Archer admits crucial penalty was incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbb35

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker - first time poster...signed up for our run to the BIG DANCE!

Typical bulls*** from Archer- weel get the call wrong then apologise bla bla bla.

However, everything happens for a reason Dogs fans, picture this....if the Refs got this call correct the scenario changes to:

Dragons ball 30m out with well over a minute to go on the clock (full set of 6).....we couldve lost.

Im not saying im happy with the refs stuffing up, but we got the win....the world works in mysterious ways - if they got the call right, the whole season couldve changed.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Expect the Roosters to receive a penalty in front of the goals if it's a tight game from one of our players holding down too long.. This is basically the only option left for them, since they personally determine how long a player has to get up depending on the team and player making the tackle.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how many more phone a friend (archer) Des has left for the year

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks archer no worries so which game is maxwell reffing this week?
Whichever game it is I hope if there is a penalty awarded and a shot for goal on the cards he makes the kicker take it from the spot at which it was awarded.Did anyone see the one against Lane for the non off side which Widdop moved in just under a metre and forward a tad. Jimmy told the referee and Maxwell said yes we will check it. Jimmy then said "well he's taking it now", even Voss had a bit of a laugh about it. Seriously though I hate the referees because they just have no idea. Hated the smarmy grin on Maxwell's face too as he ruled no try on the Lafai one for obstruction as he crossed his arms and said in a joyful voice " No try......check the obstruction"

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Archer needs to admit his head in front of a speeding bus. Would be the most productive thing he'd do since becoming king of the f*cktards.

A

Alexander the Great

Should be dropped from the entire finals series for a blunder of this magnitude. Learn the rules! It is your one job.
Exactly what i was thinking... does this muppett get dropped this week ?

Widdop moving the ball in to kick it was a fking joke.

Even graham told him and he just ignored it.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters are the most penalised team in the comp IIRC.
Because the penalise on purpose. Whenever their line is staggered and on the back foot, they'll hold down, get penalised then regroup reset their line and start again. It's happened ever since fat chin started coaching them

Malla

Reaction score
Fair enough he got it wrong, and I think Maxwell knew he got it wrong probably a few seconds after he called it (where was the pocket ref and the touch judge here to advise him of the right call) - but surely we need to be able to use the video ref to come back with the right call. Too many times this year we have been ****ed over because ref's can't go back to the video ref. Against the roosters when their winger was about a meter out when he touched the ball, BMoz against Souths when he was a meter inside the field of play and last week.

We are not using out technology as effectively as we should. For me, that's what needs to be looked at here. Maxwell called what he thought he saw from his view which was behind Perrett.

Malla

Reaction score
Because the penalise on purpose. Whenever their line is staggered and on the back foot, they'll hold down, get penalised then regroup reset their line and start again. It's happened ever since fat chin started coaching them
They will struggle with that tactic without JWH.

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whichever game it is I hope if there is a penalty awarded and a shot for goal on the cards he makes the kicker take it from the spot at which it was awarded.Did anyone see the one against Lane for the non off side which Widdop moved in just under a metre and forward a tad. Jimmy told the referee and Maxwell said yes we will check it. Jimmy then said "well he's taking it now", even Voss had a bit of a laugh about it. Seriously though I hate the referees because they just have no idea. Hated the smarmy grin on Maxwell's face too as he ruled no try on the Lafai one for obstruction as he crossed his arms and said in a joyful voice " No try......check the obstruction"
Anyone see early in the second half when Bmoz fumbles a Widdop kick closer to our goal line.

Nabuli jumps on the ball claiming a try. At that moment you can see the touch judge shaking his head which I though he is gesturing a "no try".

Maxwell looks at him with a fookin smile and calls it a "try".

Luckily Bmoz has his hands on the ball.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Anyone see early in the second half when Bmoz fumbles a Widdop kick closer to our goal line.

Nabuli jumps on the ball claiming a try. At that moment you can see the touch judge shaking his head which I though he is gesturing a "no try".

Maxwell looks at him with a fookin smile and calls it a "try".

Luckily Bmoz has his hands on the ball.
That was a rare slip up from Morris, and luckily it didn't cost us, but better that it happened and out of the way, than in a crunch game like the GF

mccawsome

Waterboy
Reaction score
"Cannot rule definitely that nightingale had intentionally played at the football"

Fukn lol what you think nightingale was jumping for??

Practicing high jump? Turkey slapping perret?

NRL come up with better excuses please
If hes not playing at the football isnt he taking out a defender in the air?
For me hes either playing at the football so its a scrum to the dragons or hes not playing at the football so its a penalty to the dogs.
In no way is it a penalty to the Dragons.

mccawsome

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fair enough he got it wrong, and I think Maxwell knew he got it wrong probably a few seconds after he called it (where was the pocket ref and the touch judge here to advise him of the right call) - but surely we need to be able to use the video ref to come back with the right call. Too many times this year we have been ****ed over because ref's can't go back to the video ref. Against the roosters when their winger was about a meter out when he touched the ball, BMoz against Souths when he was a meter inside the field of play and last week.

We are not using out technology as effectively as we should. For me, that's what needs to be looked at here. Maxwell called what he thought he saw from his view which was behind Perrett.
I honestly am at a loss as to when they can or cant use the video to overturn. Seems sometimes they can do it for a scrum, other times they say they cant do it for a scrum. Sometimes its overturned for a penalty, othertimes again they say they cant.
I just dont get it. Seems to be a different rule each week as to what they can overturn and when they cant.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly what i was thinking... does this muppett get dropped this week ?

Widdop moving the ball in to kick it was a fking joke.

Even graham told him and he just ignored it.
Yeah true, how come that hasn't been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.