ANZAC Day jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton08

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why have the Bulldogs failed to produce an ANZAC Day jersey again this year? I think that it is a disgrace if they do not play in a jersey that commemorates this occasion.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do other clubs profit from jersey sales or do the profits go to charity?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You could always ask the club. Not sure why they dont make one as they are fairly easy to design

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why have the Bulldogs failed to produce an ANZAC Day jersey again this year? I think that it is a disgrace if they do not play in a jersey that commemorates this occasion.
I go the opposite way. The cashing in on the Anzac Industry is quite sickening... See Woolworths for example.

winton08

Waterboy
Reaction score
The panthers have done it right with their sponsors being removed from their jersey and a percentage going to defence force charities. I look at it as recognition for those who served. They don't need to cash in. I have been a bulldogs supporter for 36 years but would buy the panthers one just to have my money go to those who serve.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
The panthers have done it right with their sponsors being removed from their jersey and a percentage going to defence force charities. I look at it as recognition for those who served. They don't need to cash in. I have been a bulldogs supporter for 36 years but would buy the panthers one just to have my money go to those who serve.
Why not donate direct?

winton08

Waterboy
Reaction score
you can, but as a league fan i want to see acknowledge clubs who respect the ANZAC tradition.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go the opposite way. The cashing in on the Anzac Industry is quite sickening... See Woolworths for example.
Exactly this.

There's nothing more awkward and slightly crass than highly-paid sportsmen trying to tread the line of wartime analogies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we're not making money from exploiting the Aussie Diggers who were slaughtered whilst serving our country? oh what a shame

Last edited by a moderator:

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anzac jersey?

Does anyone know why once again we are the only club in the NRL that does not make an ANZAC Day jersey?

My mate just bought a framed Panthers ANZAC jersey signed by all the players and it looks great.

I have a lot of mates in the Army that follow the Dogs and would love to get their hands on a Bulldogs ANZAC inspired jersey.... but once again we didn't embrace it.

Does anyone know why we would do this??

Considering we don't mind changing our jerseys to make money from movies like Avatar, I though ANZAC day would be a no brainer.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone know why once again we are the only club in the NRL that does not make an ANZAC Day jersey?

My mate just bought a framed Panthers ANZAC jersey signed by all the players and it looks great.

I have a lot of mates in the Army that follow the Dogs and would love to get their hands on a Bulldogs ANZAC inspired jersey.... but once again we didn't embrace it.

Does anyone know why we would do this??

Considering we don't mind changing our jerseys to make money from movies like Avatar, I though ANZAC day would be a no brainer.
You've just touched on an interesting point toward the end of your comment there.

There's a debate over whether or not organizations should be using the Anzac "brand" for profit.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
We weren't the only club without an Anzac jersey...10/16 did an Anzac variant.

To be honest, I couldn't care less that we didn't do one. No clubs should, they should just do an arm band or a badge. It's just more cash grabbing and that really shouldn't be associated with Anzac Day.

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You've just touched on an interesting point toward the end of your comment there.

There's a debate over whether or not organizations should be using the Anzac "brand" for profit.
Fair enough point, however majority of clubs have all advertised that you can bid for the jerseys after the game and proceeds are going to the RSL's, SoldierOn, Legacy type of charities.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

I had wondered why we didnt have a ANZAC jersey but this makes some sense. Unless all funds from ANZAC jerseys are donated to the RSL or another serviceman's charity or organisation, technically we would be profiting from the brand. I can see it being debatable. That said even Coles make profit from the brand selling ANZAC cookies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As I said on another thread, I dislike the whole Anzac industry so much prefer we wear our regular jersey and show our respects properly.

The Raiders jersey looks ridiculous imo.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't like our club to profit from ANZAC day, but I guess they could do something with all profits going to a related charity like the RSL....... I'm 50/50 on this, but if your wondering why, email the club and ask?

(edit: not a charity, but someone who puts the money to use related to the point of this day)

Status
Not open for further replies.