Arana Taumata charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Penrith Panthers bad boy Arana Taumata faces court after being charged with stealing a prescription pad and falsifying details.

Should Penrith sack him, it will be the fifth club he has received his marching orders from.

Arana Taumata was charged on June 24 - 10 days after the alleged offences took place - and is due in court next week.

Penrith Panthers general manager Phil Gould immediately stood down the 22-year-old journeyman - and it appears his footballing future will remain in limbo until the legal process is complete.

A police spokesman last night said detectives searched Taumata's Constitution Hill home and allegedly found several items of interest.

He was then charged with the theft and falsification of the club doctor's prescription pad, which was allegedly used to obtain behind-the-counter sedatives such as Valium.

Taumata will appear before Parramatta Local Court on Wednesday next week.

None of Taumata's previous club sackings have related to drugs. The new charges represent the most serious off-field incident Taumata has faced in a brief yet turbulent NRL career with seven clubs.

Sacked from the Bulldogs, Storm, Roosters and Broncos, the Kiwi received counselling from Matthew Johns before joining Wests Tigers at the start of last season. He was granted a mid-season release to play with the Cowboys, before they let him join Penrith this year.

But Taumata never played NRL for Penrith and was flown home from an Auckland away match with NSW Cup feeder side Windsor when the controversy broke.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...lsifying-details/story-fn2mcuj6-1226111407252

^^^ Click on the link and surprise surprise the one picture they chose of Arana. Lol

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another massive waste of talent.

PS - i love how they quote the former Bulldog and have a photo of him in a Bulldogs jersey..

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Yeah it's fckt how they mention him as a former Bulldogs player, but then again that is when he really bursted out onto the scene really.. That runaway try against the Chooks is the only thing i remember of him, and his lethal step.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Another massive waste of talent.

PS - i love how they quote the former Bulldog and have a photo of him in a Bulldogs jersey..
That's what I said at the bottom of my post yuleh! lol

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
22yo league journeyman....

Imagine him and Todd Carney playing in the team against the screws 13... throw in Watts and that's a gun side. Whats that movie called again, The longest yard....

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
7 clubs......

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
A waste of talent.

Had the potential to be anything..

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
He never realised what an opportunity he had.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
He had so much talent! Shame he didn't have even close to the same amount of brains. Stupid kid.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
nobodys gonna throw him a get out of jail free card now (pardon the pun)

time to look for a new career, shame to see that talent go to waste but what can you do?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There really is, nothing more to say...

[video=youtube;n6RoOwSKI7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M&[/video]

Dogs need a talented halves player, but he's too high risk.

[video=youtube;09s-c2JVI40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09s-c2JVI40[/video]

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Well it was either going to be a Dogs or a Cowboys jersey...

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO he didnt have the talent some of you are implying he did lol.

No loss, the game wont even know he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.