Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kangaroos squad

Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Will Chambers, Dane Gagai, Tom Trbojevic, Josh Dugan, Valentine Holmes, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Munster, Michael Morgan, James Maloney, Aaron Woods, David Klemmer, Josh McGuire, Andrew Fifita, Jake Trbojevic, Jordan McLean, Boyd Cordner, Matt Gillett, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham, Felise Kaufusi, Cameron Smith, Ben Hunt.

Team would probably look like this-

01. Billy Slater
02. Dane Gagai
03. Josh Dugan
04. Will Chambers
05. Darius Boyd
06. Cameron Munster
07. Cooper Cronk
08. Aaron Woods
09. Cameron Smith (c)(k)
10. David Klemmer
11. Matt Gillett
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Josh McGuire

14. Michael Morgan
15. Wade Graham
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Andrew Fifita

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fucking Boyd n Dugan?
I understand Boyd but Dugan is a joke. Can't believe he made it ahead of James Tedesco, Josh Aldo-Carr and James Roberts

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a club team not the Australian team

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There seriously going to pick fucking Felise Kaufusi over Jackson? WTF
Yes, he has been great this season..Jackson hasn't performed as well this season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jackson has been way better than Frizell

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, he has been great this season..Jackson hasn't performed as well this season.
Jackson has been way better than Frizell

http://www.nrl.com/stats/telstrapremiership/playercomparison/tabid/12694/default.aspx

These stats are over the whole year including the finals games meaning Kaufusi had three more games in which to increase his stats. Look at what he was on the end of too at Melbourne; just about anyone would look good.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kaufusi in front of Jackson is a joke. Jackson has never let his country down. Guess Meninga only picks and sticks if your a Qlder.

and Duggan again??????? What the hell am I missing with this guy? He is not centre

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kaufusi in front of Jackson is a joke. Jackson has never let his country down. Guess Meninga only picks and sticks if your a Qlder.

and Duggan again??????? What the hell am I missing with this guy? He is not centre
Dugan is a ball hog. It was the case of every time he played against us you could guarantee the Dragons attack would grind to a halt because he wanted to make the glory play himself.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smell me Finger has got his head up his ass again.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dugan is a ball hog. It was the case of every time he played against us you could guarantee the Dragons attack would grind to a halt because he wanted to make the glory play himself.
Duggan and Chambers are the worst australian centres pairing in a really long time, if not ever

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't get Cordner. He'll play great in that pack though.
I reckon he goes missing at crunch time, a bit like Hunt does.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the big games bet Meninga will pick Chambers & Gagai in the centre's and probably Boyd and Holmes on the wing (Trbojevic if we're lucky). Mal loves Qld at the best of times and while they keep winning Origin he'll keep picking them as there is little people can say to him.

Kafusi has just about been Melbourne's best player in the semis but disagree that Jackson was overlooked. Problem for Jackson is Cordner is now NSW captain, Graham is good off the bench in attack and defence and even though they're overrated, McGuire and Gillette will never lose their Australian spots under Mal. They were fortunate to be picked the first time, especially McGuire who should never have been picked, although Gillette has since gone on to play very well.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the big games bet Meninga will pick Chambers & Gagai in the centre's and probably Boyd and Holmes on the wing (Trbojevic if we're lucky). Mal loves Qld at the best of times and while they keep winning Origin he'll keep picking them as there is little people can say to him.

Kafusi has just about been Melbourne's best player in the semis but disagree that Jackson was overlooked. Problem for Jackson is Cordner is now NSW captain, Graham is good off the bench in attack and defence and even though they're overrated, McGuire and Gillette will never lose their Australian spots under Mal. They were fortunate to be picked the first time, especially McGuire who should never have been picked, although Gillette has since gone on to play very well.
For me, the backrow should consist of the nsw backrow + the guys that come off the bench.

McGuire and Gillet are completely overrated. McGuire especially.

Queensland should only have a mortgage over the spine and maybe a few backs but the nsw forward pack is the best

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There seriously going to pick fucking Felise Kaufusi over Jackson? WTF
They always favour players who have played for an extra 2-4 weeks (finals). More match fitness.

Plus Gillett is the same as Jackson anyway, was one or the other.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
SO, why did Fafita defect to Tonga?

He carried on about missing out in 2016 because of off field indiscretions, feeling he was unfairly treated. Now he has been chosen and he does not want to represent.He wants to have his cake and eat it too; under guidelines he can still represent NSW, Australia even after playing for one of the lesser nations in Tonga.

Remember this???

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...b/news-story/07c896bacd8bc88b45a069dd05c5009b

The new “no dickheads” policy for representative rugby league, which means a character test will apply when Australian and State of Origin teams are selected in future, is commendable.

Fifita is no adornment to the game. His indefensible, inexplicable behaviour in writing messages of support for Loveridge on his armguard during several games was just the latest in a long line of scandals he has been involved in. The Kangaroos are better off without him.

http://www.nrl.com/graham-stunned-by-fifita-switch/tabid/10874/newsid/113756/default.aspx
Wade Graham admits he was as surprised as anyone to learn Sharks teammate Andrew Fifita had turned his back on the Kangaroos to link up with Tonga for the upcoming Rugby League World Cup.

The Cronulla back-rower – who is on track to make his Australian Test debut after being included in Mal Meninga's World Cup squad – was meant to be driven to the team's hotel in Mascot on Thursday morning by his premiership-winning teammate, only to discover that the barnstorming prop forward had withdrawn from the squad.

Fifita was originally named in Meninga's squad on Tuesday morning but will now forego a hefty pay day to represent Mate Ma'a for the first time since 2010 in a shock move that few saw coming after he had worked so hard to earn back his green and gold jersey for the Anzac Test after a four-year hiatus.

Despite the carpool confusion, Graham arrived at the hotel on time and backed his teammate's decision to follow his heart.

"He was supposed to give me a lift here this morning so I was scrambling late to get a lift in… I called my back-up Val (Valentine Holmes) and he got me here," Graham laughed.

"I didn't [see this coming]. I know how hard Andrew has worked over the last 18 months to get back into this team so I definitely didn't see it coming. I'm not in Andrew's head; he obviously feels like he wants to represent his Tongan heritage and that's what he wants to do. Kudos to him.

"Andrew's made that decision; he feels that's where his heart lies and he wants to represent his Tongan Heritage and that's a decision only Andrew can make. You'll have to ask him about the rest of it because I'm a bit selfish at the moment enjoying this ride for myself. [Maybe] I'll see Andrew in a couple of weeks in the opposition.

"Who an individual wants to represent is up to the individual. We're all happy for Andrew if he feels comfortable with that, and if he feels like that's who he wants to represent, well we're happy for Andrew."

Fifita's decision to represent Tonga came on the back of Jason Taumalolo's shock defection from the Kiwis to link up with Kristian Woolf's side and it's put the rest of the tournament on notice.

"They're definitely a great team. Those two players certainly add to any team that they plan in," Graham said.

"Obviously a lot has happened today so it's all hard to digest right now. I haven't been thinking about too much football – I've been thinking about myself – but we'll see what happens as the World Cup progresses."

Status
Not open for further replies.