 1989 (there's a YouTube video) to today. They are no longer multi ethnic suburbs. They are 90+ Asian. North Ryde remains white for now. West Ryde is becoming slightly Asianised and there's nothing wrong with the suburb but is it really considered a good area?
Putney is white.
Rhodes is also 85% Chinese and probably in the Eastwood bracket.

Even though I'm nitpicking, what cannot be argued is all those suburbs are Korean/Rich Chinese. They earn the most money after the Jews.
In some ways they should have the best areas but they tend to bring East Asian hygiene to these areas. Eastwood eateries are always being busted by health authorities and you just need to walk around the place to see the unhygienic feel.

However you can never tel me ist ya straight face that Eastwood and the Ryde area are more desirable than the northern beaches, eastern suburbs, Balmain, Drummoyne, Lane Cove, eastern Shire etc

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd also be interested to see how a Japanese area of Sydney would go. Japs ignore Australia for whatever reason but I think they would do well and keep their areas tidy.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd also be interested to see how a Japanese area of Sydney would go. Japs ignore Australia for whatever reason but I think they would do well and keep their areas tidy.
Maybe cause we beat them in ww2

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Those are best examples for sure but Eastwood and Chatswood have experienced white flight massively. Compare Eastwood 1989 (there's a YouTube video) to today. They are no longer multi ethnic suburbs. They are 90+ Asian. North Ryde remains white for now. West Ryde is becoming slightly Asianised and there's nothing wrong with the suburb but is it really considered a good area?
Putney is white.
Rhodes is also 85% Chinese and probably in the Eastwood bracket.

Even though I'm nitpicking, what cannot be argued is all those suburbs are Korean/Rich Chinese. They earn the most money after the Jews.
In some ways they should have the best areas but they tend to bring East Asian hygiene to these areas. Eastwood eateries are always being busted by health authorities and you just need to walk around the place to see the unhygienic feel.

However you can never tel me ist ya straight face that Eastwood and the Ryde area are more desirable than the northern beaches, eastern suburbs, Balmain, Drummoyne, Lane Cove, eastern Shire etc
Balmain and Drummoyne are pretty shit. I lived in both. Newtown is another one. I know it's full of hipsters but walking through there at night isn't a good thing. It's considered one of the most dangerous in Sydney.

Northern beaches are good. But they're near the ocean so it is what it is.

Then you have other high crime areas that are predominantly white like Marrickville.

Then you have areas like Redfern that have the highest crime rates but are multicultural, but even higher crime rates in predominantly white rural areas.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw I live on the otherside of the Hume in between both Georges hall and Greenacre.

Does that make me better than both?

The only thing I hate about driving around this part of Sydney is most of the people who live here are in such a hurry.

Noticed a lot of people have dented in tailends on their motor vehicles?

That tells me they are driving too shit or too many people drive too close on the roads around here or both?

I had someone pull out in front of me on park road.

I locked up and just missed hitting him but had to swere onto wrong side of road and stop traffic!

I had my window wound up yelling abuse at him and he was almost in tears apologising.

I told him straight out if I was of his ethnicity then yes he would be very sorry as Asians are awful drivers.

Its highly unlikely an Asian driver would of avoided an accident in that situation!
They're too heavy footed and aren't ready to slow down on the drop of a hat like me.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
In this context it wouldn't be an issue as my comment of "white" is obviously in response to Nasheed's suggestion that crime and non-whites goes hand in hand.

If it was the other way around and Nasheed said that crime was only committed by white people then providing evidence of non-whites committing crime would also not be racist.
You didn't provide any evidence. You made a sweeping comment about white people on the Central Coast. One that seems at odds with the available data.

Thats also not what he said. He said crime goes "hand in hand" with certain people, he made no mention of exclusivity.

You clearly need to work on your reading comprehension.

But seeing as its okay to make racist remarks as long as it is reproving of other racism, i'll say this:
Has anyone met an aboriginal over the age of 40 with their full set of teeth? They may be the ugliest race of humans on the planet to begin with and they really don't help matter by letting their teeth rot out of their already archaic looking skulls.
Does anyone know if petrol fumes rot your teeth?

This is of course just correcting your horribly racist comments.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You didn't provide any evidence. You made a sweeping comment about white people on the Central Coast. One that seems at odds with the available data.

Thats also not what he said. He said crime goes "hand in hand" with certain people, he made no mention of exclusivity.

You clearly need to work on your reading comprehension.

But seeing as its okay to make racist remarks as long as it is reproving of other racism, i'll say this:
Has anyone met an aboriginal over the age of 40 with their full set of teeth? They may be the ugliest race of humans on the planet to begin with and they really don't help matter by letting their teeth rot out of their already archaic looking skulls.
Does anyone know if petrol fumes rot your teeth?

This is of course just correcting your horribly racist comments.
Not even remotely close. Your comparative statement stereotypes an entire race. My statement stereotyped white skinhead junkies who live in Gosford. It's hard to stereotype such a specific group and impossible for it to be a racial stereotype. I didn't say:

"All white people are..."

I didn't even say:

"All white people in Gosford are..."

That would be pretty stupid to say 'cause it would include me. What I said was:

"Most of the coast is good but there's definitely the areas to avoid. Driving through Gosford in the middle of the day and you'll see packs of anorexic white skinheads with no teeth"

But nice attempt to twist the narrative.

You also seem to have completely missed what Nasheed posted. Nasheed said (and you can see this as it's still there):

"Nasheed here,
Places with reputation as a Nice area = white area.

Places with reputation as a bad area= multi ethnic area.

Moreso in America but still true here.

Change my mind or tell me I'm right"

My response was purely stating that a white area doesn't automatically equal a nice area, or reputation of a nice area.

My statement is in no way racist when discussing Nasheed's point. If that offended any white skinheads then I apologise to those white skinheads. But it definitely wasn't intended to be racist and anyone who construed it that way either has issues with their reading comprehension or is deliberately attempting to make something out of nothing.