Are grubbers banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just want to know why our only two fifth tackle options are the out the back 3rd man plays and cross field kicks.. surely a grubber was a great option in last night's conditions, so why did manly know that but our halves didn't?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
grubbers should be mandatory in those conditions ffs

[video=youtube;TBchk7XJYDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBchk7XJYDQ[/video]

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
grubbers should be mandatory in those conditions ffs

[video=youtube;TBchk7XJYDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBchk7XJYDQ[/video]
Haha thats a perfect example

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Grubbers are risky with the 7 tackle rule on dead balls but yeah, in the mud... Cmon :/

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
reynolds and trent rarely do grubbers its just a bomb to the corner which doesnt work out much considering our wingers are short

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing that pisses off most about the cross field is they take so long to kick it .. by the ttime the ball gets kicked the opposition has set up blockers and we have no chance.. all I ask is that they play what's in front of them and stop being so telegraphed

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We pretty much do the bomb all the time so the other team has to work it off there own line and it is the higher lercentage play. This 7 tackle rule is really killing the grubber, it needs to be changed.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Agree 100%.

The fact Manly's halves capitalised via a better kicking game can be put down to greater amounts of 1st-grade together. The optimist in me says our boys got found out on 5th tackle options due to a comparitive "lack of experience".

BulldogsFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
all we do is bomb bomb bomb hope for the best

getting quite predictable and boring now !

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's the BUSH technique...

Bomb
Until
Something
Happens

Usually f*** all happens.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Never understood the cross field kicks to our short wingers? Surely more often than not the grubber would be the option.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
actually hokko did kick a pearler of a cross-field grubber in origin which led to a dropout (nearly a try). so we know hes capable of it, but maybe des is playing it safe for the time being. i hope this is the case as we need to find different ways to attack otherwise the same thing will happen to us as melbourne did in 2012 g/f :(

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The upsetting thing is that they have plenty of time at training to work the grubber the correct weight on the kick to keep in in play. Or unless Des will slowly bring in the variations as we approach September, I am sure Des is not dumb to enough to keep employing this last tackle option.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The upsetting thing is that they have plenty of time at training to work the grubber the correct weight on the kick to keep in in play. Or unless Des will slowly bring in the variations as we approach September, I am sure Des is not dumb to enough to keep employing this last tackle option.
I thought exactly the same last year... And it never came

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to know why our only two fifth tackle options are the out the back 3rd man plays and cross field kicks.. surely a grubber was a great option in last night's conditions, so why did manly know that but our halves didn't?

bombs werent a bad option in the filthy conditions against Manly but grubbers were a much better options they scored two tries off the back of two Shitty grubbers, look at stuarts try the grubber literally stopped for him coz of the mud.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
bombs werent a bad option in the filthy conditions against Manly but grubbers were a much better options they scored two tries off the back of two Shitty grubbers, look at stuarts try the grubber literally stopped for him coz of the mud.
My point is , we need to mix it up a bit.. our attack is so predictable at the moment, and the worst thing is that every one else knows what 2 expect

Status
Not open for further replies.